Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 01:05 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
So you "ritiously" hate Jesus because he proclaimed to be the doorway, the light and the way? You don't have to respect Jesus at all. But keep in mind, you reject the phylosophy he teaches, and the compassion of God that he delivers. Anyone suggesting that you will have trouble getting to know God because you choose to unjustly hate Jesus is a matter of genuine concern for your soul. With Islam it is a matter of Jihad. BIG difference.
*Ahem*

You said...

Quote:
Everyone absolutely MUST respect their pathetic, horrible, false prophet, or else meet the sword.
Whereupon I counter with:

Quote:
Everyone absolutely MUST worship Jesus, or else burn in hell.
That *is* what a great number of Christians sincerely believe, is it not?

I don't 'righteously' hate Jesus, or anyone else (well, there is one person, but let's not get into that right now). I object to the vilification of another religion's prophetic figure when even a minor glance over one's own religious literature plainly shows (and, in point of fact, outright demonstrates) that the slate isn't clean on either side.

In other areas of this thread, you've made some fairly extreme claims. Let's look at things as they appear from the other side of the coin:

From your own post:

Quote:
all those that tolerate and love that lying, thieving, mass murdering, slave raping, pedophelic monster.
Let's start with one of the more violent ones: 'mass-murdering'. God commanded the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to be destroyed. For purposes of example (and because what constitutes a 'city' is defined by individual states) I'll use New York City as an example:

New York City (as of the 2010 US Census) has an approximate population of 8,175,133.

Now, we look to the Bible (specifically, King James version, Dueteronomy 29, verse 23) where it states:

Quote:
And that the whole land thereof is brimstone, and salt, and burning, that it is not sown, nor beareth, nor any grass groweth therein, like the overthrow of Sodom, and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim, which the LORD overthrew in his anger, and in his wrath.
If we accept the above example -- God ordered the deaths of approximately 32,700,532 people.

Now, let's look at 'lying'.

From KJV, 1 Kings 22:

Quote:

20And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.

21And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.

22And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
23Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.
(emphasis added)

As we can see from the above, God was complicit in lying to Ahab.

I'll cut this post off before it gets too long; I won't address the other comments you made, for the simple reason that I have neither the time nor the energy to look up oodles of Bible verses (hey, I did it enough when I was still going to church, okay?).

In closing, I will offer the following words of advice:

Before you cast aspersions on another, make sure your own house is in order.

Last edited by FredNotBob; 05-22-2011 at 01:08 AM.. Reason: Reformatting broken sentences.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:50 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Fred, I get what you're trying to say, but comparing the population of 4 ancient cities to the population of New York City is apples and hockey sticks.

Regardless, I agree with your assertions about neiter religion being able to take the moral high-ground with respect to atrocities committed in the names of their own brand of "God".

Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Fred, I get what you're trying to say, but comparing the population of 4 ancient cities to the population of New York City is apples and hockey sticks.

Regardless, I agree with your assertions about neiter religion being able to take the moral high-ground with respect to atrocities committed in the names of their own brand of "God".
Disagreements are not only acceptable they can be constructive. But when one demands tolerance through intolerance, it is not worth replying to.

All people of all faiths and or no faiths can live together and even disagree in Peace. Tolerance does not mean submitting to another persons demands or belief's it is simply the recognition that we are all individuals. Disagreement needs to be approached with offering evidence you are right, not trying to prove the other person is wrong, especially not with atrocities, emotional attacks or ignorance.

You and I most likely travel different paths. As long as we choose our path out of free choice with knowledge we are to accept the responsibility and consequences of our paths. Neither has the right or even the need to force the other off his chosen path. We can walk in peace even if we walk in opposite directions.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Why don't Muslims leave America and go back home?

I sure that the natives of this part of the world would ask the same question, but with a little word substitution.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:27 PM

591 posts, read 641,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Disagreements are not only acceptable they can be constructive. But when one demands tolerance through intolerance, it is not worth replying to.

All people of all faiths and or no faiths can live together and even disagree in Peace. Tolerance does not mean submitting to another persons demands or belief's it is simply the recognition that we are all individuals. Disagreement needs to be approached with offering evidence you are right, not trying to prove the other person is wrong, especially not with atrocities, emotional attacks or ignorance.

You and I most likely travel different paths. As long as we choose our path out of free choice with knowledge we are to accept the responsibility and consequences of our paths. Neither has the right or even the need to force the other off his chosen path. We can walk in peace even if we walk in opposite directions.

So you admit that you freely choose to cover up for Muhammad, and support him and all his horrible attrocities against mankind, and you freely choose to deny all of Muhammad's victims any compassion, and justice. That is who you are. That is all of Islam. Everyone wants to accuse the Crusaders as evil, when it should be duely noted that Muhammad was committing the very same attrocities against mankind (based on religious belief) WELL before they did, and probably brought the Crusades on himself. AND The way things are going, I would not be surprised if the middle east gets wiped off the face of the planet because of Muhammad's ongoing influence that will pale in comparison to the Crusades. The false religion of Islam is a cancer, an insult, and a threat to world peace. It's VERY dangerous. WORSE than Naziism ever was. By demanding everyone tolerate the false religion of Islam, you are demanding everyone tolerate the worst kinds of evil that has ever existed. All the while wishing peace apon the most evil man, and all of the horrible, unimaginable evil ever to disgrace mankind, and lie through your teeth and preach that Islam is a "religion of peace". That is who you are.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:32 PM

591 posts, read 641,638 times
Yeah, let's read the Koran about how Muhammad murdered, plundered, raped, and molested. Let us all learn how to tolerate. Then let's all come together and wish peace apon him. All of Islam is deeply perverted in their love for this wretched man. God will not tolerate it.

Last edited by Ball Pean; 05-22-2011 at 03:41 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
So you admit that you freely choose to cover up for Muhammad, and support him and all his horrible attrocities against mankind, and you freely choose to deny all of Muhammad's victims any compassion, and justice. That is who you are. That is all of Islam. Everyone wants to accuse the Crusaders as evil, when it should be duely noted that Muhammad was committing the very same attrocities against mankind (based on religious belief) WELL before they did, and probably brought the Crusades on himself. AND The way things are going, I would not be surprised if the middle east gets wiped off the face of the planet because of Muhammad's ongoing influence that will pale in comparison to the Crusades. The false religion of Islam is a cancer, an insult, and a threat to world peace. It's VERY dangerous. WORSE than Naziism ever was. By demanding everyone tolerate the false religion of Islam, you are demanding everyone tolerate the worst kinds of evil that has ever existed. All the while wishing peace apon the most evil man, and all of the horrible, unimaginable evil ever to disgrace mankind, and lie through your teeth and preach that Islam is a "religion of peace". That is who you are.

If that is how you read it, so be it. It is pointless to even attempt to exchange words with a person who is full of hate.

You have your belief I have mine. I am not going to slander your faith or demean your beliefs. You have them by your own choice and we all have free will. I will disagree with your views, but I accept your right to have them.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:13 AM

632 posts, read 1,180,515 times
Quote:
That is hilarious. Muhammad was a lying, thieving, mass murdering, slave raping pedophile, who created Islam which is an abomination and perversion of God. Jesus was sinless. All Jesus did was speak the truth and love. You are supposed to despise what is evil. All of Islam loves and wishes peace apon a truly HIDEOUS monster, and it's disgusting. They have no compassion for any of his countless victims. For that they share in his wretchedness. They do, and cover up evil just as he did, without any remorse. I hate them all. It is because of their beloved MONSTER this world suffers so much. They need to throw him in the lake of fire for all eternity just as I have done. That is their only path to repentance.
Quote:
I can feel Jesus's anger for Islam. I can feel his outrage for what Muhammad has done to him and his loved ones. Islam feels no outrage for evil or injustice. They knowingly wish peace apon a truly, hideous monster. Indeed, I feel Jesus's hatred for Islam.
Quote:
I am absolutely convinced the Koran was written out of a hatred for anything religion. He hated religion so much, he would kill anyone in his town for even bringing it anywhere near him. Th Koran is an insult to anything religious. It gives "Prophets" a reeking, wretched bad name. Muhammad makes anything that has to do with religion a bad name.

I normally don't care for anti-Islam believers like yourself but what you wrote is laughable.

You DO realize that Islam and Muslims accept and believe in Jesus Christ? I guess not.

I think this quote from Jesus basically sums you up and I think you should really think about this: Luke 6:37-42 ~ How can you say to your brother, `Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:01 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
If that is how you read it, so be it. It is pointless to even attempt to exchange words with a person who is full of hate.

You have your belief I have mine. I am not going to slander your faith or demean your beliefs. You have them by your own choice and we all have free will. I will disagree with your views, but I accept your right to have them.
To the angry Christian posters in this thread: The really foolish thing happening here is that Christian attack dog mentality is in high gear when we're running into a Muslim who is not another "I only know how to cut and paste, let me share my Muslim propaganda videos with you."

Christianity has a tremendous amount of bigotry and hate in its history. Am I the only Christian honest enough to point that out? Currently the nations that are predominantly Muslim are pretty much doing with their religion what Christianity was doing about 500 years ago. There is a direct parallel in Christian history for: Murdering "infidels", rampaging in bloodthirsty mobs when somebody in Denmark draws Muhammed with a bomb hat or is burning a copy of the Quran, treating women as much or less dignity as lifestock, killing anyone who betrays the faith, forcibly converting others, etc.

My contention is that Islam needs to get over such things. A great many of them already have -- and from what I'm seeing Woodrow LI appears to be one of those. I say that Islam needs to wake up and join the 21st century. Seems kinda stupid to bash the ones that already have.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
To the angry Christian posters in this thread: The really foolish thing happening here is that Christian attack dog mentality is in high gear when we're running into a Muslim who is not another "I only know how to cut and paste, let me share my Muslim propaganda videos with you."

Christianity has a tremendous amount of bigotry and hate in its history. Am I the only Christian honest enough to point that out? Currently the nations that are predominantly Muslim are pretty much doing with their religion what Christianity was doing about 500 years ago. There is a direct parallel in Christian history for: Murdering "infidels", rampaging in bloodthirsty mobs when somebody in Denmark draws Muhammed with a bomb hat or is burning a copy of the Quran, treating women as much or less dignity as lifestock, killing anyone who betrays the faith, forcibly converting others, etc.

My contention is that Islam needs to get over such things. A great many of them already have -- and from what I'm seeing Woodrow LI appears to be one of those. I say that Islam needs to wake up and join the 21st century. Seems kinda stupid to bash the ones that already have.
Peace GoT,

I do appreciate your kind words. However I want to clear up a few points. Islam has never been the Issue. But some who call themselves Muslim often are along with non-Muslims who misunderstand Islam.

Islam is a religion of Peace that has been deeply maligned in the past 100 years. Primarily by some who call themselves Christian, but do not follow Christ(as).

100 years of wars and political upheaval in the Mideast has taken a heavy toll on the Muslims in the region. WW1, WW2 Occupation by France, Spain and the UK. Non-Islamic rule had all but eliminated Islam in many countries it was once the only Religion. Nearly all of the Islamic countries in the Mideast are new countries and were established by the USA, UK or Both. Anarchy has been the actually government of the region. A lot of rebuilding has to be done in much of the Mideast before Islam can return to the Mideast as Islam.

In spite of that region having the fewest percentage of the world's Muslims the Chaos that exists there is what the Western World sees and believes to be Islam. Islam is not about war and terror, it is about Peace.

The vast numbers of Muslims in this world are actually quite up to date in technology and in the regions that were not devastated by wars in the past are well developed. Dubai is an excellent example. Some of the most tolerant and friendly people to be found can be found in Malaysia and Indonesia both of which are probably the closest to having true sharia Law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam