Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 AM

1,006 posts, read 737,170 times

Advertisements

Why not follow your own mind and not leave your faith up to fairy tales?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 09:42 AM

31,131 posts, read 22,161,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Why not follow your own mind and not leave your faith up to fairy tales?
I would follow Mickey Mouse before any of these Religions. I can see him, touch him and visit his domain, Disneyland. He's Just as real as any of them and he doesn't judge you.

I'm amazed that some "Primatives" from 2000 + years ago are still controlling us today!

We should be looking at Judism, Chrisianity, Islam, and other similar Religions from an historical/psychological stand point of how Religion is used to control the population.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:12 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,125,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That just confirms what I said....It boils done all of you thinking you are following the "true" religion...In Islam politics are inseparable from religion.

The same same is true of all political systems. Even if a 100% secular political system could be established, it would be based upon the premise that there is no god. Which in it self is a religious value of the system.

Any political system will reflect the religious beliefs or non-beliefs of the person designing the system.

Your model would most likely reflect your concept of a true religion being no religion. That would be an imposition of you views upon those who do not believe atheism is the truth.

You seem to strongly believe that your concept of "true" religion is no religion.

You may not realize but you are probably proselytizing as strongly for what you do not believe and us theists do for what we believe. Proselytizing is impossible to avoid, all any of us can do is to avoid doing so deliberately, cause no matter what we say, somebody will view it as proselytism just as I see you as proselytizing atheism and you see me as doing the same with Islam.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,672,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The same same is true of all political systems. Even if a 100% secular political system could be established, it would be based upon the premise that there is no god. Which in it self is a religious value of the system.

Any political system will reflect the religious beliefs or non-beliefs of the person designing the system.

Your model would most likely reflect your concept of a true religion being no religion. That would be an imposition of you views upon those who do not believe atheism is the truth.

You seem to strongly believe that your concept of "true" religion is no religion.

You may not realize but you are probably proselytizing as strongly for what you do not believe and us theists do for what we believe. Proselytizing is impossible to avoid, all any of us can do is to avoid doing so deliberately, cause no matter what we say, somebody will view it as proselytism just as I see you as proselytizing atheism and you see me as doing the same with Islam.
Might I suggest a little interesting reading on the oldest Participatory Democracy in the world, I believe you will find that there is a big separation of the government and religion in this particular Democracy.

Constitution of the Iroquois Nations

I might suggest that you really take the time to read this and learn.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:48 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,125,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Might I suggest a little interesting reading on the oldest Participatory Democracy in the world, I believe you will find that there is a big separation of the government and religion in this particular Democracy.

To add a bit of trivia. It was originally taken to be the model for the USA constitution, but the wasichu managed to modify it almost beyond recognition.

It has been a long time since I looked at the real words. I will view it again. My memory seems to agree it is workable and fair for a Nation composed of many beliefs.

Your input is valued

Old 06-09-2011, 11:14 AM

31,131 posts, read 22,161,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post

Looks good, but the metaphors kind of detract from message.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:16 PM

241 posts, read 475,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Just wondering here. Muhammad spewed hatred for Jews and Christians many times over in the Koran, and, according to the Koran, he unrepentantly pillaged, raped and mass murdered 1000s of Jews and Christians, and teaches in the Koran that Jews and Christians are worse than 2nd class citizens. All of Islam showers love and obedience to this guy, who, seems to me, is worse than Hitler. There is nothing at all "Holy" about this man, Muhammad. But I see and feel a lot of hate towards us. Why follow him? Why not throw him into the Lake of Fire where he belongs, and shower love on those that are more lovable?

>>>>>>>>>>
You know very simple information about prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) ...do not say that he belong to the lake of fire, please.. You know nothing about his mercy so don't say that he is worst than Hitler!!
If I talk about his mercy I won't finished < but just look at this video which well explain for you how Muhammad treat his enemy>>

YouTube - &#x202b;

Old 06-09-2011, 02:12 PM

33,573 posts, read 37,198,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There are secular systems in place, and god or no god doesn't enter into play at all. As a matter of fact even the US political system is secular.

Quote:
I think not..It will reflect the values of the citizens in a democracy.

Quote:
Atheism is NOT a religion.

Quote:
See above.

Quote:
You may not realize but you are probably proselytizing as strongly for what you do not believe and us theists do for what we believe.
Not so if you understand the meaning of Proselytizing...It would be if atheism were a religion, but it's not.
Quote:
Proselytizing is impossible to avoid, all any of us can do is to avoid doing so deliberately, cause no matter what we say, somebody will view it as proselytism just as I see you as proselytizing atheism and you see me as doing the same with Islam.
Even if I were to concede your point about atheism were a faith of some kind (It's not) where have you seen me ask anyone to abandon their religion? When have I said that atheism is better, as you constantly do regarding Islam?

I am critical of your religion, but that is NOT Proselytizing.

Proselytizing definition.
1. To induce someone to convert to one's own religious faith.
2. To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam