Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:28 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,007 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 10:36 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
No thank you...You do know that Palestinians have been lobbing rockets at Israel for the past few days, don't you?...If they really wanted peace they would stop the aggression.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:21 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Hamas calls a ceasefire and then continues to fire missles/rockets? For who did they call a ceasefire? And you expect the Israelis not to fire back. This is all the fault of Hamas. None of this occurs in Judea/Samaria (West Bank) under Fatah. The Palestinian people need to rise up and remove Hamas from power.

What message did they send when they shot an anti-tank missle at a car, hit the car, and then ran up to it a riddled it with bullets killing two retired couples?

Is Egypt going to thank Hamas for the rocket they shot into Rafah yesterday?

Daily Nation:*- Africa*|Rocket from Gaza lands in Egypt, wounds woman

Old 08-25-2011, 10:14 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Ted, so what's your agenda with this thread?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Is Egypt going to thank Hamas for the rocket they shot into Rafah yesterday?
Here comes the answer:

Quote:
Egyptian daily says Egyptian security agencies poised to start demolishing tunnels used in smuggling arms and goods, due to heavy digging equipment spotted for removing the tunnels.
Egypt reportedly mulling buffer zone on Israel border in wake of recent bloodshed - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
I wonder how our distinguished OP will react if Hamas manages to get a bomb or two through and destroys a synagogue on Yom Kippur. (Somehow, I imagine that will generate only silence around here).

Old 08-29-2011, 06:46 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I wonder how our distinguished OP will react if Hamas manages to get a bomb or two through and destroys a synagogue on Yom Kippur. (Somehow, I imagine that will generate only silence around here).
Sometimes I feel Hamas is anti-Islam. The activities attributed to them has always resulted in a greater loss of Palestinian lives than any other people.

If some how using aged Katyusha and homemade rockets they managed to hit a filled Synagogue, I dread to even think of the retaliation that would result against them.

It has been a long time since I was anywhere near Israel and I can not explain the actions of Hamas or Israel. But I do have deep concern for all innocent lives be they Palestinian Innocents of Israeli Innocents. I also understand how each factor sees the other as the aggressor and them selves as defenders.

Life in Gaza must be very similar to life on the reservations here in the USA. There is much frustration in knowing your people were removed from their home to Anus Mundi and under the thumb of the surrounding neighbors who now occupy your parents and granparents land. Perhaps there is a certain amount of desire to die fighting rather than live as captives.

The solution is to invent a way to reverse time go back to pre 1947 and start all over without the errors of the past. But since that option is not available, the best choice may to be for all outside forces and influence withdraw from the region and let them solve the problems without any outside support or intervention.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:51 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
The human rights is different on the Gaza. There the people have the right of realized defeat in the failure that you regard yourself Human. For instance literacy is really first of all a political issue of self-defense and then the schools consideration for humanity.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
If some how using aged Katyusha and homemade rockets they managed to hit a filled Synagogue, I dread to even think of the retaliation that would result against them.
There is a reason why Hamas can't build real mobile launchers that allow for more precision aim: The private citizens are calling the Israelis and telling them where the factories are. The majority private citizen wants the quiet that the West Bank has.

Quote:
the best choice may to be for all outside forces and influence withdraw from the region and let them solve the problems without any outside support or intervention.
If that would've happened in 1947 then there would currently be a Palestinian state.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:35 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
There is a reason why Hamas can't build real mobile launchers that allow for more precision aim: The private citizens are calling the Israelis and telling them where the factories are. The majority private citizen wants the quiet that the West Bank has.

If that would've happened in 1947 then there would currently be a Palestinian state.
I agree on both comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam