Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:04 PM

285 posts, read 297,996 times

Advertisements

Sorrily today ,terrorists did set some handy bomb enroute of a great population of Muslim which were going to meet their martyr and heavenly leader, Imam Hussain (he had been Mohamed's grandson that has killed by cruel Arab in an unequal war. His blood saved Islam and Quran of digression ) . That bombs exploded and 200 Of that clean and innocent Muslim killed and wounded ( 60 killed and 140 wounded )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 02:19 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
Sorrily today ,terrorists did set some handy bomb enroute of a great population of Muslim which were going to meet their martyr and heavenly leader, Imam Hussain (he had been Mohamed's grandson that has killed by cruel Arab in an unequal war. His blood saved Islam and Quran of digression ) . That bombs exploded and 200 Of that clean and innocent Muslim killed and wounded ( 60 killed and 140 wounded )
It is a sad day.

Related news can be found HERE

As much as I hate to see an Annexation of Iraq by Iran, it may be the best way to save lives.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:54 PM

177 posts, read 139,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is a sad day.

Related news can be found HERE

As much as I hate to see an Annexation of Iraq by Iran, it may be the best way to save lives.
It's not so much that the annexation of Iraq by Iran would actually solve the crisis it's ultimately either the sectarian war of Sunnis and Shi'as or the reconciliation of the two. An annexation of Iraq would just lead to the more militant ( if you consider the terroristic groups) or self determined Sunnis ( the we just don't want to be dominated groups) being either run out, killed, or completely dominated.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotionalintel View Post
It's not so much that the annexation of Iraq by Iran would actually solve the crisis it's ultimately either the sectarian war of Sunnis and Shi'as or the reconciliation of the two. An annexation of Iraq would just lead to the more militant ( if you consider the terroristic groups) or self determined Sunnis ( the we just don't want to be dominated groups) being either run out, killed, or completely dominated.
The issue is not because of sectarian differences. the problem is in Iraq most Shi'i are Iranian (Aryan) descent and most Sunni are Arab. It is primarily a racial issue, brought on by something like 3000 years of distrust between Iranians and Arabs.

In regions were you do not have the racial separation, Sunni and Shi'a live in peace.However, that is in very few areas as most Shi'a world wide are Iranian and outside of Iran, most live in Arab Nations.

The Iraqi Arabs do fear an annexation by Iran. But the numbers seem to indicate it is inevitable as Iraq is Majority Shi'i. As much as I don't want to see it, It just may be annexation would result in less deaths.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,445,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The issue is not because of sectarian differences. the problem is in Iraq most Shi'i are Iranian (Aryan) descent and most Sunni are Arab. It is primarily a racial issue, brought on by something like 3000 years of distrust between Iranians and Arabs.

In regions were you do not have the racial separation, Sunni and Shi'a live in peace.However, that is in very few areas as most Shi'a world wide are Iranian and outside of Iran, most live in Arab Nations.

The Iraqi Arabs do fear an annexation by Iran. But the numbers seem to indicate it is inevitable as Iraq is Majority Shi'i. As much as I don't want to see it, It just may be annexation would result in less deaths.
And this is the reason so many Americans don't really understand what is going on in the Middle East. We're learning, and doing so slowly. Perhaps that understanding will be able to make a difference someday.

Unfortunately someday isn't today, and innocent people are going to continue to die in the meantime.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
And this is the reason so many Americans don't really understand what is going on in the Middle East. We're learning, and doing so slowly. Perhaps that understanding will be able to make a difference someday.

Unfortunately someday isn't today, and innocent people are going to continue to die in the meantime.
That is both true and sad.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:37 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Muslim on muslim over religious differences. How does anyone defend the muslim religion? Really?

Last edited by Asheville Native; 01-06-2012 at 02:51 PM..

Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Muslim on muslim over religious differences. How does anyone defend the muslim religion? Really?
As I stated before it is not over religious differences. It is actually worse as it is a racial issue.

As for accepting each other as Muslims I can not speak for all Muslims, but as far as I know all Sunni accept Shi'i as being Muslim. Our one major difference is the sunni accept no Central Leader and do not consider fatwas to be commandments while the Shi'i see the Ayatollah of Iran as being their central leader and his fatwahs as commandments.

But as far as worship goes we say the same prayers, and follow the same Pillars of faith.

The problem is in the Mideast nearly every Shi'i is Iranian and holds allegience to the Ayatoullah, while the Arabs are nearly all Sunni. The issues between Iranian (Persian) predates Sunni and shi'i by very many centuries.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
The root cause of racial hatred is religion. These people are 'different'; must hate.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:52 PM

912 posts, read 827,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post

There is nothing to learn in all, from the ancient desolate Island.

The spirit has been shared & rejected out of pride and ignorance.

Its time to stand back and see, if a spirit can evolve on its own, for itself.

If not, it never will, never was intended & will provide for the evolving.

Joined sadness & Prayers for the pain and suffering...

Last edited by Blue Hue; 01-06-2012 at 08:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam