Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 08:37 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,806 times

Advertisements

Qur'an literally means something that is recited/read/proclaimed. It comes from the very first word (Iqra) of the very first verse (96:1) that was revealed on Mt. Noor (Nur).

It is God’s Revelation

[6.92] And this is a Book We have revealed, blessed, verifying that which is before it, and that you may warn the metropolis and those around her; and those who believe in the hereafter believe in it, and they attend to their prayers constantly.

[27.6] And most surely you are made to receive the Qur’an from the Wise, the Knowing God.

[45.2] The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.
[45.3] Most surely in the heavens and the earth there are signs for the believers.
[45.4] And in your
(own) creation and in what He spreads abroad of animals there are signs for a people that are sure;
[45.5] And
(in) the variation of the night and the day, and (in) what Allah sends down of sustenance from the cloud, then gives life thereby to the earth after its death, and (in) the changing of the winds, there are signs for a people who understand.
[45.6] These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you with truth; then in what hadith would they believe after Allah’s and His verses?

Purpose of Revelation

[7.2] A Book revealed to you-- so let there be no straitness in your breast on account of it-- that you may warn thereby, and a reminder close to the believers.

[16.64] And We have not revealed to you the Book except that you may make clear to them that about which they differ, and
(as) a guidance and a mercy for a people who believe.

[7.203] And when you bring them not a revelation they say: Why do you not forge it? Say: I only follow what is revealed to me from my Lord; these are clear proofs from your Lord and a guidance and a mercy for a people who believe.

Light and Guide

[5.15] O people of the Book! Indeed Our Messenger has come to you making clear to you much of what you concealed of the Book and passing over much; indeed, there has come to you light and a clear Book from Allah;
[5.16] With it Allah guides him who will follow His Will into the ways of safety and brings them out of utter darkness into light by His Will and Guides hem to the right path.

Guide and Mercy

[31.2] These are verses of the Book of Wisdom
[31.3] A guidance and a mercy for the doers of goodness.

The Qur'an is guidance just as the Taurat and the Injeel was guidance from God. This guidance was promised by God when Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden for disobeying God:

[2.38] We said: Go forth from this (state) all; so surely there will come to you a guidance from Me, then whoever follows My guidance, no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve.

Healing and Mercy

[17.82] And We reveal of the Qur’an that which is a healing and a mercy to the believers, and it adds only to the perdition of the unjust.

Truth from God

[32.2] The revelation of the Book, there is no doubt in it, is from the Lord of the worlds.
[32.3] Or do they say: He has forged it? Nay! It is the truth from your Lord that you may warn a people to whom no warner has come before you, that they may follow the right direction.

[4.82] Do they not then meditate on the Qur’an? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy.

[6.19] Say: What thing is the weightiest in testimony? Say: Allah is witness between you and me; and this Qur’an has been revealed to me that with it I may warn you and whomsoever it reaches…

Taught by God

[55.1] The Beneficent God,
[55.2] Taught the Qur’an.

The Qur'an is the best Hadith consistent with itself

[39.23] Allah has revealed the best Hadith, a book conformable in its various parts, repeating, whereat do shudder the skins of those who fear their Lord, then their skins and their hearts become pliant to the remembrance of Allah; this is Allah's guidance, He guides with it whom He pleases; and (as for) him whom Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.

Message to all the worlds

[81.27] It is naught but a reminder to the worlds,
[81.28] For him among you who wishes to go straight.

Instructs mankind

[39.41] Surely We have revealed to you the Book with the truth for the sake mankind; so whoever follows the right way, it is for his own soul and whoever errs, he errs only to its detriment; and you are not a custodian over them.

[80.11] Nay! Surely it is a reminder.
[80.12] So let him who wishes to remember it.

Carries own evidence

[29.48] And you did not recite before it any book, nor did you transcribe one with your right hand, for then could those who say untrue things have doubted.

Cannot be produced by other than divine agency

[17.88] Say: If men and jinn should combine together to bring the like of this Qur’an, they could not bring the like of it, though some of them were aiders of others.

Perhaps 114 chapters of the Qur’an was too much. How about just ten chapters?

[11:13] Or, do they say: He has forged it. Say: Then bring ten forged chapters like it and call upon whom you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.

If not even ten chapters, how about just one chapter?

[2.23] And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your witnesses besides Allah if you are truthful.

[10.38] Or do they say: He has forged it? Say: Then bring a chapter like this and invite whom you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.

[2.23] And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your witnesses besides Allah if you are truthful.

Follow it and do right

[6.155] And this is a Book We have revealed, blessed; therefore follow it and guard (against evil) that mercy may be shown to you.

Solves Israel’s controversies

[27.76] Surely this Qur’an declares to the children of Israel most of what they differ in.
[27.77] And most surely it is a guidance and a mercy for the believers.

God/Allah is Witness

[6.19] Say: What thing is the weightiest in testimony? Say: Allah is witness between you and me; and this Qur’an has been revealed to me that with it I may warn you and whomsoever it reaches. Do you really bear witness that there are other gods with Allah? Say: I do not bear witness. Say: He is only one God, and surely I am clear of that which you set up (with Him).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 02:24 PM

GOD (ALLAH in Arabic)

(According to the Message of the Qur’an)

Muslims worship the same God as worshipped by Abraham, Moses and Jesus before Muhammad (peace be upon them all).

[29.46] And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit.

[112:1] Say: He, Allah, is One.
[112:2] Allah is He on Whom all depend.
[112:3] He begets not, nor is He begotten.
[112:4] And none is like Him.

“One” here simply means there is no other god except God (Allah).

“None is like Him” means that God’s essence is not like anything known to man. Therefore, no man can describe essence of God:

[6.103] Vision comprehends Him not, and He comprehends (all) vision; and He is the Knower of subtleties, the Aware.

God is known only by His attributes rather than by His essence. He can be described only by His attributes as revealed to man.

The KING, the HOLY, the GUARDIAN, the MIGHTY, the SUPREME, the Possessor of greatest GLORY

[59.23] He is Allah, besides Whom there is no god; the King, the Holy, the Giver of peace, the Granter of security, Guardian over all, the Mighty, the Supreme, the Possessor of every greatness Glory be to Allah from what they set up (with Him).

I hope to include attributes of God, as revealed through the Qur'an, in this post gradually. For example:

LORD

[1:1] All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.

[6:164] Say: What! Shall I seek a Lord other than Allah? And He is the Lord of all things; and no soul earns
(evil) but against itself, and no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another; then to your Lord is your return, so He will inform you of that in which you differed.

[2:21] O people! Serve your Lord Who created you and those before you so that you may be righteous.

[40.15] Possessor of the highest rank, Lord of power: He makes the inspiration to light by His command upon whom He pleases of His servants, that he may warn
(people) of the day of meeting.

[85.15] Lord of the Throne, the Glorious.

[51.58] Surely Allah is the Bestower of sustenance, the Lord of Power, the Strong.

[55.17] Lord of the East and Lord of the West.

[73.9] The Lord of the East and the West-- there is no god but He-- therefore take Him for a protector.

[43.82] Glory to the Lord of the heavens and the earth, the Lord of power, from what they describe.

CREATOR (WHO CREATED)

“He begets not nor is He begotten” in the Qur'an 112:3 means He has no biological sons or daughters as known to human beings. He is also not begotten. He is an uncreated Creator:

[6.102] That is Allah, your Lord, there is no god but He; the Creator of all things, therefore serve Him, and He has charge of all things.

[59.24] He is Allah the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner; His are the most excellent names; whatever is in the heavens and the earth declares His glory; and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

[6.1] All praise is due to Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth and made the darkness and the light; yet those who disbelieve set up equals with their Lord.

[10.3] Surely your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods, and He is firm in power, regulating the affair, there is no intercessor except after His permission; this is Allah, your Lord, therefore serve Him; will you not then mind?

[16.70] And Allah has created you, then He causes you to die, and of you is he who is brought back to the worst part of life, so that after having knowledge he does not know anything; surely Allah is Knowing, Powerful.

[17.99] Do they not consider that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth, is able to create their like, and He has appointed for them a doom about which there is no doubt? But the unjust do not consent to aught but denying.

[19.9] He said: So shall it be, your Lord says: It is easy to Me, and indeed I created you before, when you were nothing.

[19.67] Does not man remember that We created him before, when he was nothing?

[24.45] And Allah has created from water every living creature: so of them is that which walks upon its belly, and of them is that which walks upon two feet, and of them is that which walks upon four; Allah creates what He pleases; surely Allah has power over all things.

[30.54] Allah is He Who created you from a state of weakness then He gave strength after weakness, then ordained weakness and hoary hair after strength; He creates what He pleases, and He is the Knowing, the Powerful.

[46.33] Have they not considered that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth and was not tired by their creation, is able to give life to the dead? Aye! He has surely power over all things.

The BENEFICENT (Rahman) and the MERCIFUL

[1:2] The Beneficent, the Merciful.

[2.163] And your God is one God! There is no god but He; He is the Beneficent, the Merciful.

MALIK (Master/Owner)

[1:3] Master of the Day of Judgment.

[82.18] Again, what will make you realize what the Day of judgment Is?

[82.19] The Day on which no soul shall control anything for
(another) soul; and the command on that Day shall be entirely Allah's.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:31 PM

[4.124] And whoever does good deeds whether male or female and s/he is a believer-- these shall enter the garden, and they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly.

[16.97] Whoever does good whether male or female and he is a believer, We will most certainly make him live a happy life, and We will most certainly give them their reward for the best of what they did.

[9.71] And
(as for) the believing men and the believing women, they are guardians of each other; they enjoin good and forbid evil and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His messenger; (as for) these, Allah will show mercy to them; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

[13.22] And those who are constant, seeking the pleasure of their Lord, and keep up prayer and spend
(benevolently) out of what We have given them secretly and openly and repel evil with good; as for those, they shall have the (happy) issue of the abode.

[16.90] Surely Allah enjoins the doing of justice and the doing of good
(to others) and the giving to the kindred, and He forbids indecency and evil and rebellion; He admonishes you that you may be mindful.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:03 AM

Muslims believe in the revelation from God of the Qur'an as well as the revelations from God before the Qur'an.

[2.136] Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Moses and Jesus, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

[3.84] Say: We believe in Allah and what has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord; we do not make any difference/separation/distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

[29.46] And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:44 AM

2,779 posts, read 2,672,179 times
Sura #37
102 And when (his son) was old enough to walk with him, (Abraham) said:
O my dear son, I have seen in a dream that I must sacrifice thee. So look, what thinkest thou?
He said:
O my father! Do that which thou art commanded. Allah willing, thou shalt find me of the steadfast.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:37 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,992 times
Quran 2:222 "And they ask you about menstruation. Say, "It is harm, so keep away from wives during menstruation. And do not approach them until they are pure. And when they have purified themselves, then come to them from where Allah has ordained for you. Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves."

Narrated 'Aisha:
The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot while we were Junub. During the menses, he used to order me to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist) and used to fondle me. While in Itikaf, he used to bring his head near me and I would wash it while I used to be in my periods (menses). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298)

Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:
(on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to fondle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start fondling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299; see also Number 300)

Old 08-04-2016, 02:41 PM

Sahih Bukhari is off top in this thread.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:50 PM

[2:222] AND THEY will ask thee about [woman's] monthly courses. Say: "It is a vulnerable condition. Keep, therefore, aloof from women during their monthly courses, and do not draw near unto them until they are cleansed; and when they are cleansed, go in unto them as God has bidden you to do." 209 Verily, God loves those who turn unto Him in repentance, 210 and He loves those who keep themselves pure. (Asad)

Note - 209
This is one of the many references in the Qur'an to the positive, God-ordained nature of sexuality.

Note - 210
I.e., if they have transgressed against the above restriction.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:07 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,992 times
5:38 And the male thief and the female thief: then cut (off) the hands of both, as a recompense for what they (both) have earned, as a torture from Allah; and Allah is Ever-Mighty, Ever-Wise.

Not quite what we want in western countries!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GawmWVEgeI8

Old 08-06-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
5:38 And the male thief and the female thief: then cut (off) the hands of both, as a recompense for what they (both) have earned, as a torture from Allah; and Allah is Ever-Mighty, Ever-Wise.

Not quite what we want in western countries!
I agree that it's not quite what we want in the western countries. This is not a normal punishment for stealing today even in most majority Muslim countries.

Even in an Islamic country (with Caliph as the Head), it is not an automatic punishment. Repentance is accepted initially and chance is given to the thief to reform and to be forgiven before the punishment.

[5.38-39] And (as for) the man who steals and the woman who steals, cut off their hands as a punishment for what they have earned, an exemplary punishment from Allah; and Allah is Mighty, Wise. But whoever repents after his iniquity and reforms, then surely Allah will turn to him (mercifully); surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam