Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 02:45 PM

2,779 posts, read 2,672,179 times

Advertisements

Sura #11
117 Nor would thy Lord be the One to destroy communities for a single wrong-doing, if its members were likely to mend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 02:31 AM

Sura #14
21 They all come forth unto their Lord. Then those who were despised say unto those who were scornful: We were unto you a following, can ye then avert from us aught of Allah's doom? They say: Had Allah guided us, we should have guided you. Whether we rage or patiently endure is (now) all one for us; we have no place of refuge.

22 And Satan saith, when the matter hath been decided: Lo! Allah promised you a promise of truth; and I promised you, then failed you. And I had no power over you save that I called unto you and ye obeyed me. So blame not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can ye help me, Lo! I disbelieved in that which ye before ascribed to me. Lo! for wrong-doers is a painful doom.

23 And those who believed and did good works are made to enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow, therein abiding by permission of their Lord, their greeting therein: Peace!

Old 04-26-2017, 01:28 PM

Sura #46
15 And We have enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents. His mother bears him with hardship. And she brings him forth with hardship, and the bearing of him, and the weaning of him is thirty months, till when he attains full strength and reaches forty years, he says: "My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favour which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds, such as please You, and make my offspring good. Truly, I have turned to You in repentance, and truly, I am one of the Muslims (submitting to Your Will)."

16 Such are they from whom We shall accept the best of their deeds and pass by their ill deeds: (They shall be) among the Companions of the Garden: a promise! of truth, which was made to them (in this life).

17 But (there is one) who says to his parents, "Fie on you! Do ye hold out the promise to me that I shall be raised up, even though generations have passed before me (without rising again)?" And they two seek Allah's aid, (and rebuke the son): "Woe to thee! Have faith! for the promise of Allah is true." But he says, "This is nothing but tales of the ancients!"

Old 05-02-2017, 12:32 AM

Sura #62
9 O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salat (prayer) on Friday (Jumu'ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allah [Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salat (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing). That is better for you if you did but know!

10 Then when the (Jumu'ah) Salat (prayer) is ended, you may disperse through the land, and seek the Bounty of Allah (by working, etc.), and remember Allah much: that you may be successful.

11 And when they see some merchandise or some amusement [beating of Tambur (drum) etc.] they disperse headlong to it, and leave you (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) standing [while delivering Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah)]. Say: "That which Allah has is better than any amusement or merchandise! And Allah is the Best of providers."

Old 05-04-2017, 04:48 PM

Sura #14
7 And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: "If you give thanks I will give you more (of My Blessings);
but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily My punishment is indeed severe."

Old 04-15-2018, 07:12 PM

Sura #17
36 And follow not that of which you have not the knowledge;
surely the hearing and the sight and the heart, all of these, shall be questioned about that.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:31 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,806 times
[2.267] O you who believe! Spend (benevolently) of the good things that you earn and or what We have brought forth for you out of the earth, and do not aim at what is bad that you may spend (in alms) of it, while you would not take it yourselves unless you have its price lowered, and know that God is Self-sufficient, Praiseworthy.

[4.19] O you who believe! It is not lawful for you that you should take women as heritage against (their) will, and do not straiten them m order that you may take part of what you have given them, unless they are guilty of manifest indecency, and treat them kindly; then if you hate them, it may be that you dislike a thing while God has placed abundant good in it.

[4.94] O you who believe! When you go to (defend in) war in God's way, make investigation, and do not say to any one who offers you peace: You are not a believer. Do you seek goods of this world's life! But with Allah there are abundant gains; you too were such before, then Allah conferred a benefit on you; therefore make investigation; surely Allah is aware of what you do.

[5.8] O you who believe! Be upright for Allah, bearers of witness with justice, and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably; act equitably, that is nearer to piety, and be conscious of Allah; surely Allah is Aware of what you do.

[5.35] O you who believe! Be conscious of Allah and seek means of nearness to Him and strive hard in His way that you may achieve salvation.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:46 PM

[24:35] Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light, Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories, for Allah is knower of all things. (Pickthall)

Old 05-20-2018, 08:29 PM

[9.64] The hypocrites fear lest a chapter should be sent down to them telling them plainly of what is in their hearts. Say: Go on mocking, surely Allah will bring forth what you fear.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:42 PM

[5.58] And when you call to prayer they make it a mockery and a joke; this is because they are a people who do not understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam