Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 09:26 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,433,271 times

Advertisements

I feel all people who claim they are muslims, should react when crimes are committed by people claiming it is for Islam.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:29 PM

116 posts, read 88,238 times
Nothing but bigotry as Canadian prejudice strikes again.

In 1989 Marc Lepine murdered 14 people by gun---He was called a "gunman" (not terrorist) by the newspapers covering the story.
In 1992 Roger Warren bombs and kills 9 people---His actions are referred to as "murder" and he is not called a "terrorist"
In 2005 James Roszko murdered 4 Royal Canadian Mounted Police---he is referred to as gunman, shooter or suspect in news accounts not terrorist.
...and these are just a few examples......

A mentally unstable convert takes a gun and kills two guards---he is called terrorist---why?....for the single reason that he was a recent convert to Islam and Canadians are PREJUDICED.

see....
It was terrible, but was the Ottawa attack terrorism?

Old 10-23-2014, 09:33 PM

26 posts, read 22,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I see. You are a Islamic Terrorist apologetic. Your attitude will not help solve the problem by excusing it.
As I expected, you went down that route.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:34 PM

116 posts, read 88,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
I feel all people who claim they are muslims, should react when crimes are committed by people claiming it is for Islam.

NO---Muslims should stop apologizing and start pointing out prejudice and bigotry.........

Old 10-23-2014, 09:36 PM

26 posts, read 22,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Islam has been on a rampage for 1400 years, with the last 200 being the quietest time in their history.
They were pushed out of Europe, and Thomas Jefferson kicked them out of the Med.
They remained in the mid east, until oil money and the prostitution of western politicians let them out of their cages..

But guess what.... Islam's back,... with the same philosophy of rob, rape, and kill, for Allah. And give 20% of the booty collected to the leader.
The religion cannot evolve, it is cast in stone, with addons of course, but the addons cannot conflict with the original writings.

Sure, you will run into muslims who are completely unawere of their own religion, I talk to them all the time.
If I cared what the average Westerner has to say about Islam, I'd visit jihad watch and the like.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:51 PM

33,573 posts, read 37,191,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippa View Post
I have no dog in this fight. I was merely interested in pointing out the hypocrisy. According to you, it's fine (perhaps a duty) for the West to kill commanders and political figures who belong to ISIS and the like. But not the other way around, even though this IS war.

Can you explain this to me, or are you just going to go down the route I expect you to take?
This is not war, it is terrorism....Learn the difference.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:58 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,940,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsiam View Post
Nothing but bigotry as Canadian prejudice strikes again.

In 1989 Marc Lepine murdered 14 people by gun---He was called a "gunman" (not terrorist) by the newspapers covering the story.
In 1992 Roger Warren bombs and kills 9 people---His actions are referred to as "murder" and he is not called a "terrorist"
In 2005 James Roszko murdered 4 Royal Canadian Mounted Police---he is referred to as gunman, shooter or suspect in news accounts not terrorist.
...and these are just a few examples......

A mentally unstable convert takes a gun and kills two guards---he is called terrorist---why?....for the single reason that he was a recent convert to Islam and Canadians are PREJUDICED.

see....
It was terrible, but was the Ottawa attack terrorism?
Did a religious ideology drive those nutbars?

Trying to avoid the question makes you part of the problem. The fact there are radicalized muslim perpetuating those acts can not be swept under the table by attempts at redirection.

Deal with the issue, not "what abouts". That is not being honest.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:59 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,940,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippa View Post
As I expected, you went down that route.
Only because you are excusing rather than condemning the issue. Start acting in a manner that convinces people you want to be part of the solution, and the reaction changes.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:09 PM

671 posts, read 892,205 times
The governments will take real action after ordinary citizens start killing Muslims in retaliation..You know that sooner or later that's going to happen...Apparently the human race isn't all that it thinks it is. History backs that up..

Old 10-23-2014, 10:09 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,540,436 times
Canadian muslim groups have condemned this. You wouldn't accept the Ahmadis as representative, fair enough, but how about the executive director of the National Council of Canadian Muslims? There are other gorups mentioned in this article as well. Hope this is what you were looking for and it can go a ways.

Ottawa shooting: Canadian Muslims denounce attacks - Ottawa - CBC News

Also, just gonna drop this in here...

Dark Threats and the Normalization of White Terror: Aboriginals, Muslims & South Americans in the #OttawaShooting | Eric Ritskes

All that said, I still have my concerns regarding all of this. I have to say that I am grateful to the Canadian imams who alerted authorities to the terrorists who tried to blow up a train between Montreal and Toronto recently, and I am grateful to Martin "Ahmad" Rouleau's imam who at least tried to work with the RCMP and his family to de-radicalize him, albeit unsuccessfully. Our good relations with our muslim neighbours is indeed one of our country's best defenses against terrorism. All that said, there are notorious, radical mosques in this country that preach ideologies that put us all at danger by encouraging enemies willing to commit violent acts to develop in our midst. We cannot (and never should!) ban ideologies in this country - it would be a violation of our principles I would never be willing to be pushed to. But we do need to find solutions to this or things will turn ugly. How could such a connundrum be better addressed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam