Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 01:28 PM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Here is one write up on What is Eeman.

Linguistic meaning
• Islamic meaning
• What is "speech" and what is "action"?
• Pillars of Eeman
• Difference between Islam & Eeman
• Things that increase Eeman
• Things that decrease Eeman
• References

http://www.askislampedia.com/en/wiki/-/wiki/English_wiki/Concept+of+Belief#1[/url]

Note in particular the increase and decrease in eeman.
You need to know first what is eeman before you can even think of increase or decrease in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
As I mentioned many times, the core of eeman is the same as the core of "belief" in English or whatever the language.
You are wrong!

Quote:
In the loose [wider] sense both eeman and belief are the same.
However in the strict [narrower] sense then eeman is,

belief [strict] + Islamic pillars of eeman.
You are covering your backside by saying that eeman and belief are the same but not the same. It's like you telling me that you are wrong in loose (wider) sense but you are right in strict (narrower) sense.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:02 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,645,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
You are wrong!
You are covering your backside by saying that eeman and belief are the same but not the same. It's like you telling me that you are wrong in loose (wider) sense but you are right in strict (narrower) sense.
You think you are smart but you are not as your knowledge based on too shallow and narrow.

Note my explanation in the other post.
//www.city-data.com/forum/43816340-post28.html

Old 04-26-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
You think you are smart but you are not as your knowledge based on too shallow and narrow.

Note my explanation in the other post.
//www.city-data.com/forum/43816340-post28.html
My knowledge is based on precise term eeman. You have only loose terms to rely on but still can't understand how the last 3 aspects of faith relate to the first 3 main aspects of faith.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:16 AM

Quote:
My knowledge is based on precise term eeman. You have only loose terms to rely on but still can't understand how the last 3 aspects of faith relate to the first 3 main aspects of faith.
Precise "eeman" meant it is a specific set of beliefs, i.e. relating to the 6 pillars of eeman specifically within Islam.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Precise "eeman" meant it is a specific set of beliefs, i.e. relating to the 6 pillars of eeman specifically within Islam.
Precise eeman is eeman in Allah, His messenger and the Book (from Allah that is delivered by His messenger). All beliefs are within the Book. Once one believes in the Book, he has eeman in all beliefs in it. It would be ignorance about the Qur'an to think that eeman in the Book excludes the 4, 5 and 6 of the set of beliefs.

There can be no eeman whatsoever without eeman in the Book. There can be no eeman whatsoever without eeman in the messenger. And of course there can be no eeman whatsoever without eeman in Allah. Having eeman in the Book is having eeman in all 6 articles of faith because these are derived from the Book only.

You need to understand more about what is meant by having eeman about the Book of Allah.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Precise eeman is eeman in Allah, His messenger and the Book (from Allah that is delivered by His messenger). All beliefs are within the Book. Once one believes in the Book, he has eeman in all beliefs in it. It would be ignorance about the Qur'an to think that eeman in the Book excludes the 4, 5 and 6 of the set of beliefs.

There can be no eeman whatsoever without eeman in the Book. There can be no eeman whatsoever without eeman in the messenger. And of course there can be no eeman whatsoever without eeman in Allah. Having eeman in the Book is having eeman in all 6 articles of faith because these are derived from the Book only.

You need to understand more about what is meant by having eeman about the Book of Allah.
Your understanding is very shallow on this.

In general [loose wider term], a Muslim may have eeman in Allah, the messenger and thus it is implied having eeman in the Book.

In a more strict term, having eeman [loose] in the Book do not imply having strong eeman in a Book.
This is why I mentioned to develop strong eeman one must establish absolute total acceptance of the 6,236 verses in the Book.

I am sure you are aware in general, there are a correlation between the number of times a Muslim read [diligently] the Quran and the degree of conviction [eeman, faith in] a Muslim will have of the Quran.
On the first reading, a Muslims will have a general idea and will not be aware of the details and nuances in the Quran.
As a Muslim read more and more times with greater understanding, analysis, awareness and reflection, his eeman [faith, confidence, trust and conviction] in Allah, the messenger and the book will increase in time.

There is no way a beginner Muslim will have the same degree of eeman [conviction, faith] as a Muslim who has practiced diligently for 40 years.
This is how I understand by having eeman about the Book of Allah and the other pillars of eeman.
Your understanding of eeman of the Book of Allah is crude and kindergartenish.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Your understanding is very shallow on this.
My understanding is quite precise on this.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
My understanding is quite precise on this.
Note even a kindergarten child can be precise but it takes a lot of additional learning, thinking, reflection, meditation, competence, skill, intelligence, wisdom, reasoning to understand the subject matter in greater, wider and deeper sense.

You may be precise like a kindergarten child but lack the additional learning, competence, skill, intelligence, wisdom, reasoning, etc. to understand the subject matter in greater, wider and deeper sense.
This is why you are so "dogmatic" and blatant in denying any subject matter in the strict and loose sense plus those in between.

"Yellow is absolutely yellow and nothing else" as you insisted so 'dogmatically'.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Note even a kindergarten child can be precise but it takes a lot of additional learning, thinking, reflection, meditation, competence, skill, intelligence, wisdom, reasoning to understand the subject matter in greater, wider and deeper sense.

You may be precise like a kindergarten child but lack the additional learning, competence, skill, intelligence, wisdom, reasoning, etc. to understand the subject matter in greater, wider and deeper sense.
This is why you are so "dogmatic" and blatant in denying any subject matter in the strict and loose sense plus those in between.

"Yellow is absolutely yellow and nothing else" as you insisted so 'dogmatically'.
Islam is Islam. The Qur'an the Qur'an. Eeman is eeman. These are all precise terms. You need to learn about them. You can't learn about them by diluting them with loose terms. Truth is always truth rather than half truth and half lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam