Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 03:31 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I am not trying to learn much on hadith history, I am just questioning the "righteousness" of muhammed, supposing the hadith is reliable which describes his actions. So if we just take the hadith for what it says (in a couple of them by the way, not just one), and I think it's fair to assume it's reliable, then my question still stands:

"So.. was it a righteous or a wicked thing to kill those animals?"

and:

"Have you an example of any prophet from the Old Testament that came with like bloodshed?"
There is a lot of bloodshed in the OT, but there is something to think about:

In the quran the few older verses that are more peaceful are abrogated by the newer and very violent and hateful verses. In the bible, the OT is abrogated by the NT which calls for loving your neighbor and turning the other cheek and all that.

Remember also that evil is evil no matter who does it. A favorite ploy of Muslims is to say: well, christians did bad things. Yes, but evil does not excuse evil. And Islam is FAR more evil.

Look at what is happening today with Islam. The mass rapes, the terrorism....and look at the recent Islamic terrorism....it is coming faster and faster. And so barbaric! One attack after the other. And it will get worse.

Old 07-17-2016, 03:37 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post

In the quran the few older verses that are more peaceful are abrogated by the newer and very violent and hateful verses. In the bible, the OT is abrogated by the NT which calls for loving your neighbor and turning the other cheek and all that.

Remember also that evil is evil no matter who does it. A favorite ploy of Muslims is to say: well, christians did bad things. Yes, but evil does not excuse evil. And Islam is FAR more evil.

Look at what is happening today with Islam. The mass rapes, the terrorism....and look at the recent Islamic terrorism....it is coming faster and faster. And so barbaric! One attack after the other. And it will get worse.

Much of that Violence is directed against us Muslims that do not agree with what the likes of ISIS call Islam. Most Muslims are just as much targets of the terrorists as non-Muslims are. The terrorists are our common enemy. The Terrorists are just as much my enemy as they are your enemy.

Old 07-17-2016, 03:43 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,623,048 times
Quote:

I was raised Catholic, left the Church when I was 11 because I didn't agree with their teachings and studied many different faiths until I first converted to Islam at age 20. I left for a few years, but returned 5 years later. Muslims, Christians, and Jews share similar beliefs; but of course they have their differences.

Remember the Crusades and all the terrible things Christians did before the 20th Century? Well, I think there are some Muslims that are in that phase. Of course, there are still some Christians that do terrible things today. Just like there are other tenants of other faiths that do horrible things. Can't paint with the broad brush.

Growing up I had a Muslim best friend. My dad has Muslim friends and I saw before I converted, they were not much different than I am. They are the nicest people I know. As Woodrow said, there is a lot of violence directed towards Muslims because there are many who group Muslims with ISIS. That's why my grandma said (she died in 2013) that I should be careful about whom I tell. Even my dad still thinks that. So, I'm very careful about sharing my beliefs. As far as I know, people who convert to Christianity, Judaism, or any other faith in the West don't have to be careful. Perspective, though.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:04 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
I was raised Catholic, left the Church when I was 11 because I didn't agree with their teachings and studied many different faiths until I first converted to Islam at age 20. I left for a few years, but returned 5 years later. Muslims, Christians, and Jews share similar beliefs; but of course they have their differences.

Remember the Crusades and all the terrible things Christians did before the 20th Century? Well, I think there are some Muslims that are in that phase. Of course, there are still some Christians that do terrible things today. Just like there are other tenants of other faiths that do horrible things. Can't paint with the broad brush.

Growing up I had a Muslim best friend. My dad has Muslim friends and I saw before I converted, they were not much different than I am. They are the nicest people I know. As Woodrow said, there is a lot of violence directed towards Muslims because there are many who group Muslims with ISIS. That's why my grandma said (she died in 2013) that I should be careful about whom I tell. Even my dad still thinks that. So, I'm very careful about sharing my beliefs. As far as I know, people who convert to Christianity, Judaism, or any other faith in the West don't have to be careful. Perspective, though.
Tell me why the crusades happened? What was the cause?

You have muslims from all different walks of islam celebrating Islamic terrorist attacks.

How can a good person choose to follow an ideology where the god threatens unspeakable torture for eternity for those that will not submit to him....who OK's mass rape of captive women....who chooses a prophet that is a pedophile and terrorist?

Islam sanctifies crime and violence as acts of worship and that is why its acts of terror do not occur in isolation. It is never the act of a single madman, because its intents and ambitions are communal.

Quran 3:151 We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve for what they have associated with Allah of which He had not sent down [any] authority. And their refuge will be the Fire, and wretched is the residence of the wrongdoers.

Quran 8:12 Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

Quran 8:60 And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.

Quran 27:87 And on the day when the trumpet shall be blown, then those who are in the heavens and those who are in the earth shall be terrified except such as Allah please, and all shall come to him abased.

Quran 33:26 And those of the people of the Scripture who backed them (the disbelievers) Allah brought them down from their forts and cast terror into their hearts, (so that) a group (of them) you killed, and a group (of them) you made captives.

Quran 34:51 If thou couldst but see when they will quake with terror; but then there will be no escape (for them), and they will be seized from a position (quite) near.

Quran 59:13 Of a truth ye are stronger (than they) because of the terror in their hearts, (sent) by Allah. This is because they are men devoid of understanding.

And so much more......

Old 07-17-2016, 04:13 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,623,048 times
Quote:
Tell me why the crusades happened? What was the cause?

You have muslims from all different walks of islam celebrating Islamic terrorist attacks.

How can a good person choose to follow an ideology where the god threatens unspeakable torture for eternity for those that will not submit to him....who OK's mass rape of captive women....who chooses a prophet that is a pedophile and terrorist?

Islam sanctifies crime and violence as acts of worship and that is why its acts of terror do not occur in isolation. It is never the act of a single madman, because its intents and ambitions are communal.

Quran 3:151 We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve for what they have associated with Allah of which He had not sent down [any] authority. And their refuge will be the Fire, and wretched is the residence of the wrongdoers.

Quran 8:12 Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

Quran 8:60 And prepare against them whatever you are able of power and of steeds of war by which you may terrify the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them whom you do not know [but] whom Allah knows. And whatever you spend in the cause of Allah will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.

Quran 27:87 And on the day when the trumpet shall be blown, then those who are in the heavens and those who are in the earth shall be terrified except such as Allah please, and all shall come to him abased.

Quran 33:26 And those of the people of the Scripture who backed them (the disbelievers) Allah brought them down from their forts and cast terror into their hearts, (so that) a group (of them) you killed, and a group (of them) you made captives.

Quran 34:51 If thou couldst but see when they will quake with terror; but then there will be no escape (for them), and they will be seized from a position (quite) near.

Quran 59:13 Of a truth ye are stronger (than they) because of the terror in their hearts, (sent) by Allah. This is because they are men devoid of understanding.

And so much more......
Why? Because I didn't like Catholicism - I found no peace within Catholicism... I actually found Catholicism to be elitist more so than Islam. I feel more at peace as a Muslim than I did a Catholic. Of course, I didn't choose to be baptized and if my mom had her way, I wouldn't have at all (my mom is an Atheist). Dad and my grandmother wanted to raise me in something, and since they practiced Catholicism, it made sense. When I left, both of them were wonderful about it and they were wonderful about my decision to become a Muslim.

My Muslim friends didn't hate me when I was a non-Muslim and I don't hate non-Muslims. I live with non-Muslims for crying out loud! Most of my family are atheists, but there are still a few Catholic family members. And I definitely don't hate my non-Muslim friends. In fact, one of my Muslim friends worked for the US Army! So, no, most Muslims do not cheer for the terrorist attacks, especially since terrorists attack other Muslims as well.

You just hate Islam and do not look past your bias. I'm sorry that you do have so much hatred in your heart.

The crusades started because humans tend to see division more than unity. It was a case of "my God is better than your God," even though they are the same God. Just like what is happening today.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:53 PM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times
My family and I have kept a dog (Rottweiler).

No need to kill them unless a mad dog is about to attack you.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:57 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
For the first question, the Hadith do not give enough information to know if it was or was not righteous. In order to understand the Ahadith you do need to know the origin of each one. Also know that most Hadith are only a small portion of what was actually said or done.

My own understanding of what I believe about dogs. Here is my wife with our dog

For the second question see my above post
You recently became a Muslim
And you do not know Islam
Thread is whether the dogs of orders to kill Mohammed
Where is the compassion
Is all the talk is not true
Muslims are books
You must kill this dog
And otherwise you will not enter paradise and will not enjoy Balihuriaat

Old 07-17-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Much of that Violence is directed against us Muslims that do not agree with what the likes of ISIS call Islam. Most Muslims are just as much targets of the terrorists as non-Muslims are. The terrorists are our common enemy. The Terrorists are just as much my enemy as they are your enemy.
Koran makes terrorism
Read the verses of the Koran well
ISIS Muslims, not from the moon
Believe in the Book of Allah
The Word of God
And obey the Messenger

Old 07-17-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Why? Because I didn't like Catholicism - I found no peace within Catholicism... I actually found Catholicism to be elitist more so than Islam. I feel more at peace as a Muslim than I did a Catholic. Of course, I didn't choose to be baptized and if my mom had her way, I wouldn't have at all (my mom is an Atheist). Dad and my grandmother wanted to raise me in something, and since they practiced Catholicism, it made sense. When I left, both of them were wonderful about it and they were wonderful about my decision to become a Muslim.

My Muslim friends didn't hate me when I was a non-Muslim and I don't hate non-Muslims. I live with non-Muslims for crying out loud! Most of my family are atheists, but there are still a few Catholic family members. And I definitely don't hate my non-Muslim friends. In fact, one of my Muslim friends worked for the US Army! So, no, most Muslims do not cheer for the terrorist attacks, especially since terrorists attack other Muslims as well.

You just hate Islam and do not look past your bias. I'm sorry that you do have so much hatred in your heart.

The crusades started because humans tend to see division more than unity. It was a case of "my God is better than your God," even though they are the same God. Just like what is happening today.
You should know that the Crusades are the Order of pride to Europeans
The reason Saliba wars were Defense Gunn Eastern Christians
And also was due to the issuance of the Fatimid caliph in Egypt orders Ltd. Mir Churches in Jerusalem
No justification for those wars of the Gospel
I dare you to provide a clear text of the Bible to justify the war in all its forms
So you do not understand Christianity
Islam in the West, Islam is used dissimulation in all its forms
But when you gain strength and you will know the number of negative impact
This is happening in France today
I Nhishoa that State and Sedmrunha coped terrorist
Future generations will pay the price
Catholic calls for tolerance
But it does not call for corrupt morals
I believe that marriage is the fun did you like in Islam

Old 07-17-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Why?
Quote:
Because I didn't like Catholicism - I found no peace within Catholicism... I actually found Catholicism to be elitist more so than Islam. I feel more at peace as a Muslim than I did a Catholic. Of course,
Catholicism is not a temporary marriage
Where no Catholic Altjehah
Catholic and calls for high morals
It refuses moral decay
For that refuses to attack the Catholic here
Look in the books of the Christians well
And look at the Koran
For one word
They love
God is love
Does the Koran this declaration of love

Koran states where the النكاح nukah
And the states of the fighting and jihad
Wyatt marriage Mohamed wife of his adopted son
It was narrated that any peace talk in Islam
I think it's a dream to have you in paradise Horiat Bakrat
We do love this paradise filled with cheap sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam