Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 02:34 PM

22 posts, read 29,573 times

Advertisements

called essa in arabic

Islam honors all the prophets who were sent to mankind. Muslims respect all prophets in general, but Jesus in particular, because he was one of the prophets who foretold the coming of Muhammad. Muslims, too, await the second coming of Jesus. They consider him one of the greatest of Allah's prophets to mankind. A Muslim does not refer to him simply as "Jesus," but normally adds the phrase "peace be upon him" as a sign of respect.
No other religion in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does. The Qur'an confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Qur'an is entitled "Mary"), and Mary is considered to have been one of the purest women in all creation. The Qur'an describes Jesus' birth as follows:
"Behold!' the Angel said, God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and in the Hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and he shall be of the righteous. She said: "My Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?
He said: "Even so; God creates what He will. When He decrees a thing,
He says to it, 'Be!' and it is." [SIZE=1][3:42-47

Muslims believe that Jesus was born immaculately, and through the same power which had brought Eve to life and Adam into being without a father or a mother.
"Truly, the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." [3:59][
During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. The Qur'an tells us that he said:
"I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave." [3:49]
]Muhammad and Jesus, as well as the other prophets, were sent to confirm the belief in one God. This is referred to in the Qur'an where Jesus is reported as saying that he came:

"To attest the law which was before me, and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me." [3:50]

Prophet Muhammad emphasized the importance of Jesus by saying:
"Whoever believes there is no god but Allah, alone without partner, that Muhammad is His messenger, that Jesus is a servant and messenger of God, His word breathed into Mary and a spirit emanating from Him, and that Paradise and Hell are true, shall be received by God into Heaven. [Bukhari]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 03:41 PM

790 posts, read 1,733,444 times
Quote:
No other religion in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does.
more so than christians? Sounds like wishful thinking

Old 02-12-2009, 02:26 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times

Really, Jesus is God, now what would you say? Jesus is God, but Islam says other wise. That to me is not respecting Jesus.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:37 PM

90 posts, read 134,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post

Really, Jesus is God, now what would you say? Jesus is God, but Islam says other wise. That to me is not respecting Jesus.
jesus (peace be upon him) was just a prophet and by calling him 'god' is disrepecting him. he is not the son o allah as allah has no partners. so by calling jesus god christians are actually saying there are two gods? i am conused and i was brought up christian. the quran was the last book and has not been changed - whereas the bible was written by people hundreds o years ater the death o jesus by people who had never met him.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:22 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post

Talking to a muslim is like talking to an atheist. Since they don't believe the Bible to be the Word of God, it's hard to get anywhere with them. It's the same for them with us though, we don't believe the Quran is the Word of God, so why would we listen to what they say?

Old 02-22-2009, 05:35 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
I DON'T belive the Bible to be the word of God, and I can (and Have Already) Proven that it is not nor can it be.
I do not know the Quran well enough to say though, but I have read it enough to see that it has the same God, same Characters and same basic teachings. But the Quran at least makes the claim on itself to being the Word of God which the Bible does not
SO who knows? (or cares?) There are stranger things in the universe than that or me ...........

Old 02-22-2009, 11:18 PM

84 posts, read 282,914 times
Default Jesus, the I AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioula View Post
called essa in arabic

Islam honors all the prophets who were sent to mankind. Muslims respect all prophets in general, but Jesus in particular, because he was one of the prophets who foretold the coming of Muhammad. Muslims, too, await the second coming of Jesus. They consider him one of the greatest of Allah's prophets to mankind. A Muslim does not refer to him simply as "Jesus," but normally adds the phrase "peace be upon him" as a sign of respect.
No other religion in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does. The Qur'an confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Qur'an is entitled "Mary"), and Mary is considered to have been one of the purest women in all creation. The Qur'an describes Jesus' birth as follows:
"Behold!' the Angel said, God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and in the Hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and he shall be of the righteous. She said: "My Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?
He said: "Even so; God creates what He will. When He decrees a thing,
He says to it, 'Be!' and it is." [SIZE=1][3:42-47

Muslims believe that Jesus was born immaculately, and through the same power which had brought Eve to life and Adam into being without a father or a mother.
"Truly, the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." [3:59][
During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. The Qur'an tells us that he said:
"I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave." [3:49]
]Muhammad and Jesus, as well as the other prophets, were sent to confirm the belief in one God. This is referred to in the Qur'an where Jesus is reported as saying that he came:

"To attest the law which was before me, and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me." [3:50]

Prophet Muhammad emphasized the importance of Jesus by saying:
"Whoever believes there is no god but Allah, alone without partner, that Muhammad is His messenger, that Jesus is a servant and messenger of God, His word breathed into Mary and a spirit emanating from Him, and that Paradise and Hell are true, shall be received by God into Heaven. [Bukhari]
Jesus is the I AM, the only son of God. Not a partner, but God himself. My Bible was written before Muhammad.

"When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will realize that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own, but I say only what the father taught me." John 8:28

"He said to them, 'but who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter said in reply, 'You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.' Jesus said to him in reply, 'Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.'" Matthew 15-17

While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus questioned them, saying 'What is your opinion about the Messiah? Whose son is he' They replied 'David's.' He said to them, 'How then, does David, inspired by the Spirit, call him 'lord,' saying:
'The Lord said to my lord, 'sit at my right hand until I place your enemies under your feet'?
'If David calls him 'lord,' how can he be his son? Matthew 22:41-45

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, 'Child, your sins are forgiven.' Now some of the scribes were sitting there asking themselves, 'Why does this man speak this way? He is blaspheming. Who but God alone can forgive sins?' Jesus immediately knew in his mind what they were thinking to themselves, so he said, 'Why are you thinking such things in your hearts? Which is easier to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Rise, pick up your mat and walk'? But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority to forgive sins on earth'--he said to the paralytic, 'I say to you, rise, pick up your mat, and go home." Mark 2:5-11

Glory and honor to you, o Lord, Jesus Christ. Forgive me my sins, and help me to forgive those who persecute you. Amen.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:22 PM

Default Does the Qur'an allow you to kill non-Muslims?

If I were to tell you that I will not convert to Islam, and you knew you could not convert me, would Muhammad or the Qur'an allow you to kill me?

Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishmuslim View Post
jesus (peace be upon him) was just a prophet and by calling him 'god' is disrepecting him. he is not the son o allah as allah has no partners. so by calling jesus god christians are actually saying there are two gods? i am conused and i was brought up christian. the quran was the last book and has not been changed - whereas the bible was written by people hundreds o years ater the death o jesus by people who had never met him.
Wrong. Matthew wrote a book and was one of his apostles. John wrote 5 books and was his apostle. Peter wrote 2 books and was his apostle. All three were eyewitnesses to his ministry. The last book of my Bible, the book of Revelation, was written by John around A.D. 81 - 96, almost 500 years before Muhammad's birth.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:48 AM

118 posts, read 246,843 times
Jesus (peace be upon him) in Qura'an:

يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لا تَغْلُوا فِي دِينِكُمْ وَلا تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ إِلا الْحَقَّ إِنَّمَا الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَكَلِمَتُهُ أَلْقَاهَا )
(إِلَى مَرْيَمَ وَرُوحٌ مِنْهُ فَآمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَلا تَقُولُوا ثَلاثَةٌ انْتَهُوا خَيْرًا

Recite Verse

O People of the Book! commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Al-Masih 'Isa the son of Maryam was (no

more than) A Messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Maryam, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His

Messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One God: glory be to Him: (far Exalted is He) above having a son.

To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

complete here please..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam