Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
My Creator is not a vengeful, spiteful, egotistical, maniacal, god. My Creator cares about all of his creations.
Yes, all, except the infedel which he allows you to slay, even in the temple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:46 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Because it was written in scripture that God would send a Messiah for the Jewish people. Jesus was rejected by the Jews and the Gentiles. It wasn't God who killed, Jesus it was the people of that time. They failed to see Jesus as the Messiah and crucified him just like the thieves on the cross.

I believe God was with Jesus after all the skies turned dark on that day and I believed God wept at the site of the people and them not accepting His son as the Messiah.

All is fine Jesus is alive a well!!!! One day He will return, to show those who still reject HIM, that He is alive!!!!
Um, then what about all of the Jews and Gentiles that were born and died before Christ? Do they get a free pass or what?

What about all of the American Indians who didn't know who or What Christ was for at least 1,492 years after he was supposidly born?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Um, then what about all of the Jews and Gentiles that were born and died before Christ? Do they get a free pass or what?

What about all of the American Indians who didn't know who or What Christ was for at least 1,492 years after he was supposidly born?
The Jews and Gentile before Jesus' appearance as man had the sacrifical lamb to give for attonement of sin (includeing the American Indians). This was given from the beginning and since all are descendants of Adam nad then Noah (Noah's son's: Shem, Ham and Jaseph), then all know. For those who rejected the creator, they have no excuse, in any time in history.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The Jews and Gentile before Jesus' appearance as man had the sacrifical lamb to give for attonement of sin (includeing the American Indians). This was given from the beginning and since all are descendants of Adam nad then Noah (Noah's son's: Shem, Ham and Jaseph), then all know. For those who rejected the creator, they have no excuse, in any time in history.
So I can just slay a lamb for forgiveness?

For instance, the Mayans didn't sacrifice animals, they sacrificed people, LIVING PEOPLE, whom they cut the beating heart out of. Is that their blood sacrifice?

Native Americans only believed that you sacrifice animals that you owned, and until the Europeans came over, most native cultures only believed you could own a dog. Now some native cultures did sacrifice dogs, but the large majority didn't .

So again, what about all of the Native Americans who didn't know about this ritual of animal sacrifice?

Old 09-08-2009, 11:18 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,289,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
Hi
I am Muslim ...and i am always chat with christains in religion
I had asked them many questions ...but they always deny to anwser
this is my questions
1- why God did not helped Jesus when the jews and the romans tried to killed him , As He (God) helped Mose against pharaoh and helped Noah and all the other Prophets , ( and God also helped my Prophet Muhammed) ?
what is the most important for GOD his son Jesus , or his Prophets ?
2- if God present him self in Jesus ...why he used intermedaire ( Marry) to present him self ?
No entity/deity helped any such person as Moses, Jesus, or Noah nor Mohamed. Nor did anything physical angel intercede on behalf of Mary. Why? Because no such entity could have existed to rule over a world so perverse and rotted of morality in the name of "God"

The only god that binds humanity is found in the human experience, even those experience inspired by the desire for the supernatural.

Islam: capable of so much beauty in poetry, art,and music made and conceived exclusively by human beings. Islam, the religion, like its Semitic bretheren, I can do without and twice on Sunday.

S.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:50 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The Jews and Gentile before Jesus' appearance as man had the sacrifical lamb to give for attonement of sin (includeing the American Indians).

So why were our nations given different ways then? If Jesus and your god were intended for our people, then why weren't the nations made aware of it before the coming of the Europeans? One would think that your god would have done so without the need to have white men come and tell us all about it. One would think that your god could have shown the nations the Christian way without having to destroy our cultures and peoples. Our different nations were doing just fine until the European showed up. So, I suppose that the way to salvation is only through the wake of physical and cultural genocide. Thanks for nothing. For many of us, we'll just keep the way given to us long ago. BTW, our people NEVER sacrificed animals....I have no idea where you got that idea.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
So why were our nations given different ways then? If Jesus and your god were intended for our people, then why weren't the nations made aware of it before the coming of the Europeans? One would think that your god would have done so without the need to have white men come and tell us all about it. One would think that your god could have shown the nations the Christian way without having to destroy our cultures and peoples. Our different nations were doing just fine until the European showed up. So, I suppose that the way to salvation is only through the wake of physical and cultural genocide. Thanks for nothing. For many of us, we'll just keep the way given to us long ago. BTW, our people NEVER sacrificed animals....I have no idea where you got that idea.
I agree completely. Many Native American cultures had far more forgiving Gods than the Christian God. They were supposed to be the savages, yet the Christians that came here did far more savage things to them.

I'll take the beliefs of the original Americans over the European Christian God.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:07 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Quote:
I agree completely. Many Native American cultures had far more forgiving Gods than the Christian God. They were supposed to be the savages, yet the Christians that came here did far more savage things to them.

I'll take the beliefs of the original Americans over the European Christian God.
I agree completely with Fullback and we only have one Creator, different Native American people call him by different names, but he is still the one Creator.

Last edited by ptsum; 09-09-2009 at 09:21 AM..

Old 09-09-2009, 08:18 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:

Gods got it covered. After, all thats why we call HIM GOD. Do you really believe God would just send people to HELL!!!!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:

Jesus has always been alive even in the Old Testament.....................
A Prophet Like Unto Moses - http://www.jewsforjesus.org/publications/issues/11_4/prophet/......................
Yes, Moses did speak of a deliverer to come. Tucked into the midst of the summary of the Law in the eighteenth chapter of Devarim (Deuteronomy), talking about the punishment of false prophets, Moses made a remarkable prophecy:
"The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like unto me from the midst, of your brethren. Him you shall hear."

The text describes how that Prophet would be like Moses, as it recalls the experience of a nation that has been memorialized and burned into our consciousness.
"The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear, according to all you desired of the LORD your God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, nor let me see this great fire anymore, lest I die.' "And the LORD said to me: 'What they have spoken is good.
'I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.
'And it shall be [that] whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require [it] of him." (Deuteronomy 18:18,19)

Native Americans who believe in Jesus...................NACF Native American Christian Issues page (http://www.stanford.edu/group/nacf/issues.html - broken link)

Also.............The Navajos, Peyote and Jesus | Busted Halo
Quanah Parker
“The White Man goes into church and talks about Jesus. The Indian goes into his tepee and talks with Jesus.” WE SHOULD TAKE THIS WISE ADVICE!!!!
By the early 1900s, the peyote religious movement developed into the Native American Church (NAC), which today boasts over 250,000 Native American members, making it the biggest pan-Native American religious organization. There is no formal church hierarchy and meetings are usually held in tepees on a need basis, usually when a member seeks healing for an illness. Today one-fourth of Native Americans participate in NAC ceremonies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam