Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:23 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,956,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Of course not, lighten up!

By the way, it's spelled "Mormon."
Sorry, for the mis spell, I was in a hurry and whatever!! I am not arguing with you it is a debate.
America has been shown a white Jesus and I feel that this is in much dispute. Come on look where He came from. I think the picture I showed shows a much stronger looking man, looks like he would blend in well with the people.

As far as comparing Jesus to Bin Laden, it was in looks only, so you can read whatever you want into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 10:34 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,378,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Sorry, for the mis spell, I was in a hurry and whatever!! I am not arguing with you it is a debate.
America has been shown a white Jesus and I feel that this is in much dispute. Come on look where He came from. I think the picture I showed shows a much stronger looking man, looks like he would blend in well with the people.

As far as comparing Jesus to Bin Laden, it was in looks only, so you can read whatever you want into it.
No problem with the spelling or with the Bin Laden thing, I believe you to be sincere.

I suppose today you'd call most Jews "white" though without doubt the prevailing skin color when and where Jesus lived was most likely darker than what we think of as "white" today.

But as a resurrected being Jesus has been seen to have long white hair and a white beard. Again, he would have the power I expect to appear however he wants to appear.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 AM

Whatever happened to the Muslim o/p? I don't know if we actually got around to adequately addressing his concerns or not??

Old 09-15-2009, 05:49 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,416,568 times
Quote:
We do have domain, but it's silly for you to think you would treat the earth as a cheap hooker!!

You might read your Bible, but you need to gain respect for it!!!
You don't get analogys do you?

My analogy was that Earth was given to us, according to the Bible, by God, to do with as we will,

Like a cheap hooker on a Saturday night.

Or like your parents giving you a new toy at Christmas,

need I continue?

I have read the bible, I don't respect parts of the bible. Those parts that say I'm supposed to kill people, those parts that say we were given control of the Earth, or countless other stupid things in the Bible.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You don't get analogys do you?

My analogy was that Earth was given to us, according to the Bible, by God, to do with as we will,

Like a cheap hooker on a Saturday night.

Or like your parents giving you a new toy at Christmas,

need I continue?

I have read the bible, I don't respect parts of the bible. Those parts that say I'm supposed to kill people, those parts that say we were given control of the Earth, or countless other stupid things in the Bible.
Your suppose to kill people you tell me were the Bible tells one to do that!!

By the way I get analogy's, I just believe you got the wrong idea about how to take care of the earth. And if you were any gentlemen at all I think you would try to help the hooker rather then abuse her!!! Kind of goes along with the earth take care of it don't abuse it.

Some people and the way they think and you wonder why you don't understand the Bible!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
No problem with the spelling or with the Bin Laden thing, I believe you to be sincere.

I suppose today you'd call most Jews "white" though without doubt the prevailing skin color when and where Jesus lived was most likely darker than what we think of as "white" today.

But as a resurrected being Jesus has been seen to have long white hair and a white beard. Again, he would have the power I expect to appear however he wants to appear.
Thanks for your understanding, I was not in any way trying to insult OUR LORD!!!
I agree with you here Jesus will appear as HE wants too. But, I don't believe the Bible tells us what Jesus looked like does it?

Old 09-29-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your understanding, I was not in any way trying to insult OUR LORD!!!
I agree with you here Jesus will appear as HE wants too. But, I don't believe the Bible tells us what Jesus looked like does it?
I don't think the color of his skin is mentioned in the bible, we can assume that he would have been similar in skin color to other Jews living there at the time.

Once when I visited Jerusalem my guide said that Jesus was taller than the Roman soldiers who had to be taller than the average Jew to qualify to serve there. In the Garden Tomb the ledge where the body was laid was carved out at one end to allow the body of someone 6 feet 2 inches tall to be laid there without bending.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:59 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,977,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
Hi
I am Muslim ...and i am always chat with christains in religion
I had asked them many questions ...but they always deny to anwser
this is my questions
1- why God did not helped Jesus when the jews and the romans tried to killed him , As He (God) helped Mose against pharaoh and helped Noah and all the other Prophets , ( and God also helped my Prophet Muhammed) ?
what is the most important for GOD his son Jesus , or his Prophets ?
2- if God present him self in Jesus ...why he used intermedaire ( Marry) to present him self ?
God used Mary, because the Old Testament prophecy tells us He would enter the world through a woman.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:21 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,416,568 times
Quote:
Your suppose to kill people you tell me were the Bible tells one to do that!!

By the way I get analogy's, I just believe you got the wrong idea about how to take care of the earth. And if you were any gentlemen at all I think you would try to help the hooker rather then abuse her!!! Kind of goes along with the earth take care of it don't abuse it.

Some people and the way they think and you wonder why you don't understand the Bible!!!
Leviticus 20:13

[SIZE=1]13[/SIZE] " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Of course, there are more than this, but I'll let you read your bible and find them for yourself.

I'd love for everyone to respect the Earth. However, the chant of "drill here, drill now" doesn't sound like you're trying to give her a helping hand now does it. Sounds like people just want to get more and more and more out of her, and do little in return.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:40 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,876,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus had God as His father & Mary as His mother. Therefore, He was fully God & fully man. That made His sacrifice valid. On one hand, He was God, holy & righteous, & on the other hand He was human, so He could give His life (blood) for us.
this is probably one of the strangest myths in all of religion. The miracle is, they actually get people to believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam