Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,932,095 times

Advertisements

How can you possible see this as a good thing? Daddy has a vision that in order to prove Allah to some doubters he must kill his child, and his child goes along with it?

My kid would tell me to get stuffed, and rightly so.

And even more thankfully, I live in a country where she can be armed. And if Daddy ever has a vision and tries to kill her, she can blow my damn fool head off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 02:18 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
How can you possible see this as a good thing? Daddy has a vision that in order to prove Allah to some doubters he must kill his child, and his child goes along with it?

My kid would tell me to get stuffed, and rightly so.

And even more thankfully, I live in a country where she can be armed. And if Daddy ever has a vision and tries to kill her, she can blow my damn fool head off.

I did not mention any thing about good or not good .

Ibrahim was a prophet and a messenger from Allah that means he has direct contact to Allah thru the angels or thru other sources like dreams.

and the dreams of the prophets are revelation from Allah
prophet ibrahim dreamed to sacrifice his son and that is an order from Allah.

I agree with you it is not logical and not rational but this is the order of the one who created him and created his son and he must say hearing and obeying.

And it is a big test for Ibrahim.

Now if you go back to the verses I posted in the previous page I said that I discovered and learned a new thing in the Quran and that is in the same verses there is a story for prophet Ibrahim before the story of scarifying his son .

And it is about putting prophet Ibrahim inside the fire because he destroyed their gods.

And it was very very and very big fire and they had to use Catapult to throw him in the fire because they can not come near it .

And they did throw him inside the fire but he was not burned at all except for the ropes he was tied .

Allah made the fire cool and safety for prophet Ibrahim .

It is not logical and not rational for the fire to be cool and safety but it was under the order of Allah.

Remember the test for the sacrificing was for a prophet not for a normal person and the believe of the prophet does not compared with believe of the a normal person .

Also Allah was only testing his prophet and at the end the son is saved .

And I think that Allah is giving us a lesson in submission our self to him with satisfaction and acceptance
and that is Islam .

Old 11-04-2009, 07:27 PM

the people of prophet Ibrahim were about to believe because he gave them a very good logical proof that they are wrong

the logical proof is inside the following verses

And certainly We gave to Ibrahim his rectitude before, and We knew him fully well.

When he said to his father and his people: What are these images to whose worship you cleave?

They said: We found our fathers worshipping them.

He said: Certainly you have been, (both) you and your fathers, in manifest error.

They said: Have you brought to us the truth, or are you one of the triflers?

He said: Nay! your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, Who brought them into existence, and I am of those who bear witness to this:

And, by Allah! I will certainly do something against your idols after you go away, turning back.

So he broke them into pieces, except the chief of them, that haply they may return to it.

They said: Who has done this to our gods? Most surely he is one of the unjust.

They said: We heard a youth called Ibrahim speak of them.

Said they: Then bring him before the eyes of the people, perhaps they may bear witness.

They said: Have you done this to our gods, O Ibrahim?

He said: Surely (some doer) has done it; the chief of them is this, therefore ask them, if they can speak.

Then they turned to themselves and said: Surely you yourselves are the unjust;

Then they were made to hang down their heads: Certainly you know that they do not speak.

He said: What! do you then serve besides Allah what brings you not any benefit at all, nor does it harm you?

Fie on you and on what you serve besides Allah; what! do you not then understand?

They said: Burn him and help your gods, if you are going to do (anything).

We said: O fire! be a comfort and peace to Ibrahim;

And they desired a war on him, but We made them the greatest losers.

And We delivered him as well as Lut (removing them) to the land which We had blessed for all people

Old 11-08-2009, 01:46 PM

http://wikimapia.org/p/00/00/15/09/25_big.jpg (broken link)

this golden box is called the station of ibrahim .
inside it there is a glass cover and inside the glass cover is a stone and in the stone there is the feet print of prophet ibrahim peace be upon him.

when he was building the kaaba and the kaaba became higher he needed some thing to stand on it so he used this stone and Allah made the stone soft under his feet and his feet sank in it. Until today, one can see the impressions of the feet of Ibrahim on that rock.

http://wikimapia.org/p/00/00/15/09/29_big.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-08-2009, 08:29 PM

232 posts, read 701,323 times
The correct answer is :
built by a pedophile/terrorist/ false prophet...Muhammud

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post

built by a prophet

Old 11-09-2009, 11:16 AM

65 posts, read 93,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
the correct answer is :
Built by a pedophile/terrorist/ false prophet...muhammud
+1

Old 11-10-2009, 05:45 PM

http://www.ezsoftech.com/hajj/img/zamzam2.jpg (broken link) http://www.ezsoftech.com/hajj/img/zamzam3.jpg (broken link)

prophet Ibrahin took his wife and his son to valley of Makkah and at that time there was no one and no water in it .
and he left them under a tree leaving them with some dates, and a small water-skin .
when he started to leave them his wife said to him

'O Abraham! Where are you going! There is no person whose company we may enjoy, nor is there anything to take pleasure in.'

She repeated that to him many times, but he did not look back at her. Then she asked him:

'Has Allah ordered you to do so?'

He said: 'Yes.'

She said,
'Then He will not neglect us.

When the water finished, she and her child became very thirsty and her son started to cry she walked between two mountains seven times looking for water then Allah sent the angel Jebreel and he tapped the earth with his wing till water gushed from that place.

that water is called ZAMZAM and it is a blessing water and this well of ZAMZAM is exist until now

Old 11-10-2009, 07:36 PM

232 posts, read 701,323 times
Mohammed was a Thug & Fraud - (must read! - one of the best, short, accurate biographies EVER!)

Old 11-12-2009, 07:13 PM

Five years before Prophethood, there was a great flood in Makkah that swept
towards Al-Ka‘bah and almost demolished it.

The chiefs of Quraish decided to use only licit money in rebuilding Al-Ka‘bah, so all money
that derived from harlotry, usury or unjust practices was excluded.

started the work. demolishing the walls until they reached the basis laid by Abraham.

When they started rebuilding its walls, they divided the work among the tribes.

Each tribe was responsible for rebuilding a part of it. The tribes collected stones and start work.

The work went on in harmony till the time came to put the sacred Black Stone in its proper place.

Then strife broke out among the chiefs, and lasted for four or five days, each contesting for the honour of placing the stone in its position.

Daggers were on the point of being drawn and great bloodshed seemed imminent.
Luckily, the oldest among the chiefs made a proposal which was accepted by all.
He said:
“Let him, who enters the Sanctuary first of all, decide on the point.”

It was then Allâh’s Will that the Messenger of Allâh (Peace be upon him) should be the first to enter the Mosque.

On seeing him, all the people on the scene, cried with one voice: “Al-Ameen (the trustworthy) has come. We are content to abide by his decision.”

Calm and self-possessed, Muhammad (Peace be upon him) received the
commission and at once resolved upon an expedient which was to conciliate them all.

He asked for a mantle which he spread on the ground and placed the stone in its centre. He then asked the representatives of the different clans among them, to lift the stone all together.

When it had reached the proper place, Muhammad (Peace be upon him) laid it in the proper position with his own hands.

This is how a very tense situation was eased and a grave danger averted by the wisdom of the Prophet (Peace be upon him).

Old 11-14-2009, 12:29 PM

Allaah sent the Black Stone down to earth from Paradise, and it was whiter than milk, but the sins of the sons of Adam turned it black; it will come on the Day of Resurrection with two eyes with which it will see and a tongue with which it will speak and will testify for those who touched it in truth and sincerity.
Touching it, kissing it or pointing to it is the first thing that a person does when he wants to circumambulate the Ka’bah (tawaaf), whether he is doing Hajj or ‘Umrah or a voluntary tawaaf.

The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) kissed it, and his ummah followed him in doing so.

If a person is unable to kiss it he should touch it with his hand or with something, and then kiss that thing.

If he is unable to do that he should point to it with his hand and say Allaahu akbar. Touching the Stone is one of the things by means of which Allaah erases sins.

Islam Question and Answer - Questions about the Black Stone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam