Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 02:01 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
To the OP . . . No . . . and I say Mooseketeer for President!! Why aren't these wonderful people in government?
Well, she cannot be president since she lives in England, but she'd make a hell of a Prime Minister...We need people like her that think things through to hold the reins of power! Kudos Mooseketeer......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 02:09 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
This does not bode well for the Islamic religion here, if it's seen to be, and presented by the media as, a devisive and hostile force. If it's seen to be a growing and verbal "contaminant" to the long-held cultural viewpoint that we're a lovely, "truth and love" society of Anglo-Saxon Christians, then there will eventually be fighting in the streets..
Have you ever put yourself in the shoes of the Arabic/Muslim community and tried to imagine how they view our bombing of their middle eastern countries? We have 170 military bases spread out around the world and every time our government believes it's necessary to bomb them guess what? We Do! If I were one of their young I might be doing worse...that's the truth.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:53 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post

Iran for example in the 80s was doing quite nicely and moving in the right direction. All this has been undone in simply 2 decades.
It's hard to say Iran was moving in the right direction in the 80's, from the American point of view at least. They were doing fine up until 78 or so.

After that time, they were pretty busy exporting their brand of Islamic revolution, blowing up barracks in Beirut, etc. This was until they thankfully got bogged down in a long and costly war with Iraq.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
It's hard to say Iran was moving in the right direction in the 80's, from the American point of view at least. They were doing fine up until 78 or so.

After that time, they were pretty busy exporting their brand of Islamic revolution, blowing up barracks in Beirut, etc. This was until they thankfully got bogged down in a long and costly war with Iraq.
It's always been about THEIR oil. We've been over there with our noses a foot deep in their business since the 1930's. It's always about money now isn't it?

Old 11-14-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
It's always been about THEIR oil. We've been over there with our noses a foot deep in their business since the 1930's. It's always about money now isn't it?
No, I don't believe that....It is more about their screwball religion and their hatred of Israel. Even Canada has more oil than Iran, and there is no major problems between Canada and the US.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:37 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
You know what bugs me:

Is the ignorance about Oil and what Carbon Is to mankind. They (bla, bla: there I said They again) claim that carbon is essentially anti-equilibrium in its' source of self-caused salifying tendency. Oil itself is much carbon based, and it too should be listed as a dangerous chemical. So the global warming is caused by carbon oxidizing; ethanol take it still produces vast amounts of co2.

But oil is O.K. because it has so much chemical options; just as well that the attack on the coal industry be held accountable for ... the war not being stopped and the feeling that-- the west is so threatened.

Sucks; doesn't it to be in Love; not like me; independently wealthy.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:51 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
The people who own the oil over there are the same ones who use religion to keep their folks down.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, I don't believe that....It is more about their screwball religion and their hatred of Israel. Even Canada has more oil than Iran, and there is no major problems between Canada and the US.
I did not mean just Iran. It began with Saudia Arabia but ever since the thirties every major energy decision has been made with the consideration of the middle eastern oil.

I have a question for you. Do you think that either Gulf war would have been fought had it not been for oil? If the entire area was sand and nothing else you couldn't have hog tied us and dragged us over there.

After the end of the war in Europe Winston Churchill wrote a letter to the white house. In it he informed the United States that when the "spoils of war" were being considered Great Britain would not interfere unless their oil interests were threatened. Think about that. Think about the implications of a statement being made among the two closest allies in that war which more or less stated, "Don't Tread On My Oil!"

Old 11-14-2009, 10:03 PM

Well, if all there was in the mid east was sand, there would be no threat. Iran wouldn't be trying to build nuclear weapons, Saddam wouldn't have been a threat...The nation with the most oil is Saudi Arabia...Even though they are an Islamic nation they seem to mind their own business.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:17 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well, if all there was in the mid east was sand, there would be no threat. Iran wouldn't be trying to build nuclear weapons, Saddam wouldn't have been a threat...The nation with the most oil is Saudi Arabia...Even though they are an Islamic nation they seem to mind their own business.
...Not true, sanspeur; the Saudis export a very fundamentalist form of Islam know as Wahabi. It has come back to bite them in the @ss though, as al qaeda has taken their terror to Saudi Arabia itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam