Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:37 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouDon'tKnowMe View Post
There is none. It's a horribly written random collection of ram lungs of a
muderous thug.
Gosh, kind of like the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 11:47 AM

66 posts, read 95,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Gosh, kind of like the bible.
Mo comparison really. If you honestly think that...well, it just betrays your ignorance on the subject. I'm sure you're relatively bright...but I just don't think you know the subject.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:57 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
What evidence that the Koran the word of God?

Evidence????? it is a religious tract, it needs no evidence, like the buybull, it simply asserts all sorts of wild claims with no proof other than "because I said so!" and pretends to be quoting a mythological diety thingum.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
that natural stone ark is not big enough to carry all the animals..and scientist proved that formation is a natural geologic feature..
No but if you believe the theory that Noah transported samples of DNA of every animal on earth, then it makes a lot more sense, IMHO.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-25-2009, 12:12 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
There isn't really any evidence; just an endless repetition over the last 1400 years or so. There's a group of people who revere the Koran (or Qu'ran, if you prefer) as the word of God. They believe one thing, and other groups of people don't.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:15 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times

another evidence

you could also watch the shadow

the change in the length and the direction of the shadow is indication to earth rotation

and the earth rotaion causes the night and day

if the shadow does not change in lenght and direction
that means half of the earth will have night all the time and the other have will have light all the time then the life will be impossible to continue

Have you not seen how your Lord spread the shadow. If He willed, He could have made it still - But We have made the sun its guide (i.e. after the sunrise, the shadow shrinks and vanishes at midnoon and then again appears in the afternoon with the decline of the sun, and had there been no sunlight, there would have been no shadow).

Then We withdraw it to Us a gradual concealed withdrawal.

And it is He Who makes the night a covering for you, and the sleep (as) a repose, and makes the day Nushur (i.e. getting up and going about here and there for daily work, after one's sleep at night, or like resurrection after one's death). 25 .45:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5QrQkPwMc

Old 11-25-2009, 11:35 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times
another evidence

The likeness of those who choose other patrons than Allah
is as the likeness of the spider when she taketh unto herself a house, and lo! the frailest of all houses is the spider's house, if they but knew. 29:41

here the word she is used for the spider in this verse.
and that indicates that it is a female spider .

but why a female spider and not just a spider in general ?

because the female spider is the one who build the house and not male one .

the male spider can help in building the house but the main process is mainly feminine.

do you realize how correct the Quran is ?

Old 11-26-2009, 12:15 PM

169 posts, read 353,864 times
Default The earth's gravitational force

THE EARTH'S GRAVITATIONAL FORCE ....

Did we not make the earth a receptacle? (Surat al-Mursalat, 25)

The Arabic word "kifatan," translated as "receptacle" in the above verse, means "living things being gathered together and protected in their dwellings, places where living or inanimate things are gathered together; on which things are piled; place where things are collected. "" Kifatan "comes from root word" kafata, "which means" to collect, gather toward one, close embrace. "

With its gravitational force, the earth pulls the human beings and everything else on it, living or inanimate, toward its center. It is very likely that the use of a verb meaning "to pull toward one" refers to this force of gravity. (Allah knows the truth.)

It is thanks to the force of gravity that pulls the animals, plants, human beings and everything else on earth toward itself, that people are able to walk on the ground, stay where they are without flying off into the air, and orbit the earth without flying off into space, and that the rain is able to fall.

Sir Isaac Newton, regarded as one of the greatest scientists ever, investigated this feature of the earth and and made one of the greatest scientific discoveries of all time by speaking of gravity in his book Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica (The Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy) , first published in 1687. The Latin word "attraere" Newton used in discussing gravity also means "to attract, bring together." The reference in the Qur'an to one of the earth's four great forces, only described in the 17th century, is just one of the proofs that the Qur'an was sent down from the presence of Allah.

jmoool

Old 11-26-2009, 01:57 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
No but if you believe the theory that Noah transported samples of DNA of every animal on earth, then it makes a lot more sense, IMHO.

20yrsinBranson
as far as i know they did not have the technology back then to do such a thing.. i guess noah could have just shrunk the animals to say like 100th of there original size , then he could have fit them on such a small vessel

but why didn't noah with all his powers just make the flood not happen.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:41 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Again, until someone can tell me why I need to read a book or believe in a religion started by a man telling me he HEARD voices talking to him, I have NO interest in ascribing to such a religion. Today that same man would be ignored, laughed at, under some serious medication or locked up in the loony bin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam