Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 01:42 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
Have written about this subject before ...

rayneinspain, I will use a simple detail to reach clarity ...OK ( that for you and every non-muslim here )

NOW we ues We will use the logic or thinking

Overall ...Q. isit have to hit the Women ? answer ( NO)

Q. Does Islam calls for beating women ? answer (NO)

Was the first of put to LAW to prevent the beating women he ( MUAMMED PEACE BE UPON HIM ) ....muhammed did not hit a woman never and he a standard-bearer of the message of Islam ...

If Women hit in Islam that means that NO Women will does not marry or will not be women muslims then

These things used by the West to stab of Islam Only

are there a difference between beating a straw and beating sharp tool ?

in islam We have the worst the woman ... rudest the Women ..Evilest the woman After exhausting all ways to fix her beaten by straw or any thing like it .... and the West Non-Muslim critic of that but does not critic of Hit western woman in the strongest way ...

I read the status of women there how she received from her husband's severest torment! The illusion that women did not hit

look any one here Islamic law prohibits violence against women in all kinds

the man Offered by to God's punishment in the Hereafter if he unjust or use of violence against women ..

HOW THE WEST THEN SPEAKING OR critic of ISLAMIC LAW

when you ask me about islam I will tell you what is islam then ...

Now I will recount to you a list of some U.S. statistics and in all Europe which offer violence against women from her husband and her boyfriend (

that Rather, with criticism rather than Quranic text

In another U.S. study found that the statistics received by the police many times more than those published by the media ..

Where the circular for the most part of the statistics even not to exposed the reality of American society unbalanced especially by women!!

In 1981 researchers pointed out that incidents of spousal violence is common among 50 to 60% of marital relations in America....

Was noted (Walker) based on its research in 1984 on the experience of the vast American women with physical violence, she stated that 41% of women reported they were victims of physical violence on the mothers, 44% of the fathers, also showed that 44% of them had witnessed incidents of abuse physical to their parents on their mothers

If we know the murder victims are female and alone to find that one third of them have been killed by a partner or husband, and were husbands responsible for killing their wife of 1984, while the killers were their male partners in 10% of cases. Statistics, the perpetrators of attacks against women in America to say that 3 out of 4 aggressors are couples.....

Another statistic shows that husbands divorced or separated from their wives have committed 69% of the attacks ...

Women proved to be beaten by a partner is the source and the most common, which leads to injuries of women, and this is more common than incidents cars

In research carried out on the last 6 million households at America found that 50% of men who assault on their wives constantly and constantly on their children also

In Spain, also there is at least one communication every day in Spain refers to the killing of a woman or more ugliest roads by the man who lives with him....

Also success of the men to pay women to have sex with him without marriage contract...It's called freedom when is humiliating and an affront to her essence ..

Did anyone hear the shelters that are spread today in Europe and America, for the reception of women who escape from beatings by husbands or friends? Did not listen to seminars and numerous articles carried by the West and sit today, to search for a cure to the problem of the beating of women?

You said that your husband if beat you -you will terminate your relationship with him right ? even women muslim if her husband was done the thing same she can done what do you done ( without doubt if was The way the statistics that I mentioned them )

read about women in Christianity and Judaism Both Christianity and Judaism has developed a lot of texts to fit with that...Which promotes woman-battering ...and they consider Women the origin of sin and has No right to ask for a divorce of her husband

We are in Islam, if the husband best husband and women are not comfortable with him she can request to a divorce of him

All of this through text and not through the media and Canceled all of this because it is not commensurate with the women

Why you/we criticize the Word of God that be absolute Mercy of us ?

thanks
  1. Pardon me, but the English in a good part of your post was well above the level in which you typically use. If you cited and copied an article, it is customary on this site to use the quote function and cite your source/URL.
  2. The existence of violence in families is not condoned in the West (which is why we have specific domestic violence laws), and we certainly never treat our victims with further violence and victimization. I am well aware of the domestic violence in the Islamic world...and the consequences there.
  3. Try to stay on topic. This thread is about husband-on-wife violence in Islam--if it exists, any justifications for it, and posters' reactions to that premise. Conversely, I for one have EQUAL DISDAIN for any religion that condones such behavior whether found in scripture or not.
That said, this particular passage of yours:

Quote:
in islam We have the worst the woman ... rudest the Women ..Evilest the woman After exhausting all ways to fix her beaten by straw or any thing like it .... and the West Non-Muslim critic of that but does not critic of Hit western woman in the strongest way ...
APPALLS me. And, still, I am not completely surprised. Congratulations for expressing your true feelings about the female gender.

I wonder what they think of the men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The teachings of Moses are the same teachings of Jesus and Mohammed; but only people differ according to their rigid holding of their traditions.

Nothing like fear, torture, violence ...etc. Some people insist on it then defend their insisting while nothing like that is there; such solutions are for different people and for different situations and circumstances; so are you better than we the Muslims with our wives and families? Do you think so; go and see the different social problems in various societies. Or have the families in the West stronger family ties ?
Let's put it this way:

The West's equality in marriage=The West's equality in society

Islam's inequality in marriage=Islam's inequality in the mosque=Islam's inequality in society

WE WILL NEVER CHANGE. Certainly not for you.

That goes not only for how we view marriage and women, but also for how we view a 'just' society. Women in the West have fought long and hard for our place in this world, and there is nothing that will return us to second-class citizenship.

You would no more accept our way of life--women equal in society, marriage, the workforce, and politics--than we would accept yours.

There is a fundamental and immense difference in our respective perceptions of life, women, and the role of religion in them that will likely never be resolved.

Doris Day said it the best IMO:

Que sera sera.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:53 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Some people have to do their marriage in the river even in winter time; isn't it?

Anyhow, this is the misinterpretation of an aya in the Quran, which in fact means: to give the women their dower as an obligation.

The man cannot consummate the marriage unless he gives the dower due to his wife as agreed about before the marriage is accomplished.
Really now.....

In some works a special term is applied to women who participate in mut'a: musta'jara, or 'rented woman'. Mut'a is considered a kind of 'rental' because in general a man's basic aim in this kind of marriage is the sexual enjoyment of a woman, and in return for his enjoyment the woman receives a certain amount of money or property.

Why does this sound like prostitution to me?

Temporary Marriage in Islamic Law

Old 03-18-2010, 02:42 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
[quote=Fullback32;13347592]Actually, I have found that it is quite easy when you are with the right person. The reason marrige sucked the first time for me was because my first wife and I were not right for each other. Chock it up to young and dumb.

Fullback, I think that you took that a little context. When it's with the right person things are easier to work out which is how you know that it's the right person. However; you still have to work at it. When the passion and the bliss of being a newlywed is gone, you have to work at it, and find other things to keep the bond strong.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:08 PM

169 posts, read 353,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
  1. Pardon me, but the English in a good part of your post was well above the level in which you typically use. If you cited and copied an article, it is customary on this site to use the quote function and cite your source/URL.
  2. The existence of violence in families is not condoned in the West (which is why we have specific domestic violence laws), and we certainly never treat our victims with further violence and victimization. I am well aware of the domestic violence in the Islamic world...and the consequences there.
  3. Try to stay on topic. This thread is about husband-on-wife violence in Islam--if it exists, any justifications for it, and posters' reactions to that premise. Conversely, I for one have EQUAL DISDAIN for any religion that condones such behavior whether found in scripture or not.
That said, this particular passage of yours:

APPALLS me. And, still, I am not completely surprised. Congratulations for expressing your true feelings about the female gender.

I wonder what they think of the men.

rayneinspain, I did not copy these words from any network ...that my style

Copyright me

I will return to reply other time ..OK ?

Old 03-18-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
rayneinspain, I did not copy these words from any network ...that my style

Copyright me

I will return to reply other time ..OK ?

That's fine. Still, I would really like to see the source citation for those statistics.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:17 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Really now.....

In some works a special term is applied to women who participate in mut'a: musta'jara, or 'rented woman'. Mut'a is considered a kind of 'rental' because in general a man's basic aim in this kind of marriage is the sexual enjoyment of a woman, and in return for his enjoyment the woman receives a certain amount of money or property.

Why does this sound like prostitution to me?

Temporary Marriage in Islamic Law

As I told you, this is some wrong act which I reject; and it is the misinterpretation of the aya 4: 24

This is in the Quran 4: 23-24
حُرِّمَتْ عَلَيْكُمْ أُمَّهَاتُكُمْ وَبَنَاتُكُمْ وَأَخَوَاتُكُمْ وَعَمَّاتُكُمْ وَخَالاَتُكُمْ وَبَنَاتُ الأَخِ وَبَنَاتُ الأُخْتِ وَأُمَّهَاتُكُمُ اللاَّتِي أَرْضَعْنَكُمْ وَأَخَوَاتُكُم مِّنَ الرَّضَاعَةِ وَأُمَّهَاتُ نِسَآئِكُمْ وَرَبَائِبُكُمُ اللاَّتِي فِي حُجُورِكُم مِّن نِّسَآئِكُمُ اللاَّتِي دَخَلْتُم بِهِنَّ فَإِن لَّمْ تَكُونُواْ دَخَلْتُم بِهِنَّ فَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَحَلاَئِلُ أَبْنَائِكُمُ الَّذِينَ مِنْ أَصْلاَبِكُمْ وَأَن تَجْمَعُواْ بَيْنَ الأُخْتَيْنِ إَلاَّ مَا قَدْ سَلَفَ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا . وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاء إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ كِتَابَ اللّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ
وَأُحِلَّ لَكُم مَّا وَرَاء ذَلِكُمْ أَن تَبْتَغُواْ بِأَمْوَالِكُم مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً وَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

The explanation:
(Prohibited to you [for marriage] are:

>> your mothers,

>> daughters,

>> sisters;

>> father's sisters,

>> mother's sisters;

>> brother's daughters,

>> sister's daughters;

>> foster-mothers who gave you suck,

>> foster-sisters;

>> mothers of your wives;

>> your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom you have gone in, –– no prohibition if you have not gone in; ––

>> [those who have been] wives of your sons proceeding from your loins;

>> and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time,

except for what is past; for God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

>> Also [prohibited are] women already married,

except those [female war-prisoners] whom your right hands possess:

thus has God commanded you.

Lawful to you in marriage are:
all [women] other than those mentioned, so that you seek them [in marriage] with your wealth [by giving them the dower] in honest wedlock, not fornicating.

And those with whom you seek enjoyment by it [by marrying them], give to them their dowers as an obligation.

And there is no blame on you in what you do by mutual agreement [concerning the dower] after the obligation [has been stated.]

Surely, God is All-Knowing, Most Wise.)

So by misinterpreting this aya and fabricating some traditions this act has been made by some Muslims with their ignorance.

Quran Interpretation

Old 03-19-2010, 05:48 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,678 times
Quote:

This can't possibly mean what I think it means.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:49 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
This can't possibly mean what I think it means.
Yes . . it does!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:41 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
As I told you, this is some wrong act which I reject; and it is the misinterpretation of the aya 4: 24

This is in the Quran 4: 23-24
حُرِّمَتْ عَلَيْكُمْ أُمَّهَاتُكُمْ وَبَنَاتُكُمْ وَأَخَوَاتُكُمْ وَعَمَّاتُكُمْ وَخَالاَتُكُمْ وَبَنَاتُ الأَخِ وَبَنَاتُ الأُخْتِ وَأُمَّهَاتُكُمُ اللاَّتِي أَرْضَعْنَكُمْ وَأَخَوَاتُكُم مِّنَ الرَّضَاعَةِ وَأُمَّهَاتُ نِسَآئِكُمْ وَرَبَائِبُكُمُ اللاَّتِي فِي حُجُورِكُم مِّن نِّسَآئِكُمُ اللاَّتِي دَخَلْتُم بِهِنَّ فَإِن لَّمْ تَكُونُواْ دَخَلْتُم بِهِنَّ فَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَحَلاَئِلُ أَبْنَائِكُمُ الَّذِينَ مِنْ أَصْلاَبِكُمْ وَأَن تَجْمَعُواْ بَيْنَ الأُخْتَيْنِ إَلاَّ مَا قَدْ سَلَفَ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا . وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاء إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ كِتَابَ اللّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ
وَأُحِلَّ لَكُم مَّا وَرَاء ذَلِكُمْ أَن تَبْتَغُواْ بِأَمْوَالِكُم مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً وَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

The explanation:
(Prohibited to you [for marriage] are:

>> your mothers,

>> daughters,

>> sisters;

>> father's sisters,

>> mother's sisters;

>> brother's daughters,

>> sister's daughters;

>> foster-mothers who gave you suck,

>> foster-sisters;

>> mothers of your wives;

>> your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom you have gone in, –– no prohibition if you have not gone in; ––

>> [those who have been] wives of your sons proceeding from your loins;

>> and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time,

except for what is past; for God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Lawful to you in marriage are:
all [women] other than those mentioned, so that you seek them [in marriage] with your wealth [by giving them the dower] in honest wedlock, not fornicating.

And those with whom you seek enjoyment by it [by marrying them], give to them their dowers as an obligation.

And there is no blame on you in what you do by mutual agreement [concerning the dower] after the obligation [has been stated.]

Surely, God is All-Knowing, Most Wise.)

So by misinterpreting this aya and fabricating some traditions this act has been made by some Muslims with their ignorance.

Quran Interpretation
Thanks for the link...I found the part on "Retorting the atheist" particularly funny and entertaining, not withstanding the fact that it is full of lies.

Retorting the Atheist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam