Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 09:04 PM

622 posts, read 1,664,739 times

Advertisements

We rarely go into the Pussers/Ruth's Cris office building just because we rarely go to those two restaurants, but apparently there was a Twisted Martini there as well that closed before we moved here.

Wellllll.. they recently converted? reopened? as a new restaurant this weekend. (We kept seeing all the signs for it when driving by!) It's called Karma. Anyone else try it yet? We went yesterday for their soft opening and it was surprisingly good. I didnt expect a new restaurant to have their stuff together, but the food was awesome and so where the drinks.. Really cool atmosphere too, not something typical to Ponte Vedra, IMO.

Has anyone else been? I figured I'd ask here.. I love finding out about new restaurants, so I thought Id spread the word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 10:10 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,177 times
Sounds cool! What kind of food/atmosphere is it? Definitely sounds worth checking out...thanks for the info!

Old 08-02-2010, 05:57 PM

Well, it was pretty nice. It seems like the kind of place you could get dressed up and go to, or not! There was a good mix of both 'dressy' and then casual when we were there. Like you could make a date night out of it or just go there to chill out and relax and take a break. (Which is great for us since all we do is work!) Very comfortable, loungy setting. Both booths and tables, and these really cool chairs at the bars. Bohemian would be a good word, I think! Nice curtains, neat eclectic stuff on the walls, a mix of neat chandeliers, mirrors, lighting. (and the mojitos were awesome.)

They had a live band while we were there, which was INCREDIBLE. I usually dont care for live music, but it was very classy. Not overbearing, not awful at ALL. It was this awesome live band, and they were playing stuff ranging from Billie Jean to oldies to more modern day music. I cant describe it, but it was amazing, to the point where I even went up to them and thanked them. (I seriously dont like live music, especially cover bands, but these guys were specatacular!)

Does that help? I think we're going to go back tonight. Once we find a place we like, we go there til we're absolutely sick of the place.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:58 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,177 times
That does sound cool. I actually drove by it today...on the way to Pusser's. Wasn't too impressed w/ Pusser's. Atmosphere was nice, but the food was just OK. Really too bad because the menu had a lot of potential, but my fish was just average.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:13 AM

Ive been to Pussers a few times, and it was alright. Their Sunday Brunch is decent, but it's not mouth-watering. Their atmosphere sells them, thats for sure! I like seeing new businesses succeed, so I hope Karma does well!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:07 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,274,777 times
Karma opens in former PV Twisted Martini spot

Karma, a new restaurant in Ponte Vedra Beach, is officially open.

Specializing in "global eats and cool vibes," the restaurant, located at 822 A1A N Suite 105 in the former Twisted Martini location, celebrate its grand opening tonight.

Karma's international offerings include Chicken Vindaloo ($11.95), Carribean Mahi ($16.95) and Parisian Mussel Pot en fritte ($12.95) and closer-to-home favorites Baby Back Ribs ($17.95), Fish Tacos ($9.95) and Grilled Rib Eye ($23.95). Also available on the late-night menu are Sliders ($7.95 for meatloaf, fried chicken or buffalo shrimp), Hickory Burger ($9.95), Veggie Portobello ($8.95) and more. More than a dozen appetizers and desserts also are available late-night.

The restaurant opens at 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and at 11 a.m. on weekends. Food is available until close at midnight Sunday through Tuesday and until 2 a.m. Wednesday through Saturday.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:20 PM

I just read theyre doing happy hour too! 5-7p during the week.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:41 AM

216 posts, read 475,277 times
I don't see Karma making it personally. Unless they can use the huge parking
lot on the other side of the divider and steal all the traffic that Urban Flats stole when MacKenzie's closed. Urban Flats maxes out the parking area in the strip mall for their wine tasting nights and doesn't have the right bar space and band area that Karma has. Urban Flats is set up as a small italian restaurant, with a bar just big enough for guests to wait for their table. The Fire department can close them down on any wine night for guests blocking the doors

Otherwise, if you want to spend 8$ for a mimosa be my guest!

Those office buildings are mostly empty now because of the economy.
The Reef has a good happy hour lately and easy parking, but it's almost to St Augustine.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM

530 posts, read 1,350,919 times
Nice attempt at something different, but the service and food fall short.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:37 PM

grayrunner, did you try it? We honestly don't head down that way to eat very often.. we typically stick to JTB and north (and/or west) so Im not a good 'assess-er' of the area.

don, I'm curious, what did you try and what was your experience like?? Some of their food was spectacular when we went there, but that was right after the opening, and yes, its nice to see something different in the area! (I feel inclined to ask since I started the thread..)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville