Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsterboy View Post
To AliciaMaria: Are you using business or residential service?
Quote:
Somehow I missed this post and directed a question to you in my last post, but I'll say it again here anyway.
Are you guys using Business or Residential service? Business seems like it's better, and for Internet only, seems pretty reasonable.
No worries! We have both, actually.

I've never had to call because of our residential service (in St Johns County, Ponte Vedra) so I can't weigh in on the customer service for the residential side. We pay $130 a month with all the taxes and fees included, for our home service, but we have the super duper internet only package. Fine with me, it's worked great since we moved in a year ago.

As for the business side customer service, we've called a few times for our office internet, (Jacksonville, Beach Blvd and 9A area) and each time I've called, Ive spoken with someone who speaks crystal clear english, no accent, nothing. I dont know if they were local, but they definitely werent in another country. Theyve had a technician out the same day each time we've called. Again, internet only, no phone or email or any of that, because we set all of that up on our own systems, but so far, we're pretty happy with the service and performance.

hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 09:33 AM

38 posts, read 116,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You're kidding, right? I get an average of 6 calls a month from people that have immigrated here from India and the surrounding region (Yes, I keep track of the demographics of my customers). Considering that my business only really works on a local level, I'd say that means we have people from India in Jacksonville.

Whether the person you specifically talked to was here in Jacksonville, I have no idea. However, if you don't believe that Jacksonville has an immigrant population, you really need to get out of your house more.
I was just being a smartass.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:36 AM

38 posts, read 116,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaMaria View Post
No worries! We have both, actually.

I've never had to call because of our residential service (in St Johns County, Ponte Vedra) so I can't weigh in on the customer service for the residential side. We pay $130 a month with all the taxes and fees included, for our home service, but we have the super duper internet only package. Fine with me, it's worked great since we moved in a year ago.

As for the business side customer service, we've called a few times for our office internet, (Jacksonville, Beach Blvd and 9A area) and each time I've called, Ive spoken with someone who speaks crystal clear english, no accent, nothing. I dont know if they were local, but they definitely werent in another country. Theyve had a technician out the same day each time we've called. Again, internet only, no phone or email or any of that, because we set all of that up on our own systems, but so far, we're pretty happy with the service and performance.

hope that helps!
Thank you so much! You've definitely helped me make an informed decision about this.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:52 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
I was just being a smartass.
Sorry, it was a bit late on a long day when I posted that. Guess my sarcasm meter wasn't working correctly.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:34 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,844 times
Quote:
Thank you so much! You've definitely helped me make an informed decision about this.
Awesome! I'm glad I could help!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:14 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,884,639 times
Currently looking into this now as well. Looked into Comcast, they have a $20 a month for 6 month deal but it looks like it's $42 for only 1.5Mbps! That's crazy! I get much more than that for about the same amount with Cablevision here in NJ. I really don't want to spend $60-$100 a month for Internet at home.

Looked at Clear. Looks like a decent deal but don't know how good it is. Do mostly, "regular," browsing--various forums, some streaming video and downloads. Would Clear be fast enough?Will be living off Hodges between Beach and Atlantic.

Just can't seem to find a decent solution there...

Old 01-15-2011, 08:39 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
Currently looking into this now as well. Looked into Comcast, they have a $20 a month for 6 month deal but it looks like it's $42 for only 1.5Mbps! That's crazy! I get much more than that for about the same amount with Cablevision here in NJ. I really don't want to spend $60-$100 a month for Internet at home.

Looked at Clear. Looks like a decent deal but don't know how good it is. Do mostly, "regular," browsing--various forums, some streaming video and downloads. Would Clear be fast enough?Will be living off Hodges between Beach and Atlantic.

Just can't seem to find a decent solution there...
Clear is a newer service, not sure if they are related or connected to ClearWire, I have not heard any negative reviews about them though, most people I know use Comcast or AT&T.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:57 AM

84 posts, read 290,999 times
I've been very happy with our bundled service of Directv, AT&T Internet and AT&T Home phone. On the internet I upgraded to the faster 6mbps and have been getting consistent high speeds. After speaking with our neighbors we are definitely getting a better deal then those that go with Comcast.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:49 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,281,701 times
Heres another thread on alternatives to comcast mySpringfield.org • View topic - Alternatives to comcast between the two I think it covers everything!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:52 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,884,639 times
From past experience with AT&T--and with people in Jacksonville I know who have experience with them--I'm really not considering them. They're a PITA to deal with.

I understand Comcast is the fastest in the area but I can't get over the ridiculous price they charge--and I'm coming down from NJ!

Have to check out that thread comparing others. Thanks for that link!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville