Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 PM

81 posts, read 249,241 times

Advertisements

Love the looks of the Ponte Vedra area but I am confused about the CDD fees. Are the fees really over 1000K a month? Does anyone have specific info on the monthy fees in the area? Are there good subdivisions that don't charge outrageous cdd fees or are all the newer ones similar? I would love to visit for a 2012 move but there's no way I would pay 1000K fees per month . Can someone confirm for sure that those are accurate fees? Are other towns/cities in the area the same? Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 08:08 PM

52 posts, read 199,563 times
I don't think they are monthly; I believe they are yearly...

Old 01-27-2011, 07:34 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,177 times
The Nocatee CDDs are annual fees. We pay into them every month as part of our mortgage and they pay the county every year when they are due. I think it might vary with your house/lot value, but we pay about $1200 a YEAR, in addition to our homeowner's dues (which we pay directly to the HOA) of about $600 a year.

We love Nocatee and the PV area. The CDD deal was new to us, too, but we really enjoy all the amenities and activities here, so it's definitely worth it to us.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:27 AM

84 posts, read 290,827 times
Each subdivision in Nocatee has it's own Homeowner's association fees that are different. The CDD fees are for the development but they also vary by lot size. If you are a homeowner you pay both unless you negotiate with the builder to have the CDD fees paid off. It's very confusing for out of state movers (we were also surprised), but a good realtor will be able to research the communities and let you know exactly what the added HOA and/or CDD fees will be.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:27 PM

Default thanks for responses

Makes more sense now; i had read the fees were per month not per year. Still a bit steep but manageable. The place sure looks lovely; I hope to visit late March. Thanks for helping with the details.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:42 PM

Default a few other questions

What are the approximate taxes and most importantly, when I visit in March will I love the place? What do you love about it? Any dislikes?? I'm a Northerner, looking to move 2012 and am struggling with my final decision between here and South Carolina. Please convince me that Nocatee is the place. Thanks so much for your responses!!!!!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 AM

84 posts, read 290,827 times
I can't speak on South Carolina as I've never been there but as a former New Yorker I can say our family absolutely loves Nocatee and Ponte Vedra, FL. In the Jacksonville area, St. John's county schools are the best you'll find, some of the best in all of Florida. Nocatee amenities are newer and offer more then some of the other communities nearby. Also, since it's newer the amenities aren't crowded which is a plus. The best part is you're only 10 minutes from the beach!

I can't tell you what the taxes will be as that is something hubby deals with. :-) I do know that any of the builders in Nocatee can give you those numbers on the specific house you are interested in. Also, remember that the taxes will look higher because your CDD fees are wrapped into them.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,177 times
You can get an estimate of taxes here:

Estimate my Taxes Page (2010 Final Millage Rates)

Just plug in the sale amount and pick a millage rate. To get an idea, a $300K house in the Tolomato CDD (Nocatee) has taxes of about $4K (with a homestead exemption.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:23 AM

52 posts, read 199,563 times
insurance in Nocatee may be high, though, because it is close to the beach...I would look into that too

Old 01-29-2011, 10:22 AM

Default Hmm; if not Nocatee; where?

Thanks for your insights; any other suggestions regarding nice neighborhoods in the 350 range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville