Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 06:58 AM

34 posts, read 47,462 times

Advertisements

We are moving up to JAX in Nov or Dec, we have 3 lo's in school. They are in 2nd, 5th, and 7th grade. We are looking at Magnetic schools, Charter Schools, Public Schools and child find for our youngest. We can't afford Private School, especially with 4. We are looking for a school that has advanced classes, orchestra, cheerleading, and all that good stuff. The area's we are looking to rent include the Riverside/Avondale areas as we heard it was an area that afforded a lot of walkable access and that is great for us since we only have one car at the moment.

I almost forgot, are there many rental agents in that area? I found one online but her site doesn't list anything on it. Not sure if she is closing it down or she is starting it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 07:28 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,505,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revecca4 View Post
I almost forgot, are there many rental agents in that area? I found one online but her site doesn't list anything on it. Not sure if she is closing it down or she is starting it up.
Many agents don't exclusively show rentals, since there's not a lot of money to be made after the amount of time potentially spent with a renter prospect. Your best bet is to search the web for rentals in the area you want to live, then directly contact each property management company or landlord to schedule showings. Many local management companies list their available rentals on FloridaRentalAds.com, Rentals.com, and Craigslist. You can also find rentals at Realtor.com.

Good luck!!

Old 09-26-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Many agents don't exclusively show rentals, since there's not a lot of money to be made after the amount of time potentially spent with a renter prospect. Your best bet is to search the web for rentals in the area you want to live, then directly contact each property management company or landlord to schedule showings. Many local management companies list their available rentals on FloridaRentalAds.com, Rentals.com, and Craigslist. You can also find rentals at Realtor.com.

Good luck!!

Thanks Eric! We can't buy right now due to our house not selling. The couple right now is renting our house until they get some problems resolved with the bank.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:03 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,282,878 times
Check out Traditions & Heth Realty. Those are the 2 largest rental agencies in the neighborhood.

Riverside & Avondale historic district, along with San Marco and the Springfield historic district are sort of hobbies of mine, so I have a ton of info on them. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I have plenty of maps, photos, info, etc.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
Check out Traditions & Heth Realty. Those are the 2 largest rental agencies in the neighborhood.

Riverside & Avondale historic district, along with San Marco and the Springfield historic district are sort of hobbies of mine, so I have a ton of info on them. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I have plenty of maps, photos, info, etc.

Thank you so much for the info, I'll give them a try. I will jot down all my questions and come back to you. Thanks again!!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 03:33 PM

23 posts, read 50,103 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for the info, I'll give them a try. I will jot down all my questions and come back to you. Thanks again!!!!

Revcca, those neighborhoods are soooo expensive to live in.
If you want a house you will be able to afford year after year, try these realtors:
ERA: 757-3460
Watson Realty: 744-8710
Remax: 260-4550
Prudential Network Realty: 641-0048
Fred Miller Group: 396-4454

Any of those businesses will be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:44 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,282,878 times
San Marco & Avondale are pricey, but Riverside & Springfield certainly are not...

You can find great bang for you buck in these areas, and both have received a heckuva lot of positive press of late.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:53 PM

147 posts, read 286,772 times
As fsu318 stated try Heath reality, for in the Riverside/Avondale area they seem to be the Realtors* with the best rental connections. Riverside is no more expensive to live in, than just about anywhere in Jacksonville that's not waterfront or has nothing but McMansions to choose from. Riverside is also a very walkable area, with a lot of restaurant's, shopping, club's and also a very convenient Publixs grocery.

Springfield I have walked thru but not spent much time in. It also has some club's, restaurant's, and shopping. But I can't recall a major grocery store in the Springfield area.(didn't spend much time there)

Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notSilverman View Post
As fsu318 stated try Heath reality, for in the Riverside/Avondale area they seem to be the Realtors* with the best rental connections. Riverside is no more expensive to live in, than just about anywhere in Jacksonville that's not waterfront or has nothing but McMansions to choose from. Riverside is also a very walkable area, with a lot of restaurant's, shopping, club's and also a very convenient Publixs grocery.

Springfield I have walked thru but not spent much time in. It also has some club's, restaurant's, and shopping. But I can't recall a major grocery store in the Springfield area.(didn't spend much time there)

notSilverman that's what we are looking for, areas that are walkable due to us only having one car. Hopefully, that will change soon. But in the mean time I'd love to stretch my legs and be able to take the children for walks to the park, grocery store, cafes, and etc.

Are the buses and other ways of transportation expensive?

Old 09-28-2011, 07:28 AM

147 posts, read 286,772 times
Quote:
notSilverman that's what we are looking for, areas that are walkable due to us only having one car. Hopefully, that will change soon. But in the mean time I'd love to stretch my legs and be able to take the children for walks to the park, grocery store, cafes, and etc.

Are the buses and other ways of transportation expensive?
You have a car? Wow!!!! I don't. LOL I walk almost everywhere, only because my military disability doesn't lend itself well to driving a vehicle. When I first came to Jacksonville, I stayed with a friend in the Riverside area and fell in love with it. Mainly because of its walkabilty rating. Riverside also seems to have more bus/trolly service than most of Jacksonville, maybe because its a close in town neighborhood. Riverside also has many public parks that are safe and easy to walk to from about anywhere in the core Riverside area. When I looked for rentals in the Riverside area I found everything from 1 BR efficiencies from $400 a month to a 4 BR penthouse condo for $2700 a month and all sorts of places in between, I got a 3 BR 3 Ba for $2500 a month in Atlantic Beach (LOL, being from St Louis I have always wanted to live by the ocean, now I am less than a block from it) Atlantic Beach is great but when I have had my fill of it, I will probably look again in Riverside, as it is the perfect place for someone who likes/has to walk everywhere.

Q. Are the buses and other ways of transportation expensive?
A. Depends on what you consider expensive. $1.00 to ride not real expensive.

Good luck with your impending move and hopefully Welcome to Jacksonville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville