Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 08:51 AM

107 posts, read 231,853 times

Advertisements

So here's a weird question for you...

I have a 1/10 scale electric RC car and I am looking for a park, empty parking lot, etc. where I can run my RC car every now and then... this thing can go up to 60+ ml/hr, but I won't be unleashing all its power... just want an empty area... I am relatively new to JAX and need a place close to Southside/Gate area if possible... There's Brackridge Park near Touchton and Southside, but haven't been there... Looks like a scary park based on the areal photos and some reviews; it's apparently where the Jaguars youth soccer team practices/plays, so it may be closed to the public; COJ website had no helpful info really.

Are there any city ordinances against me playing in an empty parking lot of a business (e.g., office complex, etc.), say, on a Sunday when there's 0 traffic? Being in a wheelchair, I have limited mobility, so I am hoping this RC will give me an excuse to get out of the house especially now that the weather is now so nice...

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 10:46 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,505,643 times
I don't know of any city ordinances that would affect this activity, especially since it's an electric RC car. The office park is likely private property, so it would be their decision to call you out for trespassing. There are several office parks at the Deerwood area, south of JTB and east of Southside. Try there first.

There's also an RC track/club down in Green Cove Springs that races on Fri and Sat evenings. Home Page

Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 PM

104 posts, read 341,268 times
You might take a drive down to Nocatee. There's several closed roads that lead to nowhere around that area although I'm not sure about the legality.

You might also visit UNF on a holiday when there's no class in session. Lot's of big empty parking lots if you're there at the right time.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:29 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,513,826 times
The Nocatee suggestion sounds good, but the UNF one may cause the campus police to get involved.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:01 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,572,374 times
Hobby World on 103rd has two tracks. On road & off road. I have an HPI 1 10 scale I used to run up there on your track. And if other racers are on the same band, you can switch crystals at the register.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:53 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,898,497 times
County and municipal office buildings are closed on Sundays. If the area isn't posted as prohibiting this kind of activity, IMO you should be able to run your car in their parking lot since the property belongs to the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville