Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 02:38 PM

5 posts, read 7,307 times

Advertisements

Please check around the neighborhood and talk to people that have purchased Dennis Homes. They treat their clients like dirt and don't even communicate with them. They forced this 84 year old man into closing or losing his deposit, house was over 14 months overdue and there was not even water or gas turned on in the house. They have very shodey construction supers if you can call them that. I have been around builders in area a long time, but this one is the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 AM

164 posts, read 227,777 times
There is a Dennis homes quick move in near me and I tell everyone that looks at it about their "Service" practices

Old 09-29-2014, 12:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,560 times
I have also purchased from Dennis Homes and found it to be a nightmare. Complete dishonesty, no responsiveness and disrespect from start to finish. Still trying to get them to complete work not done prior to closing. The build that was supposed to take four months took fifteen months and still wasn't complete. I have built homes before and have never seen anything like it. Such consumer dishonesty. I am considering contacting the state attorney's office. The hard-working public should not be treated in this manner. I have worked several jobs to afford my 'dream' house. What a nightmare. Wendy can be charming when you meet her. Once you're hooked - it's a different story. Don't walk away. Run.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:36 PM

5 posts, read 11,601 times
Default Dennis Homes Jax ( Buyers beware! )

Incompetent home builder! A total nightmare! Pls. do your research first, ask any Dennis homeowners about their experience. An embarrassment to St. Johns county!!!!

Old 01-10-2015, 04:38 PM

7 posts, read 13,209 times
Default Beware of Dennis Homes

After owning and building beautiful homes. This has been a nightmare. Met Scott Dennis in the beginning. Seemed very nice and wanting to build our retirement home. We met Joy in May, told they were a custom builder. Long story short, we did not get to build our custom home. Met Scott in July and was told we would be in home by end of November and Christmas for sure. Did not close on home until the end of March 2014. We were given their word that all knock out items would be replaced/repaired. Long story short, it is now January 2015 and nothing has been repaired/replaced. They have used very incompetent workers, cheap material and they are all liars.
Our home has internal and external warped doors, baseboards are crooked and warped, walls are uneven, flooring is not what we were promised. We paid for upgrade cabinets and got the lowest grade, outlets are not connected, framing is not connected to drywall, outside stucco is falling off in chunks. Window shades are so cheap, not hung properly and no one will repair. Kitchen cabinets coming loose from wall. One side of house is so hot, humidity is at an all time high in here.
I could go on and on. Would love to show anyone who would like to see.
PLEASE...run from this builder. They are a disgrace to Saint John's County. They have deleted and blocked all my comments from their websites.
This has been the biggest and most expensive mistake of our marriage in over 30 years. We are heartbroken and so unhappy. WE HATE THIS HOUSE.................

Old 01-10-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieTucker View Post
I have also purchased from Dennis Homes and found it to be a nightmare. Complete dishonesty, no responsiveness and disrespect from start to finish. Still trying to get them to complete work not done prior to closing. The build that was supposed to take four months took fifteen months and still wasn't complete. I have built homes before and have never seen anything like it. Such consumer dishonesty. I am considering contacting the state attorney's office. The hard-working public should not be treated in this manner. I have worked several jobs to afford my 'dream' house. What a nightmare. Wendy can be charming when you meet her. Once you're hooked - it's a different story. Don't walk away. Run.

We made the biggest mistake of our lives building with this pathetic builder. He will not even respond to us. He is a coward.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:12 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
I'm not calling this thread totally bogus, but it sure seems fishy that just about every single poster here has newly created accounts with fewer than 10 posts total. Always a red flag.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I'm not calling this thread totally bogus, but it sure seems fishy that just about every single poster here has newly created accounts with fewer than 10 posts total. Always a red flag.

You can gladly contact me and I would be so happy to show you our house. There is not one thing bogus about it. If you are considering building with Dennis Homes you better run not walk.....newly created yes...we just closed last year. I did not know this blog existed until our attorney told us about many options.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:59 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare2014 View Post
You can gladly contact me and I would be so happy to show you our house. There is not one thing bogus about it. If you are considering building with Dennis Homes you better run not walk.....newly created yes...we just closed last year. I did not know this blog existed until our attorney told us about many options.
How much does this attorney charge? The one who refers his clients to a "blog?"

Old 01-12-2015, 07:31 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
My theory is it's the same person. The style of writing, the theme, the story, so similar every time. Just someone who REALLY hates Dennis Homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville