Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,911 times

Advertisements

UVERSE availability is not by zipcode but by address. Here is the link to check and see if your address has it available. [url=http://www.att.com/u-verse/availability/index.jsp?wtSlotClick=1-007JHO!900430-2-1&_requestid=2923551#fbid=rji3NB48bKT]Check AT&T U-verse Availability - U-verse TV, Internet & Voice Coverage[/url] It is a great product and have experienced it and it's features growth over the last 7 yrs. Sorry to say that it is not available at my current address, we wait patiently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 04:14 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Try this simple link ...
Check AT&T U-verse Availability - U-verse TV, Internet & Voice Coverage

Old 06-03-2012, 09:32 PM

109 posts, read 306,693 times
My brother lives in Atlantic beach gets U-verse and it works really well. I would certainly consider switching. The bundled pricing from Comcast isn't great.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,457 times
Default My internet speed in Jackonville FL outskirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyEvoVIII View Post
Can anybody recommend an ISP that serves Jacksonville that can match what I'm getting now. I don't really care what I have to pay. DSL is not an option. I don't mean to sound picky, but I work on a lot of projects that require at least 25 mb/s down and 5 mb/s up. Any help would be much appreciated. In this day in age is shouldnt be too much to ask. I got way faster than what I currently get for a fraction of the price when I was in S. Korea. Its just so frustrating.

This is what I'm currently getting on a bad night:
here is mine (alittle late but hope it helps)
[URL="http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2812073951"]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2812073951.png[/URL]

Old 07-05-2013, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,412 times
has anyone tried Clear Wire for internet?

Old 07-05-2013, 02:08 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,502,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknjax View Post
has anyone tried Clear Wire for internet?
Yes, we had it in my office when I first moved in here. I convinced the other occupant to switch to Comcast Business Class. We're glad we did.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:17 PM

12 posts, read 19,151 times
Default Jacksonville internet

OMG, found this thread, let's call it a threat instead b/c was worried Comcast is main player in Jacksonville too, and getting ready to relocate there. NO, NO, NOOOOOOO, NOOO, AHHH NOOOOOOOO Has anything changed there? Anyone have any new info? I am relocating from Richmond, my first Comcast experience last year when moved here and has been terrible. Installer came, left, noticed equipment looked dirty later, examined closer and cockroaches were inside and coming out, had newborn in house at same time, furious, called customer service....nobody cared, ghetto support just transferred me to dead end. Went to office to complain and return, ghetto employee took my equipment, was expecting apology, report to file, compensated in some way, at least a sorry. NOPE. All I got was "it happens while she put on latex gloves". Another equipment in exchange and all receipts turned in, thought it would be fine. NOPE. Signal sucked for $40 month, it sucked compared to what had in Ohio for same price through Armstrong who was awesome for the most part. Anyway, tech came out, met him at door, he had bag of tools and dirty boots. I say hello, no response, ok, your here for the cable internet service, thanks, can you put something on your feet your boots are dirty. No response, he looked at me and dropped his bag on the ground from straight upright position and gave me mean look. On the verge of flipping out by now, rely on internet for my tech business, just stay patient. Guy was complete a*hole, mr. tough guy. Things were ok, until moved local again and constant customer service, 90% of the time was GHETTO, and talk about reverse racism here (by actions) and trying to charge me for tech, other items, and all kinds of stuff, (why is it so hard for people to talk about how bad reverse racism is getting in this country anyway? and its' BAD here in Richmond. Anyway, STILL problems, no options, they are the player, CEO mega millionaire, company sucks and moving to Jacksonville, sounds like going to have to live with this unless someone can HELP ME WITH MY PLEAD. BTW if your running speed test you can't use 3rd party site, your running through their server, use Comcast speed test, but it is a lie and signals fluctuate they put a gain on that through amplitude and return that pack out of sorted packets to give you results. I tried to get a BOOST one time for $10 month, complete waste, nothing changed, upgraded my service was about $60 a month and speed was really what I should have got for $40. LET'S BAND TOGETHER AND BUILD A BETTER INTENET COMPANY ON straight IPv6 and no lie giving out IPv4, from dino years. Ok, that is my rant.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:26 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,488,316 times
I'm pretty happy with Comcast here in PVB. Of course - it's running on a fiberoptic network (one of the first in the country - built in 1995 by the old Mediaone). Suspect we have had upgrades since then. Robyn

Old 03-24-2014, 04:14 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times

Old 03-25-2014, 11:13 AM

6 posts, read 6,968 times
I have DSL and only get 5 MBPS down. You guys have blazing speeds!

U Verse was available but only went up to the garage, would need to run new line through house as the old lines were wired funny. Point being, whatever you decide, check the pipes within the dwelling (cable or phone) as they could be a bit squirelly in some of the older places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville