Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 08:29 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,511,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
I guess it was vibrant?
Not really! But it was interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 01:35 PM

278 posts, read 665,041 times
I guess I should also say, if you have a good time at the Landing, then of course nobody is going to dismiss your good time - certainly, people there last night seemed to be enjoying themselves. I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. I love the crowd at Riverside Arts Market, or ArtWalk. The typical Landing crowd of drunks and Lynyrd Skynyrd fans just isn't my thing.

It just kind of reminds me of the Regency Mall. A shopping center once rich with promise that drew people from all around, reduced to a spot utilized by people already in the area looking for cheap lunch (or southern rock cover tunes).

Old 07-14-2012, 06:42 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,508,201 times
I can't judge it, I still have never been

Old 07-14-2012, 07:13 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,511,115 times
I'm not real sure what Vibrant means,(but it sounds effeminate) but it wasn't vibrating!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:57 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,280,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bativac View Post
I guess I should also say, if you have a good time at the Landing, then of course nobody is going to dismiss your good time - certainly, people there last night seemed to be enjoying themselves. I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. I love the crowd at Riverside Arts Market, or ArtWalk. The typical Landing crowd of drunks and Lynyrd Skynyrd fans just isn't my thing.

It just kind of reminds me of the Regency Mall. A shopping center once rich with promise that drew people from all around, reduced to a spot utilized by people already in the area looking for cheap lunch (or southern rock cover tunes).
Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Mavericks is the most popular club in Jacksonville, and caters to a younger crowd.

Fionn MacCools, a paopulr nighlife venue at The Landing, draws a diverse crowd. I'm sure som Lynard Skynard fans included.

Rush Street, the last noteable nightlife venue at The Landing, attracts an adult African American crowd.

None are the Lynard Skynard, southern rock demographic you speak of.

Perhaps if you only went to the regularly scheduled free outdoor concerts, you'd be around the demographic you speak of.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:15 PM

I think someone got served.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:48 PM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
I think someone got served.

It consists in a lack of concern for the difference between truth and falsity. The motivation of the poster is not to say things that are true or even to say things that are false, but in serving some other purpose. And the question of what he says is true or false is really irrelevant to his pursuit of that ambition. The poster is not necessarily a liar, what he says may very well be true; and he may not think that it's false. I am careful to try to make a distinction between; make clear the differences as I understand it between fact and fiction.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:46 PM

cocaine's a hell of a drug

Old 07-16-2012, 07:57 PM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
cocaine's a hell of a drug
Shouldn't that be in the "where is the crack in Jacksonville post"?

Old 07-17-2012, 11:10 PM

278 posts, read 665,041 times
How are you gonna post photos from a well-known redneck club to dispute my comment about the Landing catering to the Skynyrd crowd? You just proved my point.

I think the fact is your lack of experience with any kind of actual big city vibrant scene causes you to see something like the Landing and think "This is awesome!" whereas those of us who were born and bred here but left and experienced greater things can look at the Landing and say "oh yeah. I guess it caters to that crowd."

This isn't just me or a select few other posters. Trip Advisor, for example, shows more than half of travelers find the Landing to be average to poor, and the reviews that ranked it "excellent" say things like "nice view of the river" and "seems a little tired, with a dwindling number of stores" (that one is from this past May).

It's great that you love the Landing. But continuously trumpeting it as The Place To Be only does the Landing a disservice, as well as the rest of Downtown that would benefit from a Landing that regularly drew large numbers of people from all over town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville