Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 01:00 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times

Advertisements

2-2 in London not bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 09:35 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,369,560 times
The Colts are nearly as bad as the Jags, I wouldn't read too much into this win.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:30 AM

294 posts, read 340,851 times
Not sure why I am just seeing this but it looks like Bortles throwing motion is exactly like what everyone got on Tebow about. Arm down to his side instead of to his ear, big loopy wind up, taking long to release. And besides a few plays it didn't look like the receivers were open at all so he ran/scrambled a lot.

Disclaimer- I am a Bengals fan but root root root for the home team.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:19 AM

You are spot-on with your analysis of his throwing motion, it's a baseball throw. He sort of makes up for it with his velocity, but in the long run that is just no good and I'm bewildered why in year #3 this hasn't been better addressed with him.

Time for Gus and that whole staff to go. Let's hit the re-set button with a new coaching staff.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:21 AM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Pretty torn about the game............you always want the Jags to win but, in winning I feel they are just delaying the inevitable in changing up the coaching staff.

Again, glad they won but really believe if they had lost there would have been substantial changes to the coaching staff during the bye week.

As fans you hope for the best and try to believe this could be another turn around towards a successful season.

In regards to Bortles......definitely something going on there and it has been widely noticed. You would think the coaching staff would be addressing this.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:05 AM

I was a little torn too, it was nice to see them finally win but I still have very little faith in Gus or his staff that they are going to turn this around. I mean, the Jags were slaughtered by a very mediocre Chargers team, that just should not happen with the talent on this team. At this point I'm sort of neutral to everything.....a win is a win, yeah, we won. A loss means we're one step closer to Gus's removal, which I think will benefit the Jags franchise going forward immensely.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
The Colts are nearly as bad as the Jags, I wouldn't read too much into this win.
hey im curious. What is the temperature down there in Jacksonville?? I have not seen much media hate aka "Jacksonville should not be in the NFL" and "Jags are moving to LA, London, Mexico" type of articles. Im hearing there is riff down there in Jax between the players and the fans. Are Jaguar players now taking shots at the fans in local media? Whats the overall feel down there? Who are the fans blaming? Is it Khan. Coach Bradley, the defense, Bortles? Whats happening?

Old 11-06-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
As fans you hope for the best and try to believe this could be another turn around towards a successful season..
Ive been a Jags fan since 1993. The last good season they had was with David Garrard and Jack Del Rio when the Patriots went 18-1. There has not been much Jacksonville Jaguars excitement since then. This team is always losing. Just to smell one playoff game would be a good feeling.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:02 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,166,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
hey im curious. What is the temperature down there in Jacksonville?? I have not seen much media hate aka "Jacksonville should not be in the NFL" and "Jags are moving to LA, London, Mexico" type of articles. Im hearing there is riff down there in Jax between the players and the fans. Are Jaguar players now taking shots at the fans in local media? Whats the overall feel down there? Who are the fans blaming? Is it Khan. Coach Bradley, the defense, Bortles? Whats happening?
Rightfully the relo talk has subsided, particularly after the Rams move to LA was announced. However the team is a dumpster fire and hard-core loyal fans (like myself) are left to wonder whether the improvement we saw last year was a total illusion and the team is still as awful as it has always been, despite 7 years (and 4 with the current administration) of rebuilding. And yes, there has been some discord with the players and fans. More concerning, there has been some potential discord among the team and coaches. We'll see how it plays out but no it is not good. After yesterday's loss, albeit a far better showing than the past weeks, it seems very likely that the coaching staff is fired at the end of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Ive been a Jags fan since 1993. The last good season they had was with David Garrard and Jack Del Rio when the Patriots went 18-1. There has not been much Jacksonville Jaguars excitement since then. This team is always losing. Just to smell one playoff game would be a good feeling.
Yeah. That was 2007. What sucks is that the outlook had the Jags as one of the dark horses for the super bowl the following year. At the time we looked to be nearly as good as the undefeated Pats. Just one good receiver away from matching them, a good pass rusher away from beating them. The following offseason we hit both positions hard and people were actually talking Super Bowl. How ridiculous it all was in retrospect.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Rightfully the relo talk has subsided, particularly after the Rams move to LA was announced. However the team is a dumpster fire and hard-core loyal fans (like myself) are left to wonder whether the improvement we saw last year was a total illusion and the team is still as awful as it has always been, despite 7 years (and 4 with the current administration) of rebuilding. And yes, there has been some discord with the players and fans. More concerning, there has been some potential discord among the team and coaches. We'll see how it plays out but no it is not good. After yesterday's loss, albeit a far better showing than the past weeks, it seems very likely that the coaching staff is fired at the end of the season.

Yeah. That was 2007. What sucks is that the outlook had the Jags as one of the dark horses for the super bowl the following year. At the time we looked to be nearly as good as the undefeated Pats. Just one good receiver away from matching them, a good pass rusher away from beating them. The following offseason we hit both positions hard and people were actually talking Super Bowl. How ridiculous it all was in retrospect.
Thanks man. I need to try to find some Jacksonville sports internet radio stations. It just most of the good stuff happens during drive time hours. I can only rely on twitter and FTU for news as far as Jax sports news goes. Thats for the updates. Who exactly on the team is having issues with the Fans? What is being said about the fans from Jaguar players?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville