Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 11:51 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,151,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Thanks man. I need to try to find some Jacksonville sports internet radio stations. It just most of the good stuff happens during drive time hours. I can only rely on twitter and FTU for news as far as Jax sports news goes. Thats for the updates. Who exactly on the team is having issues with the Fans? What is being said about the fans from Jaguar players?
1010XL on tune in radio. My favorite is "Jaguars Today" with Mike Dempsey & Fat Tony from 10am to noon.

As for who's having issues with fans? Here are various tweets as well as comments made on 1010XL radio interviews:

Telvin Smith: "if you're not with us, you're against us"

Allen Robinson: "It's funny that we get our best home-field advantage when we go to Wembley"

Malik Jackson: "I kind of saw there was more Oakland fans last home game and that was very disappointing. It sounded like there were more people in the pools than cheering for the game."

Rashad Greene (tweet was later deleted): "Keep the negative comments to yourself please, if you can't do what we do then just stay silent."

Tony Khan (son of Shad Khan) also wrote an essay basically telling fans to please stop booing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 01:10 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Thanks for posting that, Ivan....I've heard a lot of grumbling from the players as well. What a crock of horse doo doo. Next to Cleveland, the Jags are the very worst team in the NFL and put a very, very bad product on the field. While there will always be diehard fans who go to the games for the experience, no football purist could ever enjoy the brand of football being played by the Jaguars now. It's really, really awful and for players to expect us as fans to get behind that is laughable. Put a good product on the field as you did years ago and you'll get a ton of support. Play terribly, commit penalties and look basically disinterested you'll get half full stadiums full of other team's fans.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:55 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Was in downtown Atlanta last night! What a wild party. Its always interesting to see cities party and celebrate in the streets on TV when they go to the NBA Finals, World Series or SuperBowl. To actually be in the mist of one of those celebrations is a crazy feeling. Its like the this brief moment where no one cares and they dont hold back excitement. Its like a pent up explosion of emotions. I would love for the folks in Jacksonville to experience this. I dont know if the Falcons will win the Superbowl, but the folks here are super happy.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:25 PM

5,210 posts, read 6,142,795 times
When Jacksonville got the news they were one of the cities awarded an NFL team the excitement was wild, I mean that first year was incredible...............hopefully someday soon we can feel what is like to send our Jags to the big game.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:24 AM

I hope this coach can maximize the talent of all these draft picks. TC is back in town. I am glad he is not the coach though.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:37 AM

17 posts, read 22,863 times
As a native of Jacksonville now living in Scotland, it's a lot easier for me to see the Jags in London than it is than flying back home.

Long may it continue...and hopefully the team improves this season coming.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:50 PM

Was at the Pro Bowl yesterday. Very good turn out of NFL fans I think I counted every team except the Bills, Bengals, Cardinals and Rams. I saw jerseys from all the other teams. I'm sure the teams I mentioned had fans there. I just wasn't able to count them on my list lol. Surprisely I didn't see many Jaguars or Dolphins fans out there, maybe about 8 or 9 each. Don't listen to a lot of negative media. Many people left early because their children had to go to school today. Orlando wasn't perfect, but they did ok for their first go round. Orlando or the NFL hurt the tailgate experience but it was great seeing the rainbow of NFL jerseys.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:28 AM

How many games do the Jags have in London? It's seems the London fans are really into them this year. Jags are putting a heavy beat down on the Ravens. I wonder how Khan feels about Trump.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:10 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
How many games do the Jags have in London? It's seems the London fans are really into them this year. Jags are putting a heavy beat down on the Ravens. I wonder how Khan feels about Trump.
an immigrant who came to this country from Pakistan to become one of the wealthiest Americans - American Dream - exactly what America is all about - not sure he'd be happy to support the guy trying to stifle immigration, especially from that region of the world.....I'm thinking he's not a fan.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:57 AM

370 posts, read 325,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
an immigrant who came to this country from Pakistan to become one of the wealthiest Americans - American Dream - exactly what America is all about - not sure he'd be happy to support the guy trying to stifle immigration, especially from that region of the world.....I'm thinking he's not a fan.
Well he did donate a million dollars to his election campaign, so.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville