Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 02:01 PM

3 posts, read 8,852 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Jacksonville for a job a Winn-Dixie I have a 9 year old and a 6 year old. My wife is a nurse and would be looking for work in a hospital. I want my kids to attend a catholic school where would be a good location for finding a 4 bedroom home for 225-250k. And have a short drive to Winn-Dixie and a hospital.

Can anyone help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 02:21 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Hi pannellet
which winn dixie will you be working at?
this way we can recommend a area that will be close to your work and also hospitals
There are tons of hospitals in the area

karla

Old 10-10-2007, 08:28 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,462,852 times
What kind of a 4 bedroom home for $225-$250k?

Are you looking for an older home in an established area, or are you looking for newer construction? Do you want to live near the beach? The river? Downtown?

Provide as many details as you can and you're sure to get some feedback .

Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Details

I will be working at the Winn-Dixie headquaters at 5050 Edgewood Court. I am looking for a newer 4 bedroom home. I think I would like to be near the river or beach. Diffently not downtown

Old 10-10-2007, 12:40 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
pannellet
yes you don't want to live there .
I was just having this same conversation with a friend of mine there are houses on the southside in that range someone we know just bought 2200 sq ft for $275 4 bdrm 2 1/2 bths

you would be 25 to 30 mins to work and 12 to 15 miles from the beach
do you want me to find out some more info on the area he bought for you ?

karla

Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 AM

15 posts, read 47,666 times
Smile Relocation JAX

Congrats on the relo. You can certainly find a great house for that price range. Prices have certainly come down. It's a matter of locating the schools and type of lifestyle you are looking for.

Jacksonville has so much to offer. Traditional neighborhoods, more eclectic artsy areas, planned communities. I have many folks that live around me that work at WD on Edgewood. It depends on your ours of commute what works for you. I live in Fleming Island. Another option is the Oakleaf area. Either way you take Brannon Chafee to 10. It's a way to avoid 17 traffic.

In either place their area variety of neighborhoods to choose from. Jacksonville over all is such a great place to live and raise a family.

In Fleming Island our kids walk and ride bikes to school, crime is low, we have the St Johns River as well as Dr Lake for boating. It only takes 25 minutes to get downtown or 35 minutes to the beach. There are great places to dine, cultural events, professional sports as well as Noles and Gator fans galore.

We live in a planned neighborhood (PUD). The planned communities offer a unique lifestyle we had never seen before moving here. It's like Norman Rockwell or as we joke sometimes Pleasantville.
There are so many great places to choose from that would not put you into a long commute situation. I hope this helps! Below is a google earth pic of Fleming Island. Kim

Attached Thumbnails
Moving to Jacksonville where should I live-googleearth_image.jpg  

Last edited by Kimknapp; 10-11-2007 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: Ad pic of area

Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannellet View Post
I will be working at the Winn-Dixie headquaters at 5050 Edgewood Court. I am looking for a newer 4 bedroom home. I think I would like to be near the river or beach. Diffently not downtown
The houses/neighborhoods by the river - either side of the river - will be older homes. Many of them date to the 1920's, 30's, 40's, 50's etc. The neighborhoods are great, but they are pricey due to their desirability.

Near the beach (not at the beach) you'll find a lot of new/newer development. In your price range, you'd have no problem finding a good-sized house that is probably less than 5 years old and you'd be 15 minutes or less to the beach. If you want to check it out, look at zips 32225, 32224, 32246.

The downside to living near the beach for you will be the commute. It can be done, but living on the west side of the river would certainly be less of a commute for you (Orange Park, Fleming Island, etc.). You'll have to weigh the commute issue and see what works for you.

One last thing to mention - we're talking about 2 different counties here so far - Duval (where your job is located, also where the beach is) and Clay (where Orange Park & Fleming Island is), so you'll probably want to take a look on a map and view the county locations to get a perspective if you're not familiar.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:07 PM

31 posts, read 143,154 times
Try the San Marco area. It's not in downtown but it's just 1-2miles away. It's also near 3 major hospitals Baptist, Shands and St. Vincent's. As for Catholic schools, there's Assumption Catholic School and Bishop Kenny High School which is just beside each other. Immaculate Conception downtown and St. Paul Catholic school in Park St. are also good options. Good luck!

Old 10-16-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agila View Post
Try the San Marco area. It's not in downtown but it's just 1-2miles away. It's also near 3 major hospitals Baptist, Shands and St. Vincent's.
.........Memorial too .

Old 10-17-2007, 11:34 AM

Thank you Agila that was the most direct and by far the most helpful answer so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville