Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:48 AM

1 posts, read 27,845 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I moved here around 6 months ago. Is there anywhere romantic in town? I wish he would take me somewhere for dinner where you have to be dressed up and maybe there could be a jazz band (or any kind of romantic music) playing live music to slow dance to?

Help, I need something like this.

Or if not in Jacksonville, within a 3-5 hour drive. Maybe we could stay the night in another town. Or what about dinner cruises?

What do other couples do for some formal romantic evenings? Tell me about somewhere special you've taken your partner/spouse for anniversaries, for example?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 26,789 times
You can check out these 3 places. Tree Steak House, Copeland, and the last one is a few doors down form Twisted Martini's (Italian) we enjoyed all 3 of them.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:55 PM

150 posts, read 576,911 times
Hmm I don't know any formal date night places. You could enjoy the nice NEFL scenery and do a moonlight picnic on the beach somewhere...

Old 06-16-2009, 09:52 PM

283 posts, read 759,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainey_g View Post
My boyfriend and I moved here around 6 months ago. Is there anywhere romantic in town? I wish he would take me somewhere for dinner where you have to be dressed up and maybe there could be a jazz band (or any kind of romantic music) playing live music to slow dance to?

Help, I need something like this.

Or if not in Jacksonville, within a 3-5 hour drive. Maybe we could stay the night in another town. Or what about dinner cruises?

What do other couples do for some formal romantic evenings? Tell me about somewhere special you've taken your partner/spouse for anniversaries, for example?
Just moved to Jax ourselves and have been to lots of places, I like J. Alexander's at St Johns town center, it has a nice atmosphere and you can get dressed up - everyone was. I was actually impressed seeing as Jax is mostly a casual sort of place.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:54 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,275,366 times
J Alexanders is NOT a formal place at all. You wouldn't look out of place wearing flip flops, shorts, and t-shirt in there. It's also pretty jammed packed. Here are some better options:

1) Casa Marina at Jax Beach. It's a historic botique hotel on the ocean which serves brunch, lunch, and dinner. They have a roof top wine bar as well. Very nice. They usually have room in the hotel part too.

2) Chart House on the southbank, downtown. That's a great formal restuarant that feels like a formal restuarant. It is pretty pricey, but it has great views and service.

3) Savannah, GA & St. Augustine, FL both have an abundance of romantic date type bed & breakfasts and restaurants....if you want to go out of town.

4) There are tons of other nice, romantic places......The Row in Riverside, Sterlings in Avondale (they have live music on some evenings), etc, etc.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 PM

200 posts, read 618,944 times
I think the above are good choices, but I'm with you..I've been here for 6 years and I am a bit disappointed but I think the TownCenter and Beaches are going to be better bets for you.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:38 PM

238 posts, read 887,486 times
My husband and I had a really nice romantic dinner recently at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion - out at Jacksonville Beach. It's not exactly a quiet place, but the ambience was great and we loved it!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:54 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times
I think JJ's Bistro would make for a romatic dinner, but they don't have dancing.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:22 PM

72 posts, read 464,501 times
Matthew's is really, really nice. The food is the best I have had in Jacksonville. My husband took me recently for our 5th wedding anniversary. The booths in the back would be very cozy. They may have music, I'm not sure. I would call & ask.

The Row B&B & restaurant in Riverside is really romantic, too. Again, not too sure if they ever have music.

You will spend $100+ on dinner for 2 at these places.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:35 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,731,857 times
I just ate here, yesterday. I would have never found it or knew it existed, unless someone told me about it:

Hilltop Restaurant - Orange Park - weddings - events - fine dining
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville