Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 08:05 PM

28 posts, read 25,169 times

Advertisements

I used to work at a small print shop until recently. The shop is downtown. PM me if you would like my input.
Carolyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 08:39 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,982,275 times
Happy New Year to you, too, samross!

When you make one of your weekend visits to Jax, you'll see for yourself what we've been trying to describe. Jacksonville is just so big land-wise, and although it has a distinct downtown core, the rest of Jax is broken down into "neighborhoods" such as Southside, Springfield, Ortega, Mandarin, Riverside and Avondale, San Marco, the Beaches -- well, if you go to wikipedia you'll see what I mean Neighborhoods of Jacksonville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Each neighborhood has its own flavor and large or small pockets of businesses of all kinds (some with large office parks, some with large retail centers), and each is served by different main (and busy) roadways. For example, Phillips Hwy (what one part of Rt 1 is named, the part going through Southside) runs through a number of different neighborhoods (starting with San Marco, and going through Southpoint, Deerwood, etc.). Running parallel, and perhaps should be looked at, are Southside Blvd (Hwy 115) or San Jose (Hwy 13), or east-west roads like Baymeadows (Hwy 152), University (Hwy 109), or the area around Belfort, Gate Pkwy, Southpoint Pkwy.

As a FYI, rarely are roadways described by their highway number, and that's because Rt. 1 as example runs for so many, many miles through Jax that it's Main Street in the north, and since a portion of Main is one-way in downtown, Ocean (which is one-way the other way) is also Rt. 1, then it changes briefly to other street names in Southbank before it becomes Phillips Hwy, and then a bit after I-295 it becomes Dixie Hwy until St. Augustine when it becomes something else. Confused? :-) That's why most of us don't know where Hwy 5 is.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:54 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,153,660 times
not sure how much space you need, but there could be something suitable in San Marco or Riverside. Both have easy access to the interstate and a plethora of local shops in the vicinity. I know a print shop used to be in the building that is now Dahlia's Pourhouse in the King Street District of Riverside.

Beach Blvd and Atlantic Blvd west of Southside Blvd is a part of suburban Jax that is exploding with growth all the way out towards the beaches. Lots of vehicle traffic and plenty of new and old strip malls to choose from.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 AM

hmmm that's odd I posted yesterday or the day before a reply to this.... it is not showing
basically it was:
I until recently worked for a print shop downtown. He seemed to be not struggling but certainly not doing great.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
not sure how much space you need, but there could be something suitable in San Marco or Riverside. Both have easy access to the interstate and a plethora of local shops in the vicinity. I know a print shop used to be in the building that is now Dahlia's Pourhouse in the King Street District of Riverside.

Beach Blvd and Atlantic Blvd west of Southside Blvd is a part of suburban Jax that is exploding with growth all the way out towards the beaches. Lots of vehicle traffic and plenty of new and old strip malls to choose from.
I was going to suggest Beach or Atlantic Blvd, Southside area as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville