Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 06:16 PM

73 posts, read 80,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
BTW, what is your budget?
I think we’d go for $650-$900k. 4 bed 3 ba if we can get it. Over 2700 plus a pool too much to ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 09:32 PM

6,417 posts, read 4,911,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoasterly View Post
I think we’d go for $650-$900k. 4 bed 3 ba if we can get it. Over 2700 plus a pool too much to ask?
Sounds about right, you shouldn't have a problem finding something in that range. Most likely here in TPC would be my first choice. March Landing is a possibility but the price are higher there. Sawgrass CC is even more expensive and inventory is usually limited. There are other communities but IMHO TPC is the best (I am biased)

Old 06-20-2021, 06:30 AM

455 posts, read 670,265 times
Quote:
Sounds about right, you shouldn't have a problem finding something in that range. Most likely here in TPC would be my first choice. March Landing is a possibility but the price are higher there. Sawgrass CC is even more expensive and inventory is usually limited. There are other communities but IMHO TPC is the best (I am biased)
We have family living in TPC Sawgrass and I would agree. Very nice area and the homes are appreciating rapidly. We were just there last week. At one point we were considering moving there but have decided to stay put.
Not much inventory lately so if you see something you like I would jump in. It’s s a great neighborhood.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Thank you. So TPC seems to be many different things (a golf course? a resort?) in addition to a neighborhood but I’m sure I’ll figure it all out in time.

Is this a neighborhood where we could get a golf cart or EV to drive around within the community

Old 06-21-2021, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
We have family living in TPC Sawgrass and I would agree. Very nice area and the homes are appreciating rapidly. We were just there last week. At one point we were considering moving there but have decided to stay put.
Not much inventory lately so if you see something you like I would jump in. It’s s a great neighborhood.
Thank you. One of the reasons we are moving is we like the new regional road trips we can explore and we love Charleston. We plan to drive up for weekend trips. That’s your location right?

Old 06-21-2021, 05:23 AM

455 posts, read 670,265 times
Quote:
Thank you. One of the reasons we are moving is we like the new regional road trips we can explore and we love Charleston. We plan to drive up for weekend trips. That’s your location right?
Yes we are in Mount Pleasant right over the bridge from Charleston and 4 miles to the beach at Isle of Palms.
A very sweet spot and an easy trip to the Jax area for a little change of scenery and some latte art for my husband at Bold Bean in Jax Beach!
Weekend trips to Charleston are very do-able from PVB.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Thank you. So TPC seems to be many different things (a golf course? a resort?) in addition to a neighborhood but I’m sure I’ll figure it all out in time.

Is this a neighborhood where we could get a golf cart or EV to drive around within the community
Yes there are lots of golf carts around. There are 3 golf courses, 2 owned by the PGA with a spectacular new 77,000 sq ft Clubhouse and the privately owned Yards which has a recently renovated 15 hole course with a new "State of the Art" Tennis Center with 10 Har Tru courts, Pickleball on the way and an awesome restaurant. The resort is most likely the Marriott which has a beach club for guests and a large meeting center. There is also the Sawgrass Village which was totally renovated (completely torn down and rebuilt in 2015) with a hotel, numerous restaurants and boutique stores as well as the ubiquitous Publix. There are also amenities like a community pool and some parks.

Old 06-21-2021, 08:55 AM

History of Sawgrass TPC Community:

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/n...ass-was-built/

https://www.city-data.com/forum/jack...a-florida.html

Old 06-21-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
Yes we are in Mount Pleasant right over the bridge from Charleston and 4 miles to the beach at Isle of Palms.
A very sweet spot and an easy trip to the Jax area for a little change of scenery and some latte art for my husband at Bold Bean in Jax Beach!
Weekend trips to Charleston are very do-able from PVB.
We always stop at Bold Bean in Jax Beach

Old 06-21-2021, 12:35 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
It would be coming down here from up north (I'm from northern NJ so I know), but having lived here for 6 years and knowing what I know about Odoms Mill, that house has no business being up for $825k but God bless if they get it.
Aaaaand that $825k house is gone in 2-3 days lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville