Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 07:32 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyperTyper View Post

Being a chicken, or worse yet becoming an ostrich spells total weakness it seems to me

Silence can be congruent to tacit agreement.
Complete hogwash, all around. Silence when some Trumpster is going on and on about LOCK HER UP! Or "STOP THE STEAL" tells me they want nothing to do with a blowhard who has the intelligence of a horse. So rather than engage with someone who has little to offer, they choose to stay silent and let those dolts dig their own grave.

Can't believe how much those people share on social media. They look like total fools sharing all that they do.

You have a skewed view of reality, my friend. Merry Xmas to you.

Last edited by Florida2014; 11-29-2021 at 08:08 AM..

Old 11-29-2021, 10:59 AM

Back to OP's original question.....yes, no matter what political leanings you have - right/left or somewhere in the middle, you'll be just fine here. While the county is currently predominantly center/red, there are ample liberals in our area too. If you are just a good, decent, friendly person/neighbor it won't matter which way you vote no matter what a few vocal people on this particular message board say.

To save your sanity, do NOT join NextDoor under any circumstances, lol. It's a cesspool of hate.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:41 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,151,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
To save your sanity, do NOT join NextDoor under any circumstances, lol. It's a cesspool of hate.
I think it's ok to join ND and shake your head as you read along but NEVER EVER engage the trolls lol, that's my #1 rule. It does help to identify the crazies in your neighborhood so it's helpful in that sense lol.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
I think it's ok to join ND and shake your head as you read along but NEVER EVER engage the trolls lol, that's my #1 rule. It does help to identify the crazies in your neighborhood so it's helpful in that sense lol.
I guess. But yeah, I made the mistake of engaging a few of the worst offenders and it's just crazy town there. You'll see most people who first join will be active, then slowly drop off through the months as they quickly realize what a black hole of negativity it can be. Yes, there are certain positive aspects of it but the cons are starting to heavily outweigh the pros, imho. I have to be in the right frame of mind any more to peruse through the site.

EDIT: let's please not go down that road here. I'll do my best to play nice, I promise.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:08 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,247,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthefencestjohns View Post
Hello - I’m a liberal attracted to the St Johns area as a possible destination for my family with small kids, coming from MN. Despite reading many posts I’m still trying to get a feel for the attitude in St Johns county. I understand it’s a conservative area. I’d like to understand if people are generally good to each other and keep judgement to themselves. There’s a world of difference between conservatives and Trumpiism. The former is fine, the latter isn’t. Is Trumpism a strong undercurrent of society in St Johns? I genuinely appreciate your help.
Trumpism, however you define or spell it, is a fad that will eventually fade away and disappear altogether. It would probably be gone already if not for a liberal media that keeps it alive and well for the benefit of maintaining viewership and rankings. Of course the current President and his administration exercise their option to blame the former President for every blunder they themselves have made thus far, which also helps keep it intact and breathing. You yourself helped keep it alive just by your original post. Just sayin....

How many people reading this on here where even thinking about Trump when they logged in to City Data, until they read this post?

Conservatism however, is the very foundation that has led to Florida having one of the best economies in the nation and us enjoying a very high quality of life in Florida. It's also what has led to DeSantis (and almost every other conservative governor) having a much higher approval rating than President Biden currently has. Special background....In our last governors election.....it was very, very close, and a Democratic candidate who turned out to be cheating on his wife, in a hotel room with a male prostitute, was found overdosed on drugs. Like, it was an extremely close election, and many feel they dodged a bullet that this "Hero of the Left" lost by a very small margin. They also fear the liberal elements moving into our State and tipping the scale to where a lack of character judgment could have easily led to this loser winning that election.

I say Come on down, experience what conservatism does for a population and our State specifically, and ask that you think carefully when you vote about whether you really want to upset the apple cart or not. I lived in MN, and no way would I ever want Florida to become anything like it.

Old 11-29-2021, 07:14 PM

28 posts, read 28,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Probably because the question is so far off the reservation. California is not a "cesspool of dysfunction" nor Minneapolis a "crime-ridden wasteland". Little wonder after reading some of the garbage spewed by the alt-right types here how this state has achieved the label of Floriduh.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You live in an alternate reality! Ladies and gents, perfect example in real life how the left lives in a world of denial. Here is the car jacking map of Minneapolis. A city that is losing population because of the most massive crime wave in the cities history.

https://krocnews.com/a-minnesota-man...n-minneapolis/

On a side note, why is EVERY city ran by the left a wasteland of poverty, run down schools, unemployment, homeless people, abandoned buildings, corruption and waste? You are delusional.

Old 11-29-2021, 07:15 PM

28 posts, read 28,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Probably because the question is so far off the reservation. California is not a "cesspool of dysfunction" nor Minneapolis a "crime-ridden wasteland". Little wonder after reading some of the garbage spewed by the alt-right types here how this state has achieved the label of Floriduh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
And this, ladies and gentleman, is why we're in such a hate-filled society nowadays. This pretty much backs up my last post to a "T".

Just can't help yourselves, huh.
Nothing I said is not true. That's the part that hurts you the most.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:05 AM

122 posts, read 261,205 times
Unlike some folks here that rely on hearsay and Right wing news, we have actually lived in 2 Democratic states and 2 Republican states. Each have their own so called "bad" points and parts, but unlike what some here imply. But NEVER (Repeat NEVER) in an area where we have lived.

What we did notice is that services were a lot more available to all as opposed to the select few. Yes, they do Tax a little higher but taxpayers do get some of what they pay for. America has actually been the same for us whether we lived in a Republican or Democratic state. I have to say the state we miss the most is Southern California, but I would hate to be poor and live there. We were fortunate enough to choose where we lived and who we associated with.

However, there are some states that we would NEVER consider as a place to live. Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, SC, Mississippi because they did not appeal to us, a couple of them are very poor, and any state in the frozen north because of climate. And yes, we have been to and stayed for long periods in all of those I mentioned.

We chose St. Johns County as believe it or not it reminded us of Southern California. We live the same life we did there, no better no worse, there are a lot less people and traffic here though. I do not envy the poor or lower middle class here in NE Florida or in California. Life is what ONE makes it, not what others try to steer one towards, that works the same in Republican or Democratic regions. I would like to see Republican states helping the Middle Class and poorer folks more, but that is not in their mantra. They are only interested in helping the Upper middle and higher and getting re-elected. Honestly none of it affects us.

Again, SJC is a great choice for anyone coming from any state. Excellent Health Care, fairly affluent population, close to all amenities and GREAT beaches.

Last edited by socalbee; 11-30-2021 at 07:24 AM..

Old 11-30-2021, 07:18 AM

447 posts, read 488,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbee View Post
Unlike some folks here that rely on hearsay and Right wing news, we have actually lived in 2 Democratic states and 2 Republican states. Each have their own so called "bad" points and parts, but unlike what some here imply. But NEVER (Repeat NEVER) in an area that we lived.

What we did notice is that services were a lot more available to all as opposed to the select few. Yes they do Tax a little higher but taxpayers do get some of what they pay for. America has actually been the same for us whether we lived in a Republican or Democratic state. I have to say the state we miss the most is California, but I would hate to be poor and live there. We were fortunate enough to choose where we lived and who we associated with.

However, there are some states that we would NEVER consider as a place to live. Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, SC, Mississippi because they seemed very poor to us, and any state in the frozen north because of climate. And yes, we have been to and stayed for long periods in all of those I mentioned.
I'm not going into a political debate, but what would be your definition of poor? I can't say in regards to other states but TX is poor? I would have to disagree. 4 big cities with it's own economy. People migrating to TX, mostly for work. You can not compare TX with Louisiana , Alabama, SC or Mississippi.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:31 AM

122 posts, read 261,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunak View Post
I'm not going into a political debate, but what would be your definition of poor? I can't say in regards to other states but TX is poor? I would have to disagree. 4 big cities with it's own economy. People migrating to TX, mostly for work. You can not compare TX with Louisiana , Alabama, SC or Mississippi.
I did actually go back and change that after you quoted me but before I read your post. I agree that there are a lot of Rich areas in Texas, I primarily worked and lived in the oil patch so my observations were based on places like Lake Charles and Port Arthur. What I also noticed is that the difference between Rich and Poor is quite dramatic. We would still never want to live there though for a lot more reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville