Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,410 times

Advertisements

I think that now would be a great time to get into this development. You can use all of those negative to barter a lower price. It is right at the port. I would think that would count for something in the near future?

*Someone please correct me if my advice would harm the OP... thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 10:00 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRNHILL View Post
Thanks so much ShakenStirred! I'm basically looking for a townhome in a preferably gated community(unless the neighborhood is nice) 2b/2b, 1 car garage, ammenities etc. , no more than a half hour from the airport. I was also interested in Biscayne Bay townhomes. I am 29, single, with no dependants(lol) so I cant afford much, no more than $150,000.
There's also Wolf Creek on Beach Blvd not far from the 9A ramp (30 mins or less to airport). I've seen some listings for $170k, but they might have units for less, you'd have to see.

Shaken makes a compelling case for not buying in Kendall, but if you drove through there right now, what is built looks nice. Even if the remainder is not completed, the section that is completed stands well on its' own. Also, all the brand new shopping that surrounds it is not affected by Engle's issues, so that development is solid.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:43 AM

702 posts, read 2,185,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Kendall Pointe construction was started by Transeastern Homes, who was then bought out by Engle Homes. Engle Homes has since filed Chapter 11, and it will be a long time until this project gets finished, if ever. In the meantime, all the empty lots with weeds will sit and the property value here will be a big concern for years to come.

Also, honestly, it is close to Arlington, which has some pretty high crime areas.

I agree with the other poster...why there? There are way better townhome communities to choose from all over the city. If you give me some specifics of what you are looking for, I can give you some much better developments to look into.
I agree. Also, the construction didn't look that great. What is with Brick Veneer?? You are still using brick, why not build with it?

Old 06-05-2008, 04:11 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times
Default Thanks riveree, forgot about Wolf Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
There's also Wolf Creek on Beach Blvd not far from the 9A ramp (30 mins or less to airport). I've seen some listings for $170k, but they might have units for less, you'd have to see.

Shaken makes a compelling case for not buying in Kendall, but if you drove through there right now, what is built looks nice. Even if the remainder is not completed, the section that is completed stands well on its' own. Also, all the brand new shopping that surrounds it is not affected by Engle's issues, so that development is solid.
I forgot about Wolf Creek, and also right off of JTB and I-95 there is the IronWood condos for Pulte as well.

I know Centex has some good condos for around $80k because they are leaving town, but their convienence to the airport and beach is not so great.

The only other builder with townhomes in that kind of location is DR Horton, and well, I personally would spend the extra $$'s for a Pulte product.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:35 PM

7 posts, read 22,593 times
Default Definately Kendall Town

I live in Kendall Town, specifically Kendall Pointe, and I work near Biscane Bay. I would recommend Kendall Pointe, it has everything you mentioned. Sale prices right now for the townhouses here are $136-149,000. The condos are big with attached garages and the residents are friendly. Yes, everything is not done yet but there is progress being made. I would try to look at ones that have the woods as the back of the townhouse as opposed to your neighbors being your back yard, there are at least 3 for sale along that strip.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRNHILL View Post
Hello all! I am planning on moving to JAX in January '09, and was very interested in the Kendall/Regency area. Is this a fairly decent area?
I live in the Kendall Lake/Lantern Square apts/condo's. It's a nice area and in a convienant area off of 9A. However the pools are down alot, the gates don't work, speeding cars. The office staff are always gone somewhere and they hate to take complaints...I'm otta here when the lease is up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: