Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:23 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,450,461 times

Advertisements

As everyone knows, City-Data started out as a relocation site. The idea was to get feedback from the locals on what a city was like. We've certainly grown from that beginning, but at the core CD remains the same.

Here on the Jacksonville forum, we have a growing reputation as being one of the friendliest forums . So much so, that we attract members who would like to discuss topics that really belong elsewhere on CD.

So I want to give a friendly reminder that the content on our threads here should be locally-relevant.

It's not to say we can't discuss statewide or nationwide issues, we absolutely can, but we want to keep it relative to Jax/Jax area.

Everyone is welcome on the Jax forum no matter where they currently reside, so post away , just remember where you're posting . Thanks!

Feel free to add your comments, questions, etc. on this thread .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 02:09 PM

353 posts, read 1,148,815 times
So can someone steer me to the best sushi in the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area? What about authentic Thai?

Old 07-09-2008, 02:14 PM

702 posts, read 2,184,949 times
But I want to argue about how we compare to NYC, computers and candidates for the general election!

Old 07-09-2008, 03:40 PM

367 posts, read 695,405 times
But!! But!! I want to know about travel trends going to Cuba!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:51 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,734,298 times
I had gotten used to some of the old regular Jax contributors from when I first joined. Learned alot of good stuff because they all preceded me. They don't seem to post anymore, maybe they feel crowded out by the newcomers. I miss 'em...you know who you are.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,169 times
^^^^^^

Luv the subtitle, cricket. LoL

Old 07-09-2008, 08:08 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,732,478 times
How about the best places to spend time with your family and pet?

Living the Dream!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1v3rRat View Post
So can someone steer me to the best sushi in the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area? What about authentic Thai?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanda View Post
But I want to argue about how we compare to NYC, computers and candidates for the general election!
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioclown View Post
But!! But!! I want to know about travel trends going to Cuba!!!
Oh you're all just hilarious !

Old 07-09-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
I had gotten used to some of the old regular Jax contributors from when I first joined. Learned alot of good stuff because they all preceded me. They don't seem to post anymore, maybe they feel crowded out by the newcomers. I miss 'em...you know who you are.

Oh they're still around, I'm sure. Karla is very active on some other CD forums and she still checks in here too. Mawipawfl is having a busy summer, so we may not hear from her as much. HIF has her new job she told us about, so I would think that's keeping her real busy.

It's summertime, so that may be why you're not hearing from some of the regulars as much.

It's great having all the newcomers though ! I love how the forum is an everchanging thing.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
How about the best places to spend time with your family and pet?

Living the Dream!
You mean like day trips and weekend trips outside of Jax/Jax area? Sure, that makes sense.

I don't want to stifle discussion, we just want it to be relevent to the locale, that's all .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: