Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 08:20 AM
PAO PAO started this thread

17 posts, read 70,089 times

Advertisements

Coming in from VA to attend the Gator Bowl...missed out on the advanced parking pass purchases for the stadium parking.....any other suggestions for parking within walking distance..do some of the locals offer up parking in church or business lots on game day?

I know the local JTA transit has pickup points at the convention center to the stadium to include parking.....Im staying out at the Jacksonville NAS....any suggestions appreciated...

also appreciate recommendations anyone might have for seafood or steak in the area.....anything good at the Landing?...

thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 08:23 AM

414 posts, read 1,863,039 times
Check out this website. It has all the info about JTA and Gator Bowl transportation.
Welcome to JTAFLA (http://www.jtaonthemove.com/ - broken link)

Old 12-22-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash330 View Post
Check out this website. It has all the info about JTA and Gator Bowl transportation.
Welcome to JTAFLA (http://www.jtaonthemove.com/ - broken link)
got that all down as well.....so that is a good option if nothing else is available around the stadium

Old 12-22-2008, 09:11 AM

414 posts, read 1,863,039 times
For food, i would personally stay away from the Landing. Food's not that great, IMHO. Depending on your budget, there are several restaurants around downtown that serve excellent seafood and steak: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Plaza III Steakhouse, Charthouse, Matthew's, Mossfire Grill, etc.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:50 AM

560 posts, read 2,077,145 times
It honestly sounds like you have the parking thing under control. Your best bet is to park Downtown or on the Southbank (the part of downtown on the other side of the river) and take a shuttle to the stadium.

The stadium district is slightly too far away to walk from downtown. You certainly could, but I would budget at least 20 minutes. Also, Bay and Duval streets are the only practical connecting streets, making walking more difficult.

As for food, I agree with Crash's post above. The Landing will be a fun place to drink and hang out, but too crowded to get a good meal. Plenty of great steakhouses downtown on a higher budget - Ruth's Chris, Mortons, Plaza, Charthouse. Rivercity brewing company is cheaper but not as good.

If you want real local redneck seafood, ask for directions to a fish camp! Try Clarks or Whiteys. You'll have to drive a bit, but it's certainly interesting, to say the least.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,166,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAO View Post
Coming in from VA to attend the Gator Bowl...missed out on the advanced parking pass purchases for the stadium parking.....any other suggestions for parking within walking distance..do some of the locals offer up parking in church or business lots on game day?

I know the local JTA transit has pickup points at the convention center to the stadium to include parking.....Im staying out at the Jacksonville NAS....any suggestions appreciated...

also appreciate recommendations anyone might have for seafood or steak in the area.....anything good at the Landing?...

thanks!!
depends...who are you rooting for?

Old 12-22-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
depends...who are you rooting for?
OK Go Tigers!

Actually not looking for any of the national chains.....coming from the DC area..so Mortons, Ruth Chris, Charthouse etc...abound up here...looking for something along the local flavor to be honest.....River City Brewing was nice last time I was down for the Gator...and offered great viewing of the New Years eve fireworks from their balconies......

Plaza III, Mathews, and Mossfire Grill sound like possibilities....

Old 12-22-2008, 08:41 PM

530 posts, read 1,461,000 times
I park downtown for all Jags games. It is certainly not to far to walk if you are not disabled. I have parked a far as the BOA building. Most americans could use the exercise anyway and save that 10 to 20 dollars for something else.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:13 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,166,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAO View Post
OK Go Tigers!

Actually not looking for any of the national chains.....coming from the DC area..so Mortons, Ruth Chris, Charthouse etc...abound up here...looking for something along the local flavor to be honest.....River City Brewing was nice last time I was down for the Gator...and offered great viewing of the New Years eve fireworks from their balconies......

Plaza III, Mathews, and Mossfire Grill sound like possibilities....
Ah, Tigers...well welcome then. I hope you have a great time. Just kidding, i've got nothing against the Huskers either.

So you came down for the Gator Bowl before? would that have been in '01 then? Hopefully downtown appears to have made progress since your last visit.

The Landing is mostly national chains I think...except maybe the sushi place. There are some excellent dining options in the San Marco area, just a few minutes from downtown.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:02 AM

appreciate the feedback.....parking was great.......parked at the convention center...$7 round trip to the stadium.....easy to use....and get out of the stadium area......

ended up eating lunch at Bennys in the Landing and then New Years Eve dinner at River City Brewing.....for a great view of the fireworks from their outdoor bar area.....also a great day at St Augustine on the 30th....and a great dinner there as well....forget the name of the resturant.......anyway....wonderful visit to Jax....and great weather for the week.....thanks all!!!.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville