Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2007, 02:38 PM

18 posts, read 45,765 times

Advertisements

I have been reading all the posts periodically and there is a wealth of knowledge here....all which is very helpful when deciding on 'living' areas, etc

does anyone have any opinions on either one of these condo complexes for renting purposes...

I 'think' I have somewhat narrowed it down to the 2 below because I have 2 dogs, which both will accept and also because I think they are somewhat in a safe area....I will be renting 'sight unseen' --- I know, a bit scary but I will have to do it that way and hopefully will be down in May-June.

thanks in advance,
Nancy
the 2 places are:

Suncoast Management (the condos are listed under that name) 100 Fairway Park Blvd
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082

Soleil at Ponte Vedra 125 Great Harbour Way
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 03:20 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times
Nancy
both are apts that were converted to condos
the Suncoast will have you closer to JTB
I use to live in the patio homes right down the street ( i can;t remember the name of the apt they use to be)

Soleil
is farther down A1A by about 7 minutes. I think they use to be called Arbor club.
either one would be safe and I love Ponte Vedra beach
the one thing I would do is ask the owner or Managment company to send you pictures of the exact units you are thinking of.

karla

Old 03-18-2007, 04:25 PM

Thanks Karla...I did view the pictures of both and am leaning more toward the first one, but you are right, I will definately ask for 'specifics' including pics of what I actually rent prior to sending in the deposits....

are there any others that you know of off hand that I should inquire about? they all somewhat look and offer the same things, but being alone with the dogs, I am mostly concerned with a safe/friendly area.

thanks again!
Nancy

Old 03-18-2007, 04:34 PM

nancy
how much do you want to pay in rent
and where will you be working ?
don't want to recommend someplace far from where you will be working

karla
I have 3 dogs so I know the challenge

Old 03-18-2007, 05:04 PM

I am hoping to stay in the $800-$900 range for rent, whereas I will probably buy at some point, but want to rent first to check things out and get better acclimated to the area.

of course less would be nicer, but from what I see, that appears to be a reasonable figure for renting in a 'decent' area....is that correct? or am I way off?

I am self employed and have been to St Augustine a few times in the past year, Love it there, but thought I would like to be a bit more to a 'city' and came across Ponte Vedra which appears to be the best of both worlds (in my opinion), close to the ocean, which I want to be near and located between the city and St Augustine.....but again, I may be 'way off' --- so your thoughts are appreciated.

Nancy

Old 03-18-2007, 05:14 PM

yup stick with Ponte Vedra
not only is it in the middle

but you can't put a price on being able to say "oh I live in Ponte Vedra"
may not make sense now but you will see

If you like the area you might want to take a look at the patio homes right off Ponte vedra lakes blvd
I owned a home there for 4 years
still a good value and lol the assoc mows the lawn

once your settled I will recommend a great place for breakfast and for pizza
karla

Old 03-18-2007, 06:05 PM

Karla -- coming from NH...I had to look up what a 'patio home' was....they look Great!! I am not too sure what to expect with a condo, because I live now without neighbors above or below me.....but with my price range, I will have to settle for a one bdrm for the time being and couldn't find any townhouse types -- but those patio homes look awesome !!!
why did you move, if you don't mind me asking?
Nancy
oh, ps. I have just gone through the LAST nor'easter I ever plan on dealing with this wkend, my house is on the market as of last Thursday and No More Snow for me LOL....I am Sure I will Love it there.....I am trading in the bears and mice for bugs and alligators.....and the move will be a welcomed change!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 03:42 AM

nancy
lol I was a me and became a we
soooo we wanted a place that was ours
I would sign as short a lease as possible so when you are ready to buy( because you are going to love it here ) you don't have to wait forever
the ones we lived in are called "the islands at Ponte vedra lakes"
the 2 bedrooms are 1125 sq ft with a 1 car gargae. they also have 3 bedrooms and the monthly assoc fee was really low ($50 a month when I lived there) and they mowed and did the bug thing.
karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville