Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:56 PM

5 posts, read 11,456 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm a 26 yr old female who will be moving to jacksonville in October this year. I don't know anyone there and my fiancé can sometimes be such a homebody. I refuse to be a club potato and waste my life in front of a television. I want to experience everything max has to off; jazz, the arts, plays, ballets. I crave more culture so tired of livin in the same lil bubble. Any ideas where to meet ppl in jax?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 02:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,758 times
Hey I'm 23 and having a really time meeting girls also... I'm from NYC and I really miss nights out, lunches, shopping, and social scenes with my girls... Hit me back if you guys wanna Link up...

Old 09-27-2011, 03:02 AM

Location: San Francisco area for just a little longer ..... maybe?
24 posts, read 37,309 times
Hi! I'm a 24 year old female. I have been in Jacksonville all of three (3) weeks now, and have had no trouble finding any new friends. I have done it the old fashioned way, I have gone out and been friendly. Where? Everywhere! Stores, clubs, bars and restaurants. just about anywhere I go I feel like I could make a new acquaintance here in Jacksonville, so much easier than New York or San Fransisco or London, maybe even Budapest but I grew up there so friends came naturally. Maybe its my accent? I do not know but I never have problem meeting new people and that is what you need to do to meet new friends. I have to go back to Bay Area Friday to finalize my move here permanently and be back by 15/10/11 to start new chapter of life and adventure in Jacksonville.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:37 PM

23 posts, read 50,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
I have not moved down to Jax yet but I have already made some friends down there.

I am a member of Meetup.com.

This site has many groups throughout the country gathering for any and every reason: clubbing, dancing, music, sports, games, health, business... you name it, there is a group. And if there is not one, you cant start one.

I guarantee you will find lots of people there.
Just what I was going to say! Meetup.com is a good place to find like-minded individuals.
I belong to some of the craft clubs, listed in Meetup. Type in whatever, and you will find people here who will like what you do.
Scrapbookers, jewelry makers, working moms, whatever.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:44 PM

23 posts, read 50,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlady2011 View Post
Hi, I'm a 26 yr old female who will be moving to jacksonville in October this year. I don't know anyone there and my fiancé can sometimes be such a homebody. I refuse to be a club potato and waste my life in front of a television. I want to experience everything max has to off; jazz, the arts, plays, ballets. I crave more culture so tired of livin in the same lil bubble. Any ideas where to meet ppl in jax?
I LOVE to go to these places:

Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra:
Jacksonville Florida Entertainment, Live Music Concerts & Landing Events | Night Out & Things To Do In Jacksonville Florida

Alhambra Dinner Theatre:
Alhambra Dinner Theatre Jacksonville, Florida

Times-Union Performing Arts:
Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts

Moran Theatre:
The Nutcracker Times Union Center Performing Arts - Moran Theater, Jacksonville, FL Tickets. Broadway Tickets Center

Cummer Art Museum:
The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens Jacksonville FL

Ritz Theatre and Museum:
Ritz Theatre and Museum :: Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville