Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,643 times

Advertisements

Last Friday, I received an email that stated if i would be interested in working a certain work schedule and that this employer was looking to bring on board x number of individuals. This is through a temporary agency. This employer was looking to get the candidates started next week. This is after I have gone through the interview and government screening (background/credit check, drug test, fingerprinting, handwriting sample, etc) process at the employer's location already. I responded to that email that Friday stating that would I would be interested. On Monday, I received an email that basically stated Thanks. I'll contact you soon with additional details. A couple of hours later, I received a phone call and the agent asked if I would be able to work ___ to ____ and I said yes. This agency said they would call back with more information since they weren't exactly sure if the employer wanted the employees to work 2 or 4 days a week.

It is now Wednesday and I have not heard anything. No emails or phone call. Should I email the agency to see if I'm still in the running? Is there a chance I'm not considered anymore?

I'm not sure what to think because in the email last Friday it stated the employer was looking to get the candidates started next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 05:03 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,827,129 times
Telephone don't email.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,073,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelio View Post
Last Friday, I received an email that stated if i would be interested in working a certain work schedule and that this employer was looking to bring on board x number of individuals. This is through a temporary agency. This employer was looking to get the candidates started next week. This is after I have gone through the interview and government screening (background/credit check, drug test, fingerprinting, handwriting sample, etc) process at the employer's location already. I responded to that email that Friday stating that would I would be interested. On Monday, I received an email that basically stated Thanks. I'll contact you soon with additional details. A couple of hours later, I received a phone call and the agent asked if I would be able to work ___ to ____ and I said yes. This agency said they would call back with more information since they weren't exactly sure if the employer wanted the employees to work 2 or 4 days a week.

It is now Wednesday and I have not heard anything. No emails or phone call. Should I email the agency to see if I'm still in the running? Is there a chance I'm not considered anymore?

I'm not sure what to think because in the email last Friday it stated the employer was looking to get the candidates started next week.

Nothing is official until you receive a hire letter

Old 02-09-2011, 08:08 PM

724 posts, read 1,687,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Nothing is official until you receive a hire letter
Letter? Do they need to frame it too? I have NEVER had anything so formal as a letter. One job was an email acceptance, last one was a phone offer. Offers tend to be pretty low key. I have signed contracts after the fact though. It was just treated as standard follow-up paperwork.

It sounds like the agency is working on getting you approved with the client. Just keep respectfully contacting them every few days or so. It sounds like something is moving pretty quickly right now and you may be at work pretty soon. I bet they will just call you with instructions on where to show up and who to ask for.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Telephone don't email.
I was told by the temp agency agent that the best way to contact them is by email because they are in and out of their office.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
Letter? Do they need to frame it too? I have NEVER had anything so formal as a letter. One job was an email acceptance, last one was a phone offer. Offers tend to be pretty low key.
I've received formal offer letters from large employers; however, I guarantee there won't be an offer letter for the OP's situation because it's a temporary agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search