Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 08:56 PM

994 posts, read 1,835,466 times

Advertisements

I dunno but I have a real good feeling about a job!

So there was this job posted up on Monday, where I knew I would be a perfect fit. When I saw it I went all akldjf;ladkjfadk;lj and applied right away. Next day, on Tuesday I get a call from them saying they want to interview and we set it up for Thursday which was today.

So went to the interview, went fantastic. I interviewed with the HR and the person who would be my supervisor. Man we laughed, told some jokes, really enjoyed the interview, it went fantastic. At the end they told me that they would like a second round interview next week. Then the person who would be my supervisor left. I stayed with the HR person and they told me they would like to go over benefits, my compensation, etc. She also told me "I think you are a perfect fit for this position."

So we setup up the interview for next week! So I gotta a good feeling cause the job hasn't even been posted a whole week and I am already on a second round interview!

What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 09:03 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,881,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I dunno but I have a real good feeling about a job!

So there was this job posted up on Monday, where I knew I would be a perfect fit. When I saw it I went all akldjf;ladkjfadk;lj and applied right away. Next day, on Tuesday I get a call from them saying they want to interview and we set it up for Thursday which was today.

So went to the interview, went fantastic. I interviewed with the HR and the person who would be my supervisor. Man we laughed, told some jokes, really enjoyed the interview, it went fantastic. At the end they told me that they would like a second round interview next week. Then the person who would be my supervisor left. I stayed with the HR person and they told me they would like to go over benefits, my compensation, etc. She also told me "I think you are a perfect fit for this position."

So we setup up the interview for next week! So I gotta a good feeling cause the job hasn't even been posted a whole week and I am already on a second round interview!

What do you all think?
Don't count all your eggs in one basket before they hatch.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:08 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I know that, I am just being positive and optimistic. I am not saying I got it and won't until I get an offer, I am just saying things went great and I have a good feeling.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:09 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,881,673 times
Quote:

I know that, I am just being positive and optimistic. I am not saying I got it and won't until I get an offer, I am just saying things went great and I have a good feeling.
Assume you didn't get it and keep applying.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM

Thanks Sherlock, I just finished applying for a job today. Oh thank you for your wisdom.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:00 AM

386 posts, read 1,053,043 times
I hope it goes great for you, but if I had a dollar for every time i had a great interview and a good feeling about it, I could stay unemployed and look for jobs.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:09 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,052,579 times
Quote:
Thanks Sherlock, I just finished applying for a job today. Oh thank you for your wisdom.
Unfortunately, pessimism rules this Forum .... I wish you all the best regarding this upcoming interview and pray that it works out for you!

Old 06-10-2011, 04:02 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,483,075 times
Quote:

I had an interview like that once. I was working temp for an agency and my manager and director requested that I apply for this position that would have been perfect for me. I interviewed and all went extremely well. The HR woman even gave me the benefit package and told me everything about the agency after the interview.

Long story short, I didn't get the job. The idiot hired someone's nephew that knew shyt about what he was hired for. Whoops, you should have seen the egg on my manager, director and HR person's face!

Old 06-10-2011, 04:04 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,483,075 times
Quote:
I don't think Charles is being negative or sarcastic. He's just saying that just because an inteview went great and you feel like you have the job in the bag, it might backfire and you won't get the job.

If you get the job, fantastic but if you don't, keep applying for jobs. Good luck!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,663,124 times
Why do you ask for "our opinion" and then make sarcastic remarks when we give them? Sorry it is all cheerleadering you on. Would you rather people just lie and say "Oh it is in the bag"! Next time, don't ask for our opinions if you don't really want it. Reality is, you may not get it. They gave good advise to keep on applying for other jobs, just in case. I have had similar experience. Had a great interview. I felt I connected with both the HR and the boss. I did not get it. Hopefully that won't happen to you and you do get the job. Just be prepared in case you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search