Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:29 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,395,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Weekend maybe, holiday..No Way. You would just say you have plans and would need to schedule the interview for another day
Add "refuses to interview on a holiday" to the list of rules you have about interviewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Add "refuses to interview on a holiday" to the list of rules you have about interviewing.

Yes no matter how bad things get I will not look like I;m in NEED and interview on a holiday. That would just scream......"DESPERATION"

Weekend possibly but what company is open on a holiday anyway unless it's Columbus Day?

Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,050,447 times
Quote:
Weekend maybe, holiday..No Way. You would just say you have plans and would need to schedule the interview for another day
Again, how are you defining "holiday"? If it's a minor holiday (Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Columbus Day, or Veterans Day), I would be willing to go to an interview, considering they are regular work days in most jobs in my field. If it's a major holiday (New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas) I'd be a more hesitant to interview unless I was absolutely desperate.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
Again, how are you defining "holiday"? If it's a minor holiday (Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Columbus Day, or Veterans Day), I would be willing to go to an interview, considering they are regular work days in most jobs in my field. If it's a major holiday (New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas) I'd be a more hesitant to interview unless I was absolutely desperate.

The question by the poster doesn't make sense because what person wouldn't go to a interview on the holidays you listed? And what office job is scheduling a interview on

Memorial Day
July 4th
Labor Day
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New years

Of course someone would go to a interview on a minor holiday

Old 09-04-2012, 08:27 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Yes no matter how bad things get I will not look like I;m in NEED and interview on a holiday. That would just scream......"DESPERATION"

Does desperation come when your landlord serves you with eviction papers, or the guys come to empty the apartment?

Old 09-04-2012, 08:31 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Does desperation come when your landlord serves you with eviction papers, or the guys come to empty the apartment?
It won't be a such thing as a eviction because I will let them know I;m leaving before it gets to that. Not many people will stay at a place knowing they can't pay the rent.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 PM

42 posts, read 46,588 times
Smile Yes Go

I went to job interviews with the flu..got it..then went on my own Birthday..got it..
Go with your Gut...Will they have you work Christmas and Every Sunday though it is against your religious beliefs?

If you need a job...go..if you think they would hinder you somewhere or ask more than you would want to give...Be upfront about that..could you reschedule?

Old 09-04-2012, 08:37 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
It won't be a such thing as a eviction because I will let them know I;m leaving before it gets to that. Not many people will stay at a place knowing they can't pay the rent.
How is that better? The issue is the lack of shelter, not the final moments leading up to it.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:47 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlajordan2012 View Post
I went to job interviews with the flu..got it..then went on my own Birthday..got it..
Go with your Gut...Will they have you work Christmas and Every Sunday though it is against your religious beliefs?

If you need a job...go..if you think they would hinder you somewhere or ask more than you would want to give...Be upfront about that..could you reschedule?

No office job will involve being interviewed on a major holiday so I don't think the poster has to worry about it

Old 09-04-2012, 08:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
How is that better? The issue is the lack of shelter, not the final moments leading up to it.
My focus is on September of 2012, nothing else matters right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search