Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 07:27 PM

3 posts, read 14,526 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if you could help me with some questions I had about Accenture. will they hire me if I have a misdemeanor on my record?

I have a dui from 2 years ago and the application online did not ask me about any previous records and neither did any of the interviews in the interview process. I have completed all community service and have no restrictions. My question is, do they hire people with a dui on their record? Also, should i tell HR now about the record or wait till I get an offer?

Your answer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 07:34 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,333,911 times
By law, a criminal conviction of any kind cannot be a barrier to a job offer unless the job is directly related to the crime for which you were convicted. I.e., if you were convicted of child neglect, a day-care center would be within their rights to refuse to offer you a job. Or if you were convicted of theft, a bank could refuse to offer you a teller job.

For a DUI, unless the job you applied for involves driving company vehicles on company time, you should be ok. If the job does involve driving, you still may get it, as long as you can prove that you fulfilled your debt to society and have maintained a clean record since then.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:05 PM

402 posts, read 745,787 times
If you can get to and from work and don't need a high level security clearance, you should be ok, but don't stop looking regardless. Accenture does give contingent offers and sometimes hires for future expected positions (expecting a contract win) that are not actual openings. Good luck though.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:35 PM

3 posts, read 14,526 times
thanks

Old 07-21-2013, 04:31 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,355,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
By law, a criminal conviction of any kind cannot be a barrier to a job offer unless the job is directly related to the crime for which you were convicted. I.e., if you were convicted of child neglect, a day-care center would be within their rights to refuse to offer you a job. Or if you were convicted of theft, a bank could refuse to offer you a teller job.

For a DUI, unless the job you applied for involves driving company vehicles on company time, you should be ok. If the job does involve driving, you still may get it, as long as you can prove that you fulfilled your debt to society and have maintained a clean record since then.
No Federal law specifically prohibits discrimination against people with criminal conviction histories. An employer can use any reason to fire or not hire you. An employer can fire you for no reason at all and give no reason. My brother had a DUI on his record and had to talk them into hiring him with a written letter because of it. People can not hire you because they don't like your credit report. No matter what the law says, you might as well assume that they will not hire you for any reason they want, legal or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search