Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 07:49 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times

Advertisements

My husband is a former employee. My best friend is a former employee. Believe me you don't want to work there! Dillard's receives a lot of criticism online, one more isn't going to hurt if you decide to go that route. I don't know how you prove you didn't work there unless you have tax records from then, and I'm not even sure that would be proof enough. If through your job search you find another situation like this, it sounds like it maybe time to file a police report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 10:19 PM

564 posts, read 1,043,264 times
I see there are people on here far more immature. So, be gone with you who make such mean-spirited remarks. I'm out of here and won't spend time reading your repartees. You must be affiliated with this company in some way, so your remarks are of no surprise. Here's a saying befitting the situation here, to direct at the nasty people who've remarked.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me!!

To the people who have shown support, thank you, and yes, I'm actually interviewing with a company who is on the Fortune 500 list.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:50 PM

564 posts, read 1,043,264 times
Default Unfairly treated job applicant at Dillards

First of all, how do you know anything about my emotions? Second, how do you know anything about my maturity or as you say my immaturity? What do you know about me? Nothing. You are hardly in a position to make such a nasty remark. Additionally, you do not even know what I wrote to Dillards. Just because I said I wrote a nasty note, it was only nasty to me. Why do I say that? Because it was not nasty in the least bit. I'm my worst critic. If I were to show my note to anyone they would say it was a well-written, businesslike letter simply stating that I was not treated fairly and that given my actions of contacting authorities about my identity being compromised and doing what they wanted me to do, they needed to retract the black mark they put upon me. If you think this is nasty, that's your problem.

Before you make YOUR nasty remarks, have the facts. You did not, and you do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Going to the IRS and Social Security is not the same as those agencies issuing an identity theft notice. Just because you went to them does not what you are saying is true. You did not give those agencies a chance to assist you and unfortunately, you allowed your emotions to gain control over your maturity and I’m afraid, even if the IRS, SS, FBI, or the Church issued an affidavit that you were in fact not the other person, your attitude and (sorry to say it this way) immaturity just sank your chances of ever working for them.

Move on because the only person you now have to blame is yourself.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:22 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Once you went that direction, you became someone that the company could not trust with its customers. The risk is too great that you might find some "justifiable" reason to go "not nice" in a similar fashion on a rude customer.
I totally agree.

There was no need to write nasty emails when all they had to do was call the HR dept or call Corporate to talk actually talk to a person. Do you have any idea how many emails Dillards gets in a day from their website?? Yours is probably still sitting in the inbox waiting to be read.

Should you be upset by this? Yes! But, your focus needs to be on the how and where they got your info from, not the fact that they wont' hire you now...or ever at this point.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:30 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamian in nc View Post
First of all, how do you know anything about my emotions? Second, how do you know anything about my maturity or as you say my immaturity? What do you know about me? Nothing. You are hardly in a position to make such a nasty remark. Additionally, you do not even know what I wrote to Dillards. Just because I said I wrote a nasty note, it was only nasty to me. Why do I say that? Because it was not nasty in the least bit. I'm my worst critic. If I were to show my note to anyone they would say it was a well-written, businesslike letter simply stating that I was not treated fairly and that given my actions of contacting authorities about my identity being compromised and doing what they wanted me to do, they needed to retract the black mark they put upon me. If you think this is nasty, that's your problem.

Before you make YOUR nasty remarks, have the facts. You did not, and you do not.
If your email wasn't 'nasty' then why did you say it was? Why are you now backpedaling on what you said? You are allowing your emotions to get the best of you, re read this post and the previous post and you can 'read' your emotions. We can only go by the 'facts' that you post.. if you dont' post them, we don't know them.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to be upset, I'd be very upset if I knew my SS# had been used by someone else. Not being hired by Dillards is the least of your problem, find out where and how they got your info and how they 'hired' you. That should be your ONLY concern.

When you find an answer, would you please come back and post an update? It's nice to get an ending to a story once in awhile.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:

I totally agree with you. People act like it's your fault your identity was stolen! And that's exactly what this is, identity theft. I want to see all of you passing judgement on OP be calm when identity theft hits home! When you are reading on an internet forum such as this it is very important to ignore any emotion you think you are reading because you are reading your own emotion into someone else's post. That isn't as the OP intended, and not likely how you as an OP would want someone to read your posts.

In case you people don't know identity theft is illegal and it ruins an innocent person for years.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:36 PM

33 posts, read 44,547 times
You would think by how easy it is to screw someone with SSN theft these morons would change the system to make it harder to use it.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 PM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times
Quote:
The facts that I had are the fact YOU gave us. If you're changing the facts to meet what you now want the direction to go, that’s fine, just realize you are altering the information after-the-fact! Based on what you initially wrote, you came off as an immature whinier who got pissy and threw a tantrum.

However, you have to realize they have no idea what you did and did not do. Just because you claim you did all those things does not mean you did. Had you shown them some document from the government about a possible use of your identity, that would change the picture. Absent any doumentation, all they have is some ex emplyees word that it wasn't them, AND, that ex employee already has work ethic issues (in their book) so you have to excuse them if they don't just take your word for it!

Old 09-21-2013, 10:25 PM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I totally agree with you. People act like it's your fault your identity was stolen! And that's exactly what this is, identity theft. I want to see all of you passing judgement on OP be calm when identity theft hits home! When you are reading on an internet forum such as this it is very important to ignore any emotion you think you are reading because you are reading your own emotion into someone else's post. That isn't as the OP intended, and not likely how you as an OP would want someone to read your posts.

In case you people don't know identity theft is illegal and it ruins an innocent person for years.
Please, grow up! This has nothing to do with Identity Theft. This has to do with the actions and attitude of the OP in dealing with Dillards. How do you know the OP isn't lying about the whole thing hoping to get some advice on how to get around the fact that Dillards caught their last employment screwup? I believe the OP that it was not them who pulled this stunt at another locations, BUT, that does not excuse the emotional and inmature manner that they are going about it with Dillards. And you have to admit, this new twist that what was initially posted is not now what they actually did, well that makes one think that maybe it was them in the first place and they are changing their story to suit the events.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Please, grow up! This has nothing to do with Identity Theft. This has to do with the actions and attitude of the OP in dealing with Dillards. How do you know the OP isn't lying about the whole thing hoping to get some advice on how to get around the fact that Dillards caught their last employment screwup? I believe the OP that it was not them who pulled this stunt at another locations, BUT, that does not excuse the emotional and inmature manner that they are going about it with Dillards. And you have to admit, this new twist that what was initially posted is not now what they actually did, well that makes one think that maybe it was them in the first place and they are changing their story to suit the events.
You people all turn things around to pounce on people when you have no right! Unlike you I believe OP! I bet you complain 24 hrs a day too and find wrong in right at any cost. Not me!

Last edited by myrc60; 09-22-2013 at 09:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search