Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 11:31 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times

Advertisements

I was doing the god-forsaken job applcation and it asked me for my SSN to do a Tax Credit Screening?? Wtf is that? Is this what they ask of you before you even get to an interview now a days? I pressed Decline Tax Credit Screening but it wouldn't let me go thru so I just accepted it, because i'm desperate (and I spent a lot of time on the application) and i want to work , but it kind of bothers me to have to give this information to strangers
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 05:55 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
They're checking credit history.

If you have bad credit, they won't waste time interviewing you.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
They're checking credit history.

If you have bad credit, they won't waste time interviewing you.
No, this is incorrect.

Employers get a subsidy in the form of a tax credit if they hire somebody who has been on welfare, food stamps, etc.

The idea is to boost employment by making hiring cheaper and to reward companies for hiring the most desparate people.

It has nothing to do with credit checks, although the form does ask some intrusive wuestions.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:07 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
No, this is incorrect.

Employers get a subsidy in the form of a tax credit if they hire somebody who has been on welfare, food stamps, etc.

The idea is to boost employment by making hiring cheaper and to reward companies for hiring the most desparate people.

It has nothing to do with credit checks, although the form does ask some intrusive wuestions.
Oh then I'm in trouble ? I never received those things

Old 11-22-2013, 09:03 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,867,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Oh then I'm in trouble ? I never received those things
No. It is just an automated accounting system set up so they can apply for the tax credits. The tax people have no control or authority over hiring decisions or policy.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:12 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim04 View Post
No. It is just an automated accounting system set up so they can apply for the tax credits. The tax people have no control or authority over hiring decisions or policy.
Exactly. It won't have any real impact on hiring decisions.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 21,539 times
hello I was filling up a job application and I was asked to fill the tax screening form I did it because it didn't let me go through but after I realize it wasn't part of the page to whose I was applying, my concern is that I introduced in that form my personal information like my SSN and in another this my first year doing my taxes I'm worried it may be an untrustable website that may be stealing my identity .please may someone explain to the meaning of that website.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 14,488 times
On filling out this tax credit survey what information does the employer see this is very personal information and would rather not have them know my business like that.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:37 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,184,182 times
I would never input my SSN at this early of a stage in the process. You don't even know if it is legit.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:34 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,115,646 times
I've done some job hunting in the past year.

To be honest, I've found that the employers who want your info so they can possibly get a tax credit -- in my case were the low end type of employer -- retailers, convenience stores, grocers, auto mechanic places.

Although, a major world renown medical facility in the Mid-Atlantic wouldn't even let me submit a resume or application -- unless I provided my Soc. Sec. number so I could permit a credit check. I didn't proceed or apply. On principal, that early in the application or submission process, I just am not comfortable with that.

Basically, I make that decision on a case by case, job by job, employer by employer basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search