Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 06:04 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,280,108 times

Advertisements

Good for the OP!! Hope it works out. Who knows, there could even have been something wrong with her email--like everything going to a junk mail folder, for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 07:27 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,390,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg9779 View Post
@ midtown mile girl....yes it was the actual Federal Reserve Bank and I was so excited to get the request for an interview because it is tough to get a response like you said. It wasn't an agency. She is an HR rep within the organization. As for those saying I didn't follow directions, I went back and looked at her email earlier very carefully from yesterday to ensure I didn't get it wrong. She indeed said, "please respond to this email if the new proposed time of 3pm works for you". That's what I did on yesterday. I did take everyone's advice and gave it another shot today with another meeting request and this time she responded and accepted it.
Good luck! I live in the neighborhood and the Federal Reserve building is smack in the middle of the action in midtown.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:33 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,867,326 times
Things happen all the time. I've had interviewers miss appointments for countless reasons and, since they are the ones hiring, we have to jump through their hoops. I understand why you feel ignored, but try not to take it personally. Lines were crossed somewhere and they will be uncrossed at some point. Try to put your best foot forward (with no animosity) when you are able to touch base with her.

Good luck in your job search.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:57 PM

80 posts, read 128,711 times
Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. I will definitely put my best foot forward in the interview. Yes I'll admit that I was a little upset earlier but as several of you have pointed out, things happen beyond our control. Even though I have an interview, I'm going to keep sending out resumes until I receive an offer.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:43 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,746,570 times
Good luck, and stay positive! Hope it works out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search