Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:06 AM

7,643 posts, read 4,589,722 times

Advertisements

I remember an interview where there was a fair amount of explanation and the a simple question. Can you do the job? I answered yes I can. We then started talking about when I could begin.

Now, in hindsight, I wish I hadn't taken that job, but that's another issue. Point is a short interview may be a test to see if you can be succinct and too the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 10:03 AM

12 posts, read 31,778 times
I think you should find comfort in the fact that it's your third interview. My opinion is that if she had people from the first two interviews refer you to her as someone they would like to have on board, that she trusts them enough and just wanted to meet with you shortly face to face. I recently had 2 interviews then a short 10 minute phone conversation with the district manager where he just asked me a few simple questions just to get a feel for me - then 2 weeks later I had a job offer. Having 3 interviews says a lot - she trusts the people who interview you enough to do the interviews - why would she waste everyone's time if her brief meeting with you trumped everything they did up to that point? I don't think there would be much left to discuss and get in depth with after already meeting with them twice. Good luck.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:02 AM

154 posts, read 261,460 times
Normally a short interview is not a good sign. But there have been times when I've had short interviews that went well. Sometimes they already know that they want to hire you and won't waste too much time putting you through the ringer

Old 01-15-2015, 11:11 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,571,881 times
Generally speaking, if you're talking to the senior most person involved in the hiring process it's because they think you're the candidate and that person simply wants to take you out for a quick test drive.

In my current company, by the time you're meeting that person, the decision has been made and the third person just wants to make sure the first two aren't insane.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:05 PM

11 posts, read 44,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fms24 View Post
I think you should find comfort in the fact that it's your third interview. My opinion is that if she had people from the first two interviews refer you to her as someone they would like to have on board, that she trusts them enough and just wanted to meet with you shortly face to face. I recently had 2 interviews then a short 10 minute phone conversation with the district manager where he just asked me a few simple questions just to get a feel for me - then 2 weeks later I had a job offer. Having 3 interviews says a lot - she trusts the people who interview you enough to do the interviews - why would she waste everyone's time if her brief meeting with you trumped everything they did up to that point? I don't think there would be much left to discuss and get in depth with after already meeting with them twice. Good luck.
thank you

Old 01-19-2015, 07:35 AM

11 posts, read 44,434 times
Thank you every one for your answers. got call from HR confirming my job. just need to discuss on the compensation and all Set.. thanks a lot for all your reply. those where really encouraging

Old 01-19-2015, 09:06 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
That's great news - congratulations! So that last interviewer was just giving her blessing, and deemed you fit to hire in short order.

I hope things go smoothly in the area of compensation / negotiation and good luck in your new role.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:00 AM

6 posts, read 7,034 times
It's hard to say until you get the call either offering or declining your application.
The director may be a very busy lady and didn't have time to be seeing each person for more than 15mins. They may allow 30 mins just in case things get held up in general during the day. It could be a great thing that it was over with so quickly, she may have already received good feedback from the previous people who interviewed you and she heard exactly what she wanted to hear from the first couple of questions she asked you. OR (sorry but i have to give both situations) the person she interviewed before you could have answered those questions spot on and you didn't so straight away she knew you were out of the running.

Just try to stay positive and even if you don't get this job.....you got to the third interview which is great so focus on that and take that confidence to the next interview you are offered.
And if you do get the job, then well done And a lesson for the future to not worry so much!

Old 01-20-2015, 11:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrytree14 View Post
It's hard to say until you get the call either offering or declining your application.
The director may be a very busy lady and didn't have time to be seeing each person for more than 15mins. They may allow 30 mins just in case things get held up in general during the day. It could be a great thing that it was over with so quickly, she may have already received good feedback from the previous people who interviewed you and she heard exactly what she wanted to hear from the first couple of questions she asked you. OR (sorry but i have to give both situations) the person she interviewed before you could have answered those questions spot on and you didn't so straight away she knew you were out of the running.

Just try to stay positive and even if you don't get this job.....you got to the third interview which is great so focus on that and take that confidence to the next interview you are offered.
And if you do get the job, then well done And a lesson for the future to not worry so much!

Cherrytree, two posts above yours the op states he/she got the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search