Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 09:03 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,641,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly, I will add there aren't many more jobs such as caregiving that show dedication and responsibility.

It's not a Mon-Fri job, it's 7 days a week, 24 hours a day when you're caregiving for someone at home.

Right there it shows you have reliability and can handle stress.

Any employer that would shun and discredit a person who is a caregiver is an employer that I would not want to work for. It says an awful lot about their character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 09:08 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,096,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
And your source for this would be? Provide a source that states such a thing.

Do you really think those places can openly admit they only hire people from the inside and employee referrals? I believe that would defeat the whole purpose of posting fake openings.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Because some people on here don't like completing online applications which is why I recommend jobs ads with gives you the option of emailing your resume.

Corn-fused is not talking about "some people" who don't like online applications. He is talking about YOU. It is clearly obvious that it's you who is on a crusade against online applications. I have not seen anyone here other than you rail against online applications nonstop. Sure some may dislike them, but they bite the bullet and take the time to apply.

Advising others to only look for jobs that give the option to email a resume is not advice. That is not groundbreaking information that most of us couldn't think of on our own. You think that just because you are a "job counselor" that you know more than other people? You haven't said a thing that has not already been said by job counselors of days gone by. You have no new information that isn't readily available online or is common sense.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Do you really think those places can openly admit they only hire people from the inside and employee referrals? I believe that would defeat the whole purpose of posting fake openings.

No dear. You made the statement and now it's time to show some source of the statement that you made. And I quote:

"Most places that require you to complete online applications usually post fake jobs and you have to know someone to get in the door."

The fact that you cannot post a source means that you are talking out of your and your credibility has sunken even further than I thought possible.

Further, how would you know what MOST places do? How in the world are you in multiple places at once to know their inner workings?

Old 05-14-2015, 11:29 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Corn-fused is not talking about "some people" who don't like online applications. He is talking about YOU. It is clearly obvious that it's you who is on a crusade against online applications. I have not seen anyone here other than you rail against online applications nonstop. Sure some may dislike them, but they bite the bullet and take the time to apply.

Advising others to only look for jobs that give the option to email a resume is not advice. That is not groundbreaking information that most of us couldn't think of on our own. You think that just because you are a "job counselor" that you know more than other people? You haven't said a thing that has not already been said by job counselors of days gone by. You have no new information that isn't readily available online or is common sense.
Actually I'm the job search strategist and enjoy helping others find new way of seeking employment.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:31 AM
FBJ

Quote:
No dear. You made the statement and now it's time to show some source of the statement that you made. And I quote:

"Most places that require you to complete online applications usually post fake jobs and you have to know someone to get in the door."

The fact that you cannot post a source means that you are talking out of your and your credibility has sunken even further than I thought possible.

Further, how would you know what MOST places do? How in the world are you in multiple places at once to know their inner workings?
Well for starters I worked for 4 places that only hired within and posted fake job.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:09 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,793,568 times
Quote:
Actually I'm the job search strategist and enjoy helping others find new way of seeking employment.
When did you conjure up that new title? That's not what your position is listed as ...

Old 05-14-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:

But what you are saying isn't new. You have no advice that others have not heard before.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Well for starters I worked for 4 places that only hired within and posted fake job.

Since when does 4 companies represent most? I am still waiting on that valid source and not your opinion.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
When did you conjure up that new title? That's not what your position is listed as ...

Good catch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search