Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 06:52 AM

146 posts, read 213,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
How about an interviewer cleaning his finger nails and depositing the garbage on a paper towel ? that was disgusting and I ended the interview right there and I got a very strange vibe from the whole place so I walked . It was ewwww and then a few months later I read in the paper that one of the employees chose to hang himself there stating the receptionist found him when entering the office . That would have been my job receptionist ..my gut saved me really .
Ewwww

Some people are just so.... out there. For lack of a better word.

Who would think that that is appropriate?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 07:18 AM

137 posts, read 177,752 times
I went in for an interview years ago at this company and the guy interviewing me asked me out at the end! Um.. awkward... Needless to say, when they offered me the job I declined LOL

Old 10-02-2015, 07:44 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGirl815 View Post
I went in for an interview years ago at this company and the guy interviewing me asked me out at the end! Um.. awkward... Needless to say, when they offered me the job I declined LOL
I former coworker of mine met her spouse this way. He interviewed her and she didn't get the job for whatever reason. At some point he contacted her and asked her out and they eventually got married.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,164 times
Had one candidate who wanted 'veteran preference' because he'd tossed hay out of an airplane to snowbound cattle in Nebraska while in the National Guard.

Another interviewee claimed veteran preference because he'd fought in the Bay of Pigs invasion in Cuba; until I pointed out he would've been 13 years old at the time.

Last edited by Scratch33; 10-02-2015 at 08:22 AM..

Old 10-02-2015, 08:18 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
I interviewed for a position which included but was not limited to professional work with small children. One of the interviewers, a very nicely dressed middle aged woman who had been quite formal to that point, proceeded to get down on the floor and crawl around as if she were a cranky three year old, supposedly to see how I would handle children.

Very, very odd, and more than a bit of a set-up.

I didn't get the job, despite over 25 years of relevant experience, excellent referrals, plus a professional degree in the field.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 10-02-2015 at 08:36 AM..

Old 10-02-2015, 08:31 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Then something weird happened. One of the interviewers had a bag of Skittles. He poured some on the table. And asked me if I wanted any.

Well, I thought it was really weird. I politely declined. Since the interview was late in the evening I said I was having dinner soon.

The other interviewer ate the Skittles from the table. And they both enjoyed the skittles.

Needless to say I did not get the job. I think I failed the fit test. But heck no was I going to eat skittles from an unknown table from people I don't know!
Weird - never heard of anything like this before happening at an interview. This reminds me of a scene from the film The Underneath, a thriller from 1994. Before the main character goes on a job interview, he's specifically told whether to accept/decline the offer of candy by the interviewer. How he handles this determines whether or not he'll get the job. Maybe those interviewers saw this movie?!

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 10-02-2015 at 08:42 AM..

Old 10-02-2015, 09:46 AM

22,195 posts, read 19,233,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Before the main character goes on a job interview, he's specifically told whether to accept/decline the offer of candy by the interviewer. How he handles this determines whether or not he'll get the job.
I was thinking the same thing, also they may have wanted to see what color he chose, there is a color profiling system used to evaluate psychology makeup, bet there was that as well

Old 10-02-2015, 11:29 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
Strangest thing? No specifically "in" the interview. I didn't get the job, but left with another candidate to go have sex afterward (disclaimer: I was only 23 at the time lol!)

Old 10-02-2015, 11:51 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
The strangest thing that has happened was that during one interview I was only asked a few questions yet the interviewer went on and on about himself, his role the company, and how well the business was doing. So much so that in the end I was not sure if I got the job or not let alone if it were an actual real interview but it turned out that I was hired.

All other interviews where just your standard affair.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:57 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I was thinking the same thing, also they may have wanted to see what color he chose, there is a color profiling system used to evaluate psychology makeup, bet there was that as well
Considering that two people on the other side of the table began grubbing Skittles off the table, I doubt any of this was the case.

Then again, it could just be a random selection. Maybe the interviewer does not want to go through the hassle of reviewing interviews/applicants and has predetermined that first person to chose a Skittle of a specific color gets hired.

Then once again, companies are typically in the habit of hiring those who best fit into the company's culture. If this were a place where people picking Skittles from a table is normal, and the applicant is not cool with that, then why would that person get hired?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search