Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 04:51 PM

669 posts, read 582,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadhunterPaul View Post
Yes, kids doing adult's work. It still throws me that most of the largest companies use kids straight out of school to do initial screening of incoming resumes and applications.

And then there are the dumb-ass HR managers who push paper and could not read a person's personality if their life was on the line.

I've had a few adventures in the Search business...they mostly tell you just how low the human animal can go either when pressed or as a natural way of being. Some people.....

So, I was accompanying a Six Sigma MBB recruit on an initial interview at a local hotel to meet with a J&J executive who had just flown in from England....

So there we are, waiting in the lobby, and then he comes down the stairs, wearing a dressing gown (aka ROBE) and walking down the stairs very elegantly, as if he was Royalty.

He talked the entire time, asked no questions of my candidate and did not appear to want to be engaged by either of us so we sat there while I fumed. He met with us in a ROBE. Incredible arrogance. And I had already been told J&J thought highly of him. Must be nice.....

Pick up the phone and make another call, right?

Let me know if you would like me to give your rezoom a look-over. If it is covered in metrics then there is probably little I can do to improve it.

The recruitment firms you spoke with/to whom you sent your rezoom may have been retained in which case they are not representing people, only recruiting for clients. Perhaps you can find a contingency search firm at LI that specializes in Sales, I know I have seen them on LI a couple of times.

Good Luck and let me know if there's anything I can do.

Paul.............

Thank you Paul...i was just put off being contacted by a recruiter via LI. I will make sure that I receive the complete job description vs a verbal conversation from a recruiter. The client wanted a self assessment filled out, which I did do. The recruiter said that mine was the most detailed over others. Still did not get a shot at even a phone interview. WTHeck?

Yes they repped the client. My resume screeeeeamed perfect for the position. They chose a “better fit”. Whatever......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 06:08 PM

1,063 posts, read 697,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
I will make sure that I receive the complete job description vs a verbal conversation from a recruiter. The client wanted a self assessment filled out, which I did do. The recruiter said that mine was the most detailed over others. Still did not get a shot at even a phone interview. WTHeck?

Yes they repped the client. My resume screeeeeamed perfect for the position. They chose a “better fit”. Whatever......
The only thing I can think of is an inside candidate or age discrimination. Are you making sure not to put the graduation date or excessive experience down?

P.S. - Good luck getting a complete job description these days. It's worse than pulling teeth

Old 06-20-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
The only thing I can think of is an inside candidate or age discrimination. Are you making sure not to put the graduation date or excessive experience down?

P.S. - Good luck getting a complete job description these days. It's worse than pulling teeth
Yes...no DATES and only 12 years of work history on my resume for those reasons.

Agree, the “job description” seems to be elusive at times.

I am still very gainfully employed.....i cannot imagine being in a situation where I was not. Just ready fir a change. My job search is putting along. What happens, happens. I want the “right” opportunity to come my way.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:50 AM

1,063 posts, read 697,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
.i cannot imagine being in a situation where I was not.
To avoid this dysfunctional job market I am trying to ramp up my side business but it's a challenge. Small businesses actually need my skillset more than big corporations but it is harder to get their wallet open, even for a trial period. I think it's the general culture here in the U.S. that is not collaborative and distrustful. I am strongly considering focusing on International endeavors where there seems to be other challenges however a greater interest in collaboration and mutually beneficial business partnerships.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:43 PM

The job “screening”. Was reposted. I had to giggle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search