Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 06:39 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,860,068 times

Advertisements

To get the needed experience to get a job, could you do a practicum at a different, reputable school (like a state technical college)? Or volunteer at something like blood donation or free STD screening clinics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 07:38 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,225,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
To get the needed experience to get a job, could you do a practicum at a different, reputable school (like a state technical college)?
This requires the student to actually attend such a reputable school.

Quote:
Or volunteer at something like blood donation or free STD screening clinics?
"Yay, you know how to take blood. Hurry, let's hire you at all due speed for this far more complicated job that your education should have prepared you for, but this easy volunteer work makes all the difference in the universe" said no employer ever.

Old 03-10-2022, 07:39 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,225,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelaDublin View Post
What you did before school has a big impact. No one will hire someone who has never worked in this industry. No offense, but we're talking about human health, and I can't blame employers for not wanting to take that risk.
So how do you expect candidates to get past the catch-22 since education is pretty much worthless to get a job?

Old 03-25-2022, 07:43 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
I'm a CT tech and I dont know how to start IVs. Where I work we have IV starters.

Old 04-01-2022, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,617 times
What you did before school has a big impact. No one will hire someone who has never worked in this industry. No offense, but we're talking about human health, and I can't blame employers for not wanting to take that risk. Alternatively, to advance in the field. For example, my mother participated in this course to expand her knowledge: [URL]https://phlebotomynearyou.com/phlebotomy-classes-online[/URL]. So it all depends on what you've done so far. Plus, don't be disappointed if you didn't get a job with one of the five or six companies you applied to; this is accurate in any field. I'm confident that someone will want to take you one day. Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search