Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2023, 03:41 PM

126 posts, read 146,890 times

Advertisements

Hello,

What websites do you recommend for resume writing service? I know about Fiverr and have never used it?
TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2023, 10:26 AM

8 posts, read 3,986 times
I'll assume you are looking for a job. I was in the job search/apply boat 8mo. ago, so I can share some of my experiences. I tried pretty much everything out there.

If you google resume, you'll find tons on services and have your head spinning. My first attempt was a career coach, they cover all the necessary requirements that you require but are quite pricy. Lots on them on LinkedIn. I dropped a good change on it, quality was ok it was good to work with someone directly, but make sure you get lots of revisions. Some provide interview prep, which is pricy. Didn't get much success with landing a job.

Next up was Indeed resume service, it's pretty decent, I wish I've done that first before dropping a grand on a career coach. I recommend you look into that.

I also subscribed to a few online tools, ressoai was one of them. They offer something different, because they tailor resumes to specific jobs. Since I already had my expert resume done, I was able to drop in my experience, skills, etc. in there and it would churn out resumes I could apply with. I was applying to 50 jobs a day, really speed things up. Those tools are dirt cheap!

Never got around to Fiverr, as I did land a job. But I had a colleague try it, said they were happy with it but lots of research needed before selecting a good one. Lots of dodgy ones.

I hope this helps a little.

Old 01-03-2024, 12:41 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClouds View Post
What websites do you recommend for resume writing service?
None. Which services are available from people in YOUR town? Find one.

Old 01-05-2024, 08:36 AM

6,589 posts, read 11,277,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClouds View Post
Hello,

What websites do you recommend for resume writing service? I know about Fiverr and have never used it?
TIA
You shouldn't have to pay for this service. it's a skill you should develop. Seek out friends, family that can help. Or look for local professional groups on places like Meetup/Facebook, etc. You can also Google examples and follow the layout, styles... just make sure your content is yours.

A few tips:
  • A resume is not a job description. It should highlight what you actually accomplished. Not just what your job entailed. If possible show quantitative results - "...increased xyz by 20%", "...managed a budget of x million", etc.
  • It's a marketing tool. And the time your audience will spend on it at first is measured in seconds... So use bullets to highlight those accomplishments. Don't write paragraphs... it won't catch their attention (there are exceptions like Government or Academia where they want verboseness).
  • Probably not an issue if you're just starting out. But keep it brief - 1-2 pages at most (unless otherwise requested). I've been working for over 25 years... and aside from my Federal resume, the others are 1 or 2 pages. 10 year history at most IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search