Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 02:46 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
What type of job is this for?
Highly skilled and certified blue collar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 02:51 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You said that only LOSERS work in fast food places. So if one of your students worked in a fast food place, would you call them a loser? Or are you a hypocrite?

And BTW--You are not helping them with that line of thinking. Maybe you should make yourself aware of the McDonalds Hamburger University program. McDonalds is one of the few companies in this country that you can end up as a regional manager with nothing more than a GED if you are willing to work hard for it. Or maybe you just can't handle the truth--they'd be making more money than you ever will--and get their college degree for free on top of it.

We don't build relationships with employers like Mcdoald's. Now if they go there on their own that's something different but I'm not going to promote it because the company will give off a "FRAUDULENT" Vibe

Old 07-18-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
We don't build relationships with employers like Mcdoald's. Now if they go there on their own that's something different but I'm not going to promote it because the company will give off a "FRAUDULENT" Vibe
So now you are accusing McDonalds of fraud? On what grounds?

Can you name five other national companies that you can work your way to manager with a $60K and up salary with just a GED? I can. And frankly you are a disservice to your clients if you can't. For someone who claims to think outside the box, you sure don't seem to be able to.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:04 PM
FBJ

Quote:
So now you are accusing McDonalds of fraud? On what grounds?

Can you name five other national companies that you can work your way to manager with a $60K and up salary with just a GED? I can. And frankly you are a disservice to your clients if you can't. For someone who claims to think outside the box, you sure don't seem to be able to.
I bet you 95% of the students feel they can get a McDonald's Job on their own so if I mention that's where we place I people you don't think they will be ready to walk out the door and call our a company a joke? Now if I meet with someone privately and they tell me they have a interest in working in food service as a manager then I will bring up the Mcdonald's opportunities. But I'm not going to walk in the door talking about McDonald's

Old 07-18-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I bet you 95% of the students feel they can get a McDonald's Job on their own so if I mention that's where we place I people you don't think they will be ready to walk out the door and call our a company a joke? Now if I meet with someone privately and they tell me they have a interest in working in food service as a manager then I will bring up the Mcdonald's opportunities. But I'm not going to walk in the door talking about McDonald's

Why not? Like I said, if you were really interested in the long term futures of your clients, you would be investigating employment opportunities with programs in place that reward good workers with advancement opportunities. It's not just stuffing them into a job, it's also mentoring them so they understand the long term potential with a certain company. McDonalds has one of the best programs for advancement without a degree in the United States, and that's the type of information you need to be dessimating, instead you say "Fast food is for lsoers."

To not be discussing McDonalds as an option seems shortsighted at best, negligent at worst. And you still haven't answered me. Would you tell one of your clients that "fast food is for losers?"

Old 07-18-2009, 03:12 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,077,860 times
I don't believe anyone who works an honest job is a loser. TVGuy do you mentor at risk people? What sort of population do you counsel?

Old 07-18-2009, 03:18 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Why not? Like I said, if you were really interested in the long term futures of your clients, you would be investigating employment opportunities with programs in place that reward good workers with advancement opportunities. It's not just stuffing them into a job, it's also mentoring them so they understand the long term potential with a certain company. McDonalds has one of the best programs for advancement without a degree in the United States, and that's the type of information you need to be dessimating, instead you say "Fast food is for lsoers."

To not be discussing McDonalds as an option seems shortsighted at best, negligent at worst. And you still haven't answered me. Would you tell one of your clients that "fast food is for losers?"

No but I would promote other type of jobs because I know that Fast Food is one of the Worst, Working at a Supermarket or Clothing store are much better jobs than a fast food place. I would never tell the clients that

Old 07-18-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
No but I would promote other type of jobs because I know that Fast Food is one of the Worst, Working at a Supermarket or Clothing store are much better jobs than a fast food place. I would never tell the clients that
Then why would you say it to someone on here? Or are you a big man because you can hide behind the computer? Either way you're a hypocrite.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:20 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I don't believe anyone who works an honest job is a loser. TVGuy do you mentor at risk people? What sort of population do you counsel?
College Grads
At Risk Teens
Single Fathers
Single Moms

Old 07-18-2009, 03:24 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Then why would you say it to someone on here? Or are you a big man because you can hide behind the computer? Either way you're a hypocrite.
Ok Maybe I was wrong to say everyone is a loser who works at a fast food place but it is normally because they have a criminal background or don't have a diploma and have no idea they can do a lot better if they get the right support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search